Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2004, 17:54   #16
Team-BHP Support

Hey Amit,

Amazing review man! It really puts to rest some of the critisism about the Fiat service.

One thing about the interior , I love the way the stereo is an integrated unit. It just gels so well with the dash. Also, its placement is perfect, eye level and easy to adjust without taking your eyes of the road for too long. Look at the terrible placement of the stereo in the Sumo and you will understand the thought that went into this.

I have driven my friend's Siena a few times and just love the sound that engine makes when revved up. Pure music...

Glad to see the Palio has not given you any major problems!

Rtech

Old 28th July 2004, 18:34   #17
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to your review man...absolutely mind blowing...So comprehensive..You have actually covered ALL the aspects of the car! Fiat surely has one satisfied customer
Old 29th July 2004, 00:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]One thing about the interior , I love the way the stereo is an integrated unit. It just gels so well with the dash. Also, its placement is perfect, eye level and easy to adjust without taking your eyes of the road for too long
ya rtech I agree with u there. Thats why i said the Ergonomics are Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I have driven my friend's Siena a few times and just love the sound that engine makes when revved up. Pure music...
yup..from 2500rpm these fiat engines really take on a sporty rasp. Just love the sound of the TORQUE engine.
Old 7th August 2004, 01:31   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

hey guys
was gonna add my review too ......
FIAT PALIO 1.6 GTX
24000 km review .......
i got my palio in early 2002 ....
before this i had and indica which was rear ended by an 118 ne.....
so my dad sold it off as it gave poor FE - 5.5 when i calculated so then afterwards i gave up calculating
anyway my dad sold it off and asked me my expert opinion ....
we wanted power , performance , safety , looks and space......
i gladly recommended the 1.6 GTx......
it was booked from shaman motors as my sister who is now married knew some people there ..
the car was delivered in 10 days - this was during the time people had to wait 1 - 2 months
any ways
i broke the car in so perfectly and have been using power ever since it came out......
the car drives like a beauty and i just love kickig #### of those who consider it a small car.....
my cars stock but witha good music system....
plannin on gettin kn filters.....
the avg it gives is between 7.5 and 9 in city and on the expressway around 13+ but the car is never driven gently on outstation trips so i kinda like the FE ......
would i ever recommend a fiat product - YES YES and YES
but i wish they would be a bit more aggressive in their sales and marketing and if they could reduce the sponginess feel of their brakes
cheers
lamborghini
Old 8th August 2004, 17:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]i just love kickig #### of those who consider it a small car.....
I know exactly what ur trying to say! Till now i have insulted a few indigo's and Accent's and loved doing it. I remember a Accent that came fast behind me flashing it's head lights and honking desparately. I moved and the guy gave me THAT look while crossing. That was it. cruising along at 90kmph i tapped the accelarator and the palio zoomed to 120kmph in flash. It was my turn to flash headlights and honk. I crossed the accent and saw him trying to catch up in my rear view mirrors but with that soft suspension and that "claimed" 94bhp he had no chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]i wish they would be a bit more aggressive in their sales and marketing
I really don't know how it hasn't yet come across their mind that they need to market their cars aggressively.
Old 8th August 2004, 22:21   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

i hope that they do realize ......
anyway i do remember me and some of my friends were going to pune...
my driver was driving and the other car too had a driver - the latter was a lancer -
anyway once the expressway began the other guys car decided to have a race with the allmighty palio .....
so anyway once the expressway began he floored it and zoomed past us ......
while my driver was steadily speeding but for some reason the racing part of his body took over him and he just floored it ......
in less than 3 mins we were doin 180 and the lancer came into my sights and some time later we zoomed past the lancer doing some 185 .....
man u shouldve seen the look on their faces when we overtook them with our middle finger pointed .....
man i just loved that car that day ........
Old 8th August 2004, 22:22   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

p.s
not that i dont love it everyday ....
but that time my car just made me swell up in pride.....
Old 25th February 2005, 09:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I have done curves at 80-85kmph and the car just keeps going arrow straight!
This i realy didnt understand ! curves at 80-85kmph and car goes -----> straight ?
Old 25th February 2005, 16:42   #24
BANNED

he means stability..
Old 25th February 2005, 18:09   #25
BHPian

good write up dude.....am really tempted to get the car second hand....would ensure i get a good price and am saved the depreciation!!!!

how much would a fully loaded s10 cost me in bangalore? anyone have a clue?
Old 25th February 2005, 22:44   #26
BANNED

Maedi around 3 lacs i guess not more then that..
Old 5th March 2005, 02:03   #27

When are GTX admirers meeting???

Hi all you GTX owners,

When are you guys meeting? Was a meet ever held. I`d like to meet and share views with other GTX owners.

I know Mumbai is a city of busy people but driving and maintaining a GTX is done by passionate people. Sat or Sun and am game for a meet.

Is there a GTX club formed as yet. Hey I am having plenty of questions......And by the way the 1.6 GTX is not dead forever. Fiat is a phoenix and has always risen from its ashes. The GTX is being revived as a "Power" option while the 1.2 will be the "Economy" option. Thats wht the Fiat rep said when I visited the Motor Show at Bandra-Kurla.

Good news, isn`t it.....
Old 7th March 2005, 14:09   #28

heys guys can somebody help with KNN filters, the performance, sourcing, fitments, availability.
Old 13th July 2007, 23:51   #29

Amit has done a very good job by sharing information. Befoe reading this review i had seen the specifications in the showroom an dhad heard about it. but after reading the review, i have decided to go for only palio stile 1.6 sport. For 5 lakhs its a VERY good package. I want to break the trend of buying same old indica's, ford ikon etc.
Old 14th July 2007, 10:15   #30
BHPian

Hi Amit,

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The Palio 1.6 is a car that will make you take the long route home. It will make you go for a drive just for the heck of it and after you come home and park it for the night it's gorgeous looks will ensure you give it a 2nd,3rd and maybe even a 4th look before you go into your house. After dinner you may find yourself at the window giving it a last longing look before you switch off the lights for the night. When you close your eyes you will hope morning comes soon so you can get back into the car!.
I was like this for a few years though am not owning an S10. You said it right and agree with you on the same. Infact the more you drive the more you love the palio.

The other thing is, I thought of selling my car many times for an upgrade and always held back my deciscion. Now planning to keep it for it's life time. It's really a passion to own this car.

Anyways, a very good write-up from you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks