Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2011, 22:52   #181
BHPian

Re: Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km

It’s time for some update, got the clutch replaced at Honda in August as it had turned hard and even Honda guys suggested it’s better to replace, last month got the rat meshing done for the car from Honda guys, they had told me that there are 5 places from where rat can get into the drivers cabin, since the car will be getting some electronic update in 2012 I though its best to get it done, since the Honda guys had removed the dashboard got the AC system serviced.

Clutch at Honda is now costing about 8 Grand Including labor
Rat meshing about 4 grand including labor
AC system servicing about 2 grand

After a long hunt I was able to find a Skunk2 60mm TB Canada, trust me finding a part which is discontinued 4 years back is a pain, the websites which says they have a Skunk2 60mm TB really don’t have them, when you call them they say the part is discontinued. Thanks to Tony Shagday, Brand Manager of Skunk2 he was helpful in some way finding a 60mm TB.
Old 5th January 2012, 20:11   #182
Senior - BHPian

Vinay been following this thread closely over the years.We have a Black 1.5exi which is currently getting restored.The mechanical overhaul has been done at Pinnacle Honda.Now the car is getting a Striped Paintjob.I am badly searching for the Foglamps of the DX version.Where did you source your foglamps from?Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
Rohin
Old 5th January 2012, 21:23   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
1.5 grand for Radiator oil

Radiator oil?
What it is this?
Old 19th September 2012, 21:12   #184
BHPian

Lot of ups n downs in life and finally made sometime for my Honda.

This 28th she would be completing 10 years on road and really needed attention and I just could not think of any excuse than going for it and getting few minor things fixed, if not for the number of Kms covered, but for the number of years spent on road need to think about different kind of weather condition she would have passed by.

It was really necessary for changing the Compressor, Alternator & Power steering belts as some of my friends car had their belts snapped while they were driving, suspension had some issue it was floating and the front right and the rear left had lost its stiffened life. Breaking was not that effective, oil color had changed and we other small things like vacuum hose on intake and other little things need to be checked.

Took car to WhiteField Honda on 3rd September and left for complete check up and 65,000 service.
Old 20th September 2012, 00:55   #185
BHPian

Got Compressor, Alternator, Power steering belts replaced. Oil changed (Shell's premium, fully synthetic motor oil) with complete 65,000 Kms service
Got the Left rear Door beading fix (it was removed by a fool @ Yousuff place long back) with an awesome 3M tape which by buddy had got from US.Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-tape.jpg
While checking the suspension Honda guys advised to change the wheel hubs as there was slight vibration and also ST bar bush were replaced, both rear wheel hubs replaced, and got KYB gas filled OE replacement suspension fixed.

While getting all these issues fixed, the exhaust manifold gasket got burnt off and started making a wired noiseHonda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-burnt.jpg, went to Raj Sir for getting it replaced, he did not have the original material in stock, asked me to check out in SP road. Spent whole day with the Greddy mesh material and was not able to find a similar one. Called Shabeer and he advised to pick up the tube well packing material (it’s a combination of cardboard and polyurethane I believe) finally found a Shop at SP road called Royal Hardware who deals with all kind of industry packing materials & fabrics, bought a packing material which can withstand about 400 °F, used on most of the Industrial machines coasted about 400 bucks for a 1 Sq sheet. Shabeer had advised to import original one as the local packing might not last long.

She just need few more things, will try to get it before her B’day

Last edited by vinayvtec : 20th September 2012 at 00:56.
Old 15th March 2014, 12:46   #186
BHPian

Finally MY VTEC is for sale look for the Team-BHP Classifieds for more details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks