Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2004, 19:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
3.there is a lot of turbo lag in indigo but the midrange and topend is quite punchy
Yup...infact...while accelerating in 2nd / 3rd gear, you feel the jerk when the lag ends and the car really flies after that.
ps: I recently tried to take one the curves near Santacruz at 120 kmph and the car was rock steady!!
Old 31st January 2005, 10:25   #17
Suryam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey Stratos,
1. The bulbs are of bad quality, the same wattage (60/55) bulbs made by a good manufacturer will show a noticeable difference. (try the +60 bulbs of the same wattage...apparently there is quite a difference)
2. The indigo has a badly designed reflector (which i dont really think is the case?)
Hi,
Does any body change the headlights of Indigo/Indigo-Marina with any other good manufacturer(other than stock bulbs). Please tell the brands of the headlights. Also dealer's name (if changed in Bangalore)

thanks in advance

Old 31st January 2005, 12:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great review startos !!

just a few points
1) turbo lag ( pain in the stop and go traffic )
2) pathetic fit n finish ( cockroaches whoaa )
3) untrustworthy electricals
4) very very average handling with loads of body roll at normal speeds too ( remember the squealing tyres at below avg speeds )
5) suspension that does the job
6) delicate wheel rims ( :WTF: )
7) Amazing FE
8) Loads of space
9) Avg A.S.S
10 ) Awesome price ( VFM )

I think the Indica and the Indigo sell only on the strenght of points 7,8 and 10 !!

as for the rest - whats dat ??

cheers
Old 31st January 2005, 12:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryam
Please tell the brands of the headlights. Also dealer's name (if changed in Bangalore)
PM (private message) Rudra Sen to get his attention and opinion on this matter. He is from Bangalore too.

R
Old 31st January 2005, 15:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
2) pathetic fit n finish ( cockroaches whoaa )
3) untrustworthy electricals
4) very very average handling with loads of body roll at normal speeds too ( remember the squealing tyres at below avg speeds )
5) suspension that does the job
NC... I guess calling the fit and finish Pathetic aint right. See the thing is there are some things that are cheap...agreed, the panel gaps thingy, but except for that..I really dont see any other bad thing about the finish or the paint.

Secondly, had no electrical problems at all. Everything is working as it should be.

To be frank, handling is not bad at all. Its much more stable than the Indica

Ps: Why do u have the symbol after point 5??? Suspension is Fantastic!!
Old 31st January 2005, 15:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
Tata Indigo LS-Diesel Review (3000 Kms)

. Power increased by a 9-10 bhp more.

nice review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

An intercooler will solve all those problems. Tata will surely offer it as a stopgap before the CRDi engines come in .
GTO,
isnt he talking about a petrol engine as the diesel engine got a bosst of 4bhp while it was the petrol engine that had a higher raise in power

correct me if i am wrong

satya

Last edited by speedsatya : 31st January 2005 at 15:22.
Old 31st January 2005, 15:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
GTO,
isnt he talking about a petrol engine as the diesel engine got a bosst of 4bhp while it was the petrol engine that had a higher raise in power
There was a 9-10 bhp increase in the diesel version and 10 bhp increase in the petrol version!!
Old 31st January 2005, 15:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There was a 9-10 bhp increase in the diesel version and 10 bhp increase in the petrol version!!
:WTF: ,
all these days i was thinking that the indica is 58bhp.,though it never felt like .
Old 31st January 2005, 15:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NC... I guess calling the fit and finish Pathetic aint right. See the thing is there are some things that are cheap...agreed, the panel gaps thingy, but except for that..I really dont see any other bad thing about the finish or the paint.

Secondly, had no electrical problems at all. Everything is working as it should be.

To be frank, handling is not bad at all. Its much more stable than the Indica

Ps: Why do u have the symbol after point 5??? Suspension is Fantastic!!
Its 3-link independent suspension was supposed to be a high point of Indigo. Some of the owners actually rave about it. Dont know why but paint quality of Indigo is definitely not as good as new Indica. New Indica V2 looks much better than Indigo.
Old 10th February 2005, 14:21   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryam
Hi,
Does any body change the headlights of Indigo/Indigo-Marina with any other good manufacturer(other than stock bulbs). Please tell the brands of the headlights. Also dealer's name (if changed in Bangalore)

thanks in advance
Hi suryam,
Concorde will give you 100/90W with relay. Total cost=1000Rs. you can go to Car city also(Prerna motors)
Old 13th February 2005, 09:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

guys, i was just driving my friend's Indica diesel yesterday... what i noticed was that in first gear i could reach speed of around 35 easily (though slowly) and in 2nd gear, 60 was reached (again slowly)..
now if compare it to a car like WagonR/Santro, they only reach about 25 (but faster)... and about 40 in 2nd...

now hows a diesel car able to attain more speed in lower gear??.. is it because of more Torque??
Old 13th February 2005, 11:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
guys, i was just driving my friend's Indica diesel yesterday... what i noticed was that in first gear i could reach speed of around 35 easily (though slowly) and in 2nd gear, 60 was reached (again slowly)..
now if compare it to a car like WagonR/Santro, they only reach about 25 (but faster)... and about 40 in 2nd...

now hows a diesel car able to attain more speed in lower gear??.. is it because of more Torque??
Gear ratios man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13th February 2005, 14:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

[quote=dceite]guys, i was just driving my friend's Indica diesel yesterday... what i noticed was that in first gear i could reach speed of around 35 easily (though slowly) and in 2nd gear, 60 was reached (again slowly)..

=QUOTE]

my santro hits a km or two over 40 in 1st gear...and 80 or so in 2nd gear...and im pretty sure the wagon r isnt far behind...
Old 13th February 2005, 15:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Boy, who are you trying to fool? The Wagon R can hit 45.5kmph (true speed) in 1st and 82.1kmph (true speed) in 2nd. And that 35 you saw on the speedo would infact be around 30-32kmph (true speed).

Quote:
Gear ratios my friend. If i want, i can make the Wagon R hit 100kmph in 1st gear (by changing the gear ratios or the final drive ratio) but, that won't help the car in any way, as the power and torque curves require a specific set of gear ratios.

The gear ratios provided by the company are calculated, keeping in mind the peak power-rpm, peak torque-rpm and the kind of use the car will be subjected to.

Just bcoz a car hits high speeds in one gear, doesn't make it good.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 13th February 2005 at 19:12.
Old 13th February 2005, 21:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Boy, who are you trying to fool? The Wagon R can hit 45.5kmph (true speed) in 1st and 82.1kmph (true speed) in 2nd. And that 35 you saw on the speedo would infact be around 30-32kmph (true speed).

Gear ratios my friend. If i want, i can make the Wagon R hit 100kmph in 1st gear (by changing the gear ratios or the final drive ratio) but, that won't help the car in any way, as the power and torque curves require a specific set of gear ratios.

The gear ratios provided by the company are calculated, keeping in mind the peak power-rpm, peak torque-rpm and the kind of use the car will be subjected to.

Just bcoz a car hits high speeds in one gear, doesn't make it good.

Shan2nu

Shantunu, i am not saying that wagonr/santro cannot attain more than 25+ etc. in first gear.. thats not the issue... what i wanted to emphasize that Indica reaches that speed at a lower engine RPM...

(correct me if i am wrong, as i am not too technical about car mechanics..)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks