Team-BHP - Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 SLX 8000 KM 6 month ownership review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 SLX 8000 KM 6 month ownership review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/29971-fiat-palio-stile-1-1-slx-8000-km-6-month-ownership-review.html)

First I am quite satisfied with my decision to go with Palio Stile 1.1, I an enjoying every bit of it.

Here are my opinions about some of the questions raised by fellow T-BHPians about Palio Stile 1.1

1) Underpowered? I shall say the people will only see the printed bhp figure but its torque in low speed is awesome and you will definetly not feel underpower after the run in period. That said one thing I would like to tell you is first gear peppiness in not there compared to other cars, because obviously it's heavier than others. This means on red light you can't just zip ahead but give it couple of second and it will roar like anything ready to take on even bigger cars. To this I would also add that I am able to take it from 0 - 100 within 17sec. whereas the Overdrive magazine gave it 20.1sec. I already got 3 challans for high speeding with this. Infact one time I just started from red light and within 10sec cops stopped me for speed and when I checked their speedgun for my speed it was whopping 84KMPH in less than 10sec. But the best part is its handling at high speed, its absolutely awesome. Few weeks ago I and friend went for trip (he was in Santro eRLX) and we were driving neck to neck and then few turn came and I zipped at the same speed but he had slow down for curves and after that he was not able to catch me for entire journey.

2) Fuel efficiency? Honestly initially I was also worried as it gave only 10 - 11 KM/L. But after the run in period it is just awesome, now I am always getting more than 14+ KM/L. And this is when I drive with very very heavy foot, means always with full accelerator.....speed devil.......if someone will drive more sensibly this will definetly be much better than thiss. And this is in 100% city driving with 100% AC.

3) Service I felt is depend on the dealers, in Delhi I had not so good experiance with Him Motors, good with A-One Motors and absolutely awesome with Vivek Motors for my Stile 1.1. About spare parts I have not yet faced the need for it so no comment on delivery and price.

4) One thing which I like most is the ride quality and suspension on bad roads, I drove and sit in the back on almost all of hatchback category cars and it was just fantastic in Fiat.

5) I also liked the gear shift in my stile, while driving I always get to feel in which gear I am shifting, but with my friends WagonR, Santro, and Estillo many time I keep guessing which gear I shifted into.

These are my opinion about my baby, some may agree and some may not, and I don't mind that. This is for people interested in buying Palio Stile 1.1 but skeptical about it because of what they hear from other opinions about Stile. So this is first hand ownership review after driving it for more than 8000 KM in six months.

Regards

Hey Human,

That was a nice and short review. Good to hear that this car can takeour other 1.1 ltr toy cars easily. The FE looks good.
Hats of to you for managing better performance than car mags :Cheering:

Can you share some experience about the A S S in Delhi.
Did u face any problem with spares anytime if at all needed.
How do you find the cabin. How is the HVH in new 1.1.

Thanks human for that short but crisp Review of Palio Stile 1.1!

Even I thought 1.1 would be underpowered, but it seems the enhanced torque does the job very well!

Humans,
I second your report.
I got my PALIO Stile 1.1 SLX just about 15 days back- This inspite of reading all derogatory remarks about this model on this Forum. I was upgrading from a M800 to this car. After driving 500 Kms, I must say, my experience has been 'Fantastic'. The car aptly suits my style of driving. I do lot of anticipation of events on the road and adjust my speed accordingly and I do not use Horn unless it is absolutely and absolutely necessary ( I can reduce the noise pollution at least by that extent!). I believe in courtesy to fellow users of the road, and find a lot of times to my dismay, this courtesy being misused by others. I also find that courtesy never gets reciprocated! But that doesn't bother me too much , even though sometimes it does get under one's skin.
The main reasons why I went for PALIO Stile 1.1 are :
1. Colour - My wife didnt want BLACK and I didn't want FLAME RED
2. I wanted to go for SWIFT, but family didn't like it's looks.
2. Power was not a major concern for me. I rarely crossed 100KM on highway in my M800. For me it is safety first and then the thrill of speed.
3. Majority of my driving is in Bangalore and with the bumper to bumper traffic, Very rarely will I be able to reach 45Km on the roads that I normally drive.So what will I do with all the 100 BHP, sitting in the engine? Agreed, there may be occasions where all this power is useful, but I can live with it.
4. I wanted to keep budget, if possible, (including car and all accessories) within 5.0L as I have a major education expense coming up in next few months
5. Service upcountry was important to me and with TATA service assurance, I 'hope' bad experience of other FIAT users will be a thing of past.
As far as FE is concerned,
I Filled 30 ltrs when the Reserve Yellow light came on and reset the trip meter. I kept monitoring the reserve indicator yellow light after trip meter showed 350 kms. The indicator came back ON when tripmeter was showing 432. So, FE=430/30=14.4 Kms. Out of these 500 KMs, 310 Kms was on Highway ( trip to Lepakshi - thanks to TBHP reports) , with 50% AC ON.
I bought my car from Prerana Motors, Outer Ring Road. Buying experience was very good.
I feel this gives VFM, but is not for those who want to run F1 races on city roads.

Hey Humans!

Nice review brother. How about posting some pics as well for the benfit of the community and fellow FIATians!

The pics I posted in my earlier post here it is

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...-review-5.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 593340)
Hey Humans!

Nice review brother. How about posting some pics as well for the benfit of the community and fellow FIATians!

About A.S.S I had mixed experiance it was kinda ok with HIM Motors, Good with A-One Motors and absolutely awesome with Vivek Motors. Till now I needed only the rear view mirror, which was broken by one out of control Santro, and I got that without any problem. I enquired with the dealer about parts and his answer was satisfactory as well as logical, that they can't keep stock for things which are not always required in large quantities, but he was saying now a days FIAT delivers really quick when they raise request for part and as the volume increased so is the tendency to keep Palio parts in stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 593292)
Hey Human,

That was a nice and short review. Good to hear that this car can take our other 1.1 ltr toy cars easily. The FE looks good.
Hats of to you for managing better performance than car mags :Cheering:

Can you share some experience about the A S S in Delhi.
Did u face any problem with spares anytime if at all needed.
How do you find the cabin. How is the HVH in new 1.1.

What about rattles and quality of materials used. HAve you felt any issues.

Nope till date I have not faced any issues with rattles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemithomas (Post 593635)
What about rattles and quality of materials used. HAve you felt any issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by humans (Post 602788)
Nope till date I have not faced any issues with rattles.

Had a test drive of 1.1 and 1.6 in the morning..
I found 1.1 a bit undepowered but that was not major concern. The main thing which disappointed me most is the Judder or i guess you call it Rattles while turning the car as very slow speed or when we start it at first gear. The same thing i find often in my maruti 800 the car shakes up a lots while starting or taking turns. Was not expecting this in palio. Am really not sure if this issue is there in other cars like swift or getz also.

TD of 1.6 was very smooth there were no rattles etc. Only thing which lets down a bit is its FE is bit less by 1-2km/ltr.

I did like the 1.1 ride but wanted to confirm if those rattles are common in b+ hatchbacks like getz, uva and swift as well.

sameer are you mixing up panel and plastic rattling with engine jerking when the car is in a high gear at low speed ?

I second that. It has to be high gear and low rpm. The jerking or vibration while turning are more prominent in mecanical (non-ps) steering controls like in 800. even you will find it in old santros with out ps.

About vibrations while starting the car is more Maruti feature :Frustrati than Fiat. While starting a WagonR place your other hand on the gear lever and then tell me what you feel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bottle (Post 603925)
sameer are you mixing up panel and plastic rattling with engine jerking when the car is in a high gear at low speed ?

No it was not plastic/panel rattling for sure. It was engine jerking kind of rattle i experienced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 603954)
I second that. It has to be high gear and low rpm. The jerking or vibration while turning are more prominent in mecanical (non-ps) steering controls like in 800. even you will find it in old santros with out ps.

About vibrations while starting the car is more Maruti feature :Frustrati than Fiat. While starting a WagonR place your other hand on the gear lever and then tell me what you feel.

I agree with you mate about maruti's but was shocked to experience same in Fiat palio stile 1.1:Shockked:

Hey Humans! I congratulate on your comprehensive review..
what are the FE figures returned for Highway driving