Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2007, 20:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vasudeva,

> You are getting good FE for your CVT and should be pretty satisfied (even
> though petrol costs more in Kerala than in Delhi).

Thanks. I am quite happy about the mileage that I am getting now. I wanted at least 12.25 kpl which was the overall average that my Innova diesel was giving.

The petrol (the basic variety) retails at Rs 45.89 to a litre right now. So after getting used to the diesel bills, the petrol ones look a little hefty.

I have to compromise somewhere for the convenience of an automatic.

> Congrats to on your car being scar free for more than 2 months!.

I see so many other vehicles being scar free for much longer periods here. Somehow my luck in these matters is not very good.

> It is extremely inadvisable to keep AC on for 45 mins in idle.

Could you explain that a bit? It is not usually kept like that for long. My wife and kid were waiting for someone and used the AC.
Old 18th December 2007, 12:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

[quote=trrk;660547]Hi Vasudeva,

> You are getting good FE for your CVT and should be pretty satisfied (even
> though petrol costs more in Kerala than in Delhi).

Thanks. I am quite happy about the mileage that I am getting now. I wanted at least 12.25 kpl which was the overall average that my Innova diesel was giving.

The petrol (the basic variety) retails at Rs 45.89 to a litre right now. So after getting used to the diesel bills, the petrol ones look a little hefty.

That is still Rs. 3.7/km which is pretty good. FYI, at Delhi petrol prices of Rs. 43.52/ltr, I am paying Rs. 4.07/km for Corolla H4. Of course, I have some official marketing trips in city, so the overall cost is lower. AC on idle for 45 mins (2-5 mins should be OK, but I usually switch off on idle) is not recommended at all. Perhaps some other members would give their technical opinion.
Old 21st December 2007, 19:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Update

Hi,

The fuel filled was 17 litres for 208kms with an average of 12.24kpl.
Old 28th December 2007, 11:33   #34
BHPian

back pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Vasudeva

> I am yet to find a comfortable position in the driver's seat. My lower back does complain.
Hi,

I also faced the same problem. I drove some 1500 kms in a span of a week, and my lower back is complaining. I have tried putting cushions behind my back, raising myself using cushions, but the problem still remains. One thing may be the clutch is harder than the smaller cars, and the seats are too soft. I tried all combinations of moving seats forward/backward and reclining.

I have a Zen (old model) where I didn't face such a problem.

If you have done something that works, please let me know. I will be trying out the medical lumbar support cushions next, and putting on some seat covers so the seats are not that soft anymore, plus try to get the service people to lighten the clutch.

Simran
Old 28th December 2007, 12:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Hi Dr Rajesh, I had read your review on Yahoo Groups. Welcome back !!

Cars are shipped from factory with high PSI. Dealer should correct the air-pressure during their PDI. They must have missed this. Even I found the ride a bit hard till the car had clocked 2000 Km. After that it softened. Now its close to 12,000 Km and its a delight to drive
I dont think so, when i took delivery of my honda city in chennai, it was also delivered to me with 40+ psi and i realised that only when i went for a air check after a couple of days. got surprised and had to refer back to honda manual immediately for the correct tyre pressure
Old 31st December 2007, 16:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hi Simran,

> and my lower back is complaining. I have tried putting cushions behind my

I have not tried any cushions etc as I am not comfortable with them. My plans for a longer drive during the Christmas vacations did not materialise as we had some guests. In the local trips, I may have got used to it though every time I sit in my Marina, I realise how much better it is!

> One thing may be the clutch is harder than the smaller cars, and the seats > are too soft.

Mine is a CVT and so no clutch. But I don't remember the clutch to be that hard from my manual City test ride. The seats indeed are too soft to give enough support.

> I have a Zen (old model) where I didn't face such a problem.

Surprise! I consider the Zen's front seats the worst in all the cars that I have owned / driven.

> If you have done something that works, please let me know.

If I do find a solution, I would definitely let you know. But I am not actively pursuing any solutions.

> I will be trying out the medical lumbar support cushions next, and putting on > some seat covers so the seats are not that soft anymore, plus try to get
> the service people to lighten the clutch.

All the best! Kindly let me know if it indeed solves the problem.

A very happy new year to you!

Simran[/quote]
Old 31st December 2007, 16:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ikoneer,

> I dont think so, when i took delivery of my honda city in chennai, it was also
> delivered to me with 40+ psi

Exactly! The service people don't do a proper PDI and hence these small but niggling problems.

After 4000+ kms, the ride is as harsh as it was when new. The stiff suspension and the relatively low profile tyres contribute to the rough ride.

A very happy new year to you!
Old 1st January 2008, 12:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi simran,

> I also faced the same problem. I drove some 1500 kms in a span of a week,
> and my lower back is complaining.

I just saw this ad in Overdrive Jan 08 issue.

Take a look at this page and see if these can help you. It is Delhi based.

welcome to : Ergonomic Aids

Hope this helps,
Old 1st January 2008, 20:59   #39
BHPian

Hi,

Wish you a happy new year!

I straightened the seat, and brought it closer to the pedals. The backache is gone, but visibility problems due to the thick A pillar are more pronounced, and so is getting in and out of the car. Am also sitting 'taller' since I sit straighter now.

Simran
Old 5th January 2008, 13:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Fuel guage update

Hi,

Petrol filled 12.684 litres for 132 kms giving 10.41 kpl. More than the low average, I am frustrated about the non linear meter. The 2nd image in post no. 27 is two notches more but took only 10 odd litres.

Same bunk, same dispneser - familiar with what we want (right opposite my house) and so that discrepancy is ruled out.

Me and wife went to Ernakulam. 112 kms covers distance between Vyttila junction and house. Remaining in Ernakulam itself. Speeds between 65 and 70 excepf while overtaking. Idling with AC for 15 minutes. Expected a good mileage, especially with the meter reading.
Old 15th January 2008, 20:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

fuel average - still on test

Hi,

The last tankfull was a surpise. The 154kms took only 8.69 litres giving a 17.72 kpl.

31 kms was by my driver who drove a major portion of 474kms a few days back managing a 14.24kpl

Staedy speeds and a light foot gets good mileage from my observations.
Old 5th February 2008, 12:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Ongoing fuel average tests

Hi,

On Feb 3, Sunday there was a marriage to attend at Sasthankotta.

Alleppey - Karunagappally - Sasthankotta - Chavara KMML Junction - Kollam and back to Alleppey.

Total distance covered was 196kms. Fuel put in was 12.87l. Mileage - 15.23kpl.

AC 2 notches from maximum and blower at 2nd position throughout. Three people upto Sasthankotta, rest alone except for a 10km test drive by my friend in Kollam. Speeds below 75kph throughout.

Kickdown acceleration in D mode is amazing. My firend like that part of it.

I drove his 1992 Diesel Ambassador. The slow speed ride was amazing in comparison to the City where every small bump was felt.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ram,

> trrk,you would be the best person to advice on the honda cvt,

Since it was OT there, shifted here.

> How is the mileage you are getting as of now.15 KMPL is good on the
> highways.

All it has run is around Alleppey, Chanaganacherry, Kollam and Cochin.

When it is doing the 31km round trips to Champakulam, my driver gets around 13.5kpl, whereas I have got 14.5 and more.

My overall mileage is at 13.28kpl over 8083kms, the bulk of it is by my driver as he goes for the school run.

Filling it to the brim is a difficult process and so usually goes to the same bunk where they know its idiosyncracy, but even then there could be minor variations.

I am very happy with the performance and the mileage, but ride is very harsh.
Old 28th March 2008, 11:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

6 months and 10000+kms in my CVT

Hi,

27/03/2007, 6 months, 10000+kms.

The last free service was done yesterday (27/03/2008) at 10003kms and is completing its six months with me with a run of 10067kms.

The 3rd free service (10000kms or 6 months from delivery) came with a bill of Rs 827.00

08235-99916DA Engine oil 3.7L 657.26
15400-PME-N10 Oil Filter 151.54
94109-14000 Washer, Drain, 14mm 18.11

Parts Total 735.03
12.5% ST 91.88
Total 826.91 Rounded off to 827.

The tyre roatation was not done on my request and is duly noted in the bill. The only complaint was a metallic click sound on bad roads. This has been rectified. My driver who took it for service 60kms away to Cochin was not interested in knowing the reason and did not bother to ask.

The total maintenance so far has been the three free services [0.00 (995km 17/10/2007), 675.00 (4183km 26/12/2007), 827.00 (10003km 27/03/2008)] and amounts to Rs 1502.00 which gives an average of Re 0.15 per km on maintenance.

The initial fill of petrol after taking delivery with odometer at 8km was 38.51L @ 45.79 Rs 1763.37. I have excluded this from my overall efficiency calculation.

The last fill post third service was at 10067km (243km 19.85L Rs 953.99) giving an average of 12.24kpl.

The overall average so far has been 13.31kpl over 10067kms. It consumed 755.517L of petrol costing Rs 35078.95. If the initial fill is also added it would be 794.027L worth 36842.32 averaging 12.68kpl. The per km fuel cost works out be Rs 3.48 and Rs 3.66 respectively.

The three decimal fuel figure is courtesy the pump where I fill. All the run has been with AC through out and shared by me and my driver. It has not seen any real highway drives yet with the driving centered around my home town of Alleppey and a radius of 80km. It has seen Nedumbassery airport to the North, Kottayam in the east, Kollam to the east, Alleppey beach to the west.

It has been a dream run so far except for the harsh ride and not so comfy front seat.
Old 28th March 2008, 11:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Good average FE for CVT. Overall your costs per km seem very good. I do not know much about the ride, but in my TD, I found it to be OK. Ride quality seems to differ based on where you are sitting.

I wanted my brother to buy a CVT, but he still picked up a manual City.

You have posted your average FE. Can you also post your best and worst in city driving only. Not on pure highway out of town driving (though that would also be useful). Since you have a detailed record, you can put that on excel sheet and compare across months.

I do that for my car and it helps me to know what is causing the variations across weeks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks