Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 16:01   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
Maybe it's high time we start a thread for the service costs associated for standard services so that fellow BHPians are not taken for a ride by these A.S.S
On the topic of A.S.S in silver bullet is has just completed 15k. Now here is my dilemma. The guys at Vitesse Prabhadevi have recommended the car be brought at servicing every 5ks. Now the approximate cost of this service is around Rs.5000. Which includes the standard servicing cost along with the oil+oil filter costs an AC servicing (around2.5K).

Guys i am in serious quandary here any help will greatly appreciated
Old 27th July 2009, 16:50   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
On the topic of A.S.S in silver bullet is has just completed 15k. Now here is my dilemma. The guys at Vitesse Prabhadevi have recommended the car be brought at servicing every 5ks. Now the approximate cost of this service is around Rs.5000. Which includes the standard servicing cost along with the oil+oil filter costs an AC servicing (around2.5K).

Guys i am in serious quandary here any help will greatly appreciated
You can take the car for a standard Oil + Filter Change at every 5K, and follow the routine services at every 10K.
Why do you want to get the A/C servicing done??? Just go to these guys and say that there is some wierd smell that comes from your car when it's parked under the shade, they will clean the coils etc for free...

I recently had my 20K service done, my M.A.S.S did allow me to bring my own consumables from outside as long as they are MGP/OEM

Here is the breakup of the service costs
Element Air Cleaner - 250
Weights for Balancing - 100
Engine Oil (Had 1 L before - so took only 2.1 L from M.A.SS) - 480
Gear Oil - 815

Paid Service - Free (Had renewed my Maruti Insurance from my A.S.S and they gave me 2 free paid service coupons)
Wheel Alignment - 250
Wheel Balancing - 160
Brake Cleaning and Caliper Greasing - 200
Service Tax - 63
----------------------
Total Paid to M.A.S.S = 2327

I had also taken my consumables -
Engine Flush - STP - 160
Radiator Flush - ABRO - 140
Radiator Coolant - Golden Cruiser XS - 220 (Came with a free car perfume made by GC - exchanged it for Ambipur)
Engine Oil Filter - 220 (MGP)
Diesel Filter - 830
I had 1 Lit of Engine oil + Oil Treatment from my 15K oil change around 2 months back left which I used for this service
---------------------
Subtotal for the parts = 1570

Total Service costs @ 20K service = 3897
Had taken my turtle wax platinum + mitts to the service station and post a washing/cleaning & drying had asked the folks at S.S to wax my car to which they obliged and I paid them a tip for being nice...

Last edited by sonirohit : 27th July 2009 at 16:53.
Old 6th August 2009, 16:06   #48
BHPian

15000 Km Service Done

Guys,
Thanks a lot for the advice for the service. Now it seems there is a bigger problem on my hand. For the last few thousand odd km's i have noticed that the idling sound of the engine in the Vdi is noticeably different when the car is idling with the clutch depressed.

While giving the car at service i brought this up to the notice of the service supervisor. Now it seems the guys cant seem to identify the noise and want to keep the car with them for a few days so they can dig deeper a.k.a open the clutch and maybe even the gear box to solve the problem.

Other than the noise there is no issue wrt to the clutch bite , harshness in engaging etc. it just that the noise is noticeably clanckier than when the clutch is depressed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 6th August 2009, 19:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Thanks a lot for the advice for the service. Now it seems there is a bigger problem on my hand. For the last few thousand odd km's i have noticed that the idling sound of the engine in the Vdi is noticeably different when the car is idling with the clutch depressed.

While giving the car at service i brought this up to the notice of the service supervisor. Now it seems the guys cant seem to identify the noise and want to keep the car with them for a few days so they can dig deeper a.k.a open the clutch and maybe even the gear box to solve the problem.

Other than the noise there is no issue wrt to the clutch bite , harshness in engaging etc. it just that the noise is noticeably clanckier than when the clutch is depressed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I know what you are talking about, tell me something, Does the sound become louder with the clutch released and goes away with the clutch depressed.?

And its a tak tak tak tak tak kind of muted sound right, which can be heard when ur in a quite parking lot or a very quite area only ?
Old 6th August 2009, 19:35   #50
BANNED

how much has the car totally run? just in case tell the service to check the timing chain! probably the chain links are bit loose.

clutch assemblies are quite sturdy in the swift. check the flywheel assembly.

Last edited by Thomas8700 : 6th August 2009 at 19:36.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I know what you are talking about, tell me something, Does the sound become louder with the clutch released and goes away with the clutch depressed.?

And its a tak tak tak tak tak kind of muted sound right, which can be heard when ur in a quite parking lot or a very quite area only ?
Well Yes the sound is precisely that. The volume of the sound is louder with the clutch out and muted with the clutch depressed.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:10   #52
BHPian

Well the car has done 15700 kms with the fourth service just being completed. I think the sound has been there for some time. It is just that i noticed it when i drove another friends swift vdi and noticed the difference
Old 7th August 2009, 16:20   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well Yes the sound is precisely that. The volume of the sound is louder with the clutch out and muted with the clutch depressed.
Quote:
Well the car has done 15700 kms with the fourth service just being completed. I think the sound has been there for some time. It is just that i noticed it when i drove another friends swift vdi and noticed the difference
Well Siddhart, i used to get this sound too from around 10 thousand km, but mine turned out to be broken pressure plate springs and my clutch pedal had become hard too because of that.

So if your clutch pedal is not hard, shifting is normal and no apparent sings of anything wrong i suggest u let it be as they ll open something, ruin something else and this is from first hand experience.

DDIS is not really that well versed with service stations.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks