Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2004, 17:43   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
OH!!! No No!! Its not a turbocharged version of the Indica !!LOL. Its a version between the DLX and the DLS...
Ohhkay, it's not a perfect world after all... turns out the DLG ain't turbo'd, but it has some of the things the DLS lacks and doesn't have all the frills the DLX offers. Most importantly, there *is* a heater. All the differences listed
here.

I wonder why they don't put in a turbo? It would be perfect...

-oversteer
Old 30th December 2004, 02:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

wow....seems like indica has evolved for the better.

hats off to TATA.
Old 5th May 2007, 19:05   #33
BHPian

It does have a huge set of advantages I'll admit, but it just doesn't feel like a car! The whole experience starting from the dealer, the service station, the service technicians, all of it, I somehow prefer maruti or hyundai anyday.
Old 8th May 2010, 14:08   #34

The review by Mr.Stratos is good. I too own an Indica V2 DLE. Initially I felt that Indica being a small car compared to the Ambassador (Diesel) I was driving the power steering was unnecessary. Later I realised that it is essential in city use both for good maneuverability and for easy parking. I got power steering fitted at a cost of about Rs.27,000 with Prerana motors, Bangalore. Though this is not as effortless as the OEM power steering on DLS models I am happy with it.
Another thing I experienced is, with AC on and 4 passengers in on a summer day when the engine is hot climbing a ramp/ slope is extremely painful and it refuses to move in 2nd gear. My earlier Ambi with its BMC engine was able to pull easily in 2nd.
Old 9th May 2010, 01:00   #35
BHPian

Tata motors has grossly improved it indigenious technology in passenger cars. Have a look inside the engine compartment of the all new Vista Drivetech. Times have changed Tata. The mere idea of just reducing the stroke of Tata commercial vehicles and putting the same units on cars is an old attempt. Old Indicas, both petrol and diesel, v2 and v1 were buggy. The new generation Tata cars will wipe off their technologically backward approach. Today, I had been to Rathod motors, Vapi. A Tata dealer, who had a rush like any shopping mall. The spare parts list was put all across classifying various labour charges and time taken for that job. The rates were lower than market rates. The service team was very co-operative and prompt. So there a few good and transparent Tata authorised service stations too in the country. Indica's hydraulic power steering setup is very good. It gives comprehensive road surface feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks