Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

Yup totally agree on the V-kool. Does help especially if you have it on the front windscreen. Worth the investment.
Old 24th October 2007, 00:17   #47
BANNED

guys, got a flat tyre on the third day after delivery, the good thing about these tubeless tyres is that, you can easily ride the car even after its punctured. i easily drove about 6 kms with only about 1 inch of tyre wall left. changing the tyre is very easy.
ok, 1 query, when the puncture was being checked, there was a thin metal wire coming out of the tyre also. the puncturewala just cut the wire. do you think there is a defect with the tire, should i get it replaced.
Old 24th October 2007, 00:51   #48
BANNED

guys...the leather seats in the civic v have great feel and look. but, i dont know much about leather seats. do you think they are of high quality and durable enough for delhi weather. how to clean these seats from time to time.
Old 24th October 2007, 06:27   #49
BHPian

hey new members of civic club congrats, really a car that every one wants to own. i love my civic a lot and have written a lot about it aswell. my car has done 5k till date and getting good mileage of around 9 to 10 in city with A/C, guys as i have 17inc 225 tyres does that effect my pick up and mileage ?
Old 24th October 2007, 10:58   #50
BHPian

@jeetu:

Mileage would be decreased. The pros and cons of upsizing: read here

Disclaimer: I think it is this thread. The chart in Rehann's post is not getting displayed on my comp due to the slow network.
Old 24th October 2007, 11:00   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
That's because of the sun and the humidity.
If it is sunny then you would get lot of heat radiated from the front.
If it is humidity you would still feel uncomfortable at 26deg.
So you would end up changing the temp on the Climate control.

I have V kool on the car, and this problem reduced after that. Now it's more or less on 26 deg +/- 1 deg.
@csentil and ST

V-Kool? Please enlighten! What is this and what purpose does it serve?
Old 24th October 2007, 11:58   #52
Senior - BHPian

v-kool is a premium brand sunfilm for cars, buildings etc. You get entirely transparent sunfilms from them which you can put on your front windscreen thereby reducing heat/UV/IR and still maintaining visibility. Due to this you would get better AC, mileage (probably), less damage to your dashboard/interiors, leather seats due to UV.

Being in Delhi I think the fully transparent sunfilms would be better for you all around. You also getter darker shades in v-kool, but its not recommended that you put them on your front windscreen (I've seen cars with that too !!)

For the Civic, it cost me close to 35K for v-kool. I opted for fully transparent on the front and rear windscreens and 50% visibility for the sides.

V-KOOL check that out. There is also a comprehensive thread on sunfilms. Please do a search for them.
Old 24th October 2007, 12:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
guys...the leather seats in the civic v have great feel and look. but, i dont know much about leather seats. do you think they are of high quality and durable enough for delhi weather. how to clean these seats from time to time.

Yeah I think so. Looks like Napa to me. But dunno if they given leather for the non contact parts. If its the same colour, feel and texture all around then should it be full leather.

Leather seats are typically durable, just make sure no sharp objects are placed or dragged on it (actually this goes for all kinds of seats).

Simplest is to dust them and then use a damp cloth to wipe it. There are some sprays available but from what I hear from some of the leather guys, its just enough to wipe it regularly. Good sunfilm will also protect the leather seats.
Old 24th October 2007, 12:13   #54
BHPian

OT:

Guys I have not got rubber mats in my Civic. I was told that rubber mats are not provided. All they give is the carpet. Is it true?
IN case they dont then would the carpet not get damn dirty very soon?

Where can we find rubber mats for the same in NCR? The showroom does not stock it...
Old 24th October 2007, 12:35   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
OT:

Guys I have not got rubber mats in my Civic. I was told that rubber mats are not provided. All they give is the carpet. Is it true?

Where can we find rubber mats for the same in NCR? The showroom does not stock it...
Hmm...don't you get "carpet" like mats with civic ? i got them though.
Old 24th October 2007, 12:37   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
OT:

They do give you carpet mats which can be removed, or cleaned using a vacuum cleaner and put back. But with our type of weather, dust & muddy conditions its better to get a rubber mat. Surprising that the showroom doesn't stock them. Anyways it would be sold at the premium.
Old 24th October 2007, 12:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

I prefer carpet mats over rubber mats, as they look much more elegant.

I have been using them (the stock carpet mats) since 14 months now and there is no problem. Gets cleaned easily.

I just intend to change it once it starts looking bad. Probably driver side would be changed in another year or so, as it has higher tendency to get damaged by the right foot shoe heel.

Though it might be a good idea to use monsoon mats during monsoon, if area where you usually dis/embark is muddy.

Last edited by ST7677 : 24th October 2007 at 12:53.
Old 24th October 2007, 13:57   #58
BHPian

the last time i had enquired abt the cost of the carpet mats from honda, they were around 500-600 rs (full set but not including the boot mat). this was in 2006. i doubt if they would have changed the price since then.
Old 24th October 2007, 14:50   #59
Senior - BHPian

Carpet mats do look better and are not expensive. Rubber mats for Civic. First of all, carpet mats (as already said) do look more premium and suitable for a high end car. They do get dirty, but can be cleaned daily and sometimes cleaned with water (my car cleaning boy does clean them without water every morn, and I use water say once a month. So far in 7 months, they look new). Even if they ultimately get dirty after 2 years, change them again. You really are not looking for a life long mat, are you.
Old 24th October 2007, 15:06   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the last time i had enquired abt the cost of the carpet mats from honda, they were around 500-600 rs (full set but not including the boot mat). this was in 2006. i doubt if they would have changed the price since then.
That's VFM, isn't it? Even rubber mats cost around that and would require a change in 2 years...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks