Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2008, 13:54   #106
Team-BHP Support

Goodbye

With a heavy heart last month, I bade the Vtec farewell.

I had put her up for sale in December. One person made an offer but never completed the deal. Another couple of guys came and looked, and enjoyed the car. I responded to a wanted ad and found a person who wanted a vtec badly. His uncle drove the car and pronounced it A-OK

I gave her a service before the sale - came to around Rs 2300. Again, no major issues. The deal was completed in a vry clear and straightforward manner. My wife said, I was going about this as if I was finding a groom for my daughter!

The new owner has just become a member and I hope will continue the story.
I do miss that engine note and the fun factor. My RS just whooshes!
Old 2nd May 2008, 13:58   #107
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see that happen Ajit. Our cars do have a special bonding with us dont they? Hope the new owner keeps it as well as you do
Old 2nd May 2008, 14:50   #108
Senior - BHPian

Ahhh!! that sinking feeling & the heavy heart.

Considering that vtecs are in demand in bangalore & yours would have been a neatly kept vehicle, wonder why you could not find a buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The new owner has just become a member and I hope will continue the story.
I do miss that engine note and the fun factor. My RS just whooshes!

Is that vinayvtec ?
Old 2nd May 2008, 14:51   #109
Team-BHP Support

@new owner: you have got yourself a well pampered ride, enjoy her and as ajmat posted please take over the thread. It will be really interesting to hear about her from a new person's perspective.
Old 3rd May 2008, 16:05   #110
BHPian

Hi Team,
I was the one who bought the car, its great experience driving this car. I had a Ikon 1.6 NXT before this car.... I had never driven a Vtec before (even though my friends had) I had heard lot about Vtec and was looking for a best car which was take care properly by its owner and who can treat this car more than a mean of transport. I had posted on many blogs and even in free ads. I got many replies even I got a option for bidding a car which belongs to a company in Raheja towers MG road, the funniest part was I got a call from that company saying some one had bid for a higher amount and it was given to them… it was a clean well maintained stock car. I was bit disheartened and after some day when I had been to visit my aunty In cradle hospital saw that car with a reseller who is opposite to that hospital ( LOL) then saw a car in rajajinagar which had just done about 20,000 Kms and the price that he quoted for a 2002 was like a new Vtec price (that owner was in US for a longtime)… after some time just left hope of buying a Vtec then I after some days finally I got a e-mail for ajmat saying to check the link… after checking the link I decided this was a best car for me so only I lost many other… It was a best and clean deal and after my uncle drove the car and gave me a clear note for buying that car. I just need to say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious car (this big word say all about the car that I have). I had checked many Vtec’s before finalizing ajmat’s but this was the one for me…
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious means "Wonderful"

Mod's Note: Please stop typing your post in an external editor (MS Word in your case) and then pasting it here. This results in unreadable posts with too many font, size and color tags that can not be rendered.

Post has been cleaned up this once.
Old 16th June 2008, 12:49   #111
BHPian

Hi Team,
It was a long time I had pdated this thread as I was busy at work and traveling. I have some snaps of my Black Stallion, name explains her characteristics. I have hardly driver 1500 Kms after I have bought her, but believe me I have enjoyed every moment I spent with her.

The story continues ……
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-img_9698-copy.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 16th June 2008, 15:20   #112
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great to hear that Ajmat's Vtec is treating you well. The OHC Vtec is meant to be driven hard, more so with the awesome GReddy headers that Psycho sourced for our cars. Happy driving!

Have you got her waxed / detailed recently? She looks real slick in the pictures.
Old 16th June 2008, 23:37   #113
Senior - BHPian

Wow a well maintained car, no a beast going to a person who also does the same is really an ideal thing to happen!
The car looks mean and clean. Nice.
Old 17th June 2008, 00:04   #114
Senior - BHPian

Vinay

Glad to know that the car is treating you well. Ajit has really taken care of it lovingly and I'm glad to see you are doing the same. The car is shining and the pictures have come out real nice too. Are you into photography? Your shaadi.com picture is real nice
Old 17th June 2008, 00:56   #115
BHPian

Have you got her waxed / detailed recently? She looks real slick in the pictures.

@GTO

No, I have not got her waxed... but have got Amway car wash solution (pretty expensive, but my friend’s mother has the franchise of it ) and I will personally take care of washing it, one good thing in using the Amway is, it will not leave the white marks on the car like shampoo wash and yes the glow is very high.

Yes the Greddy is doing an amazing job. Saturday I had been to meet Raj, but it was in US, met Shaber and he say the car and was happy with the intake and the header, but was not happy with the exhaust pipe that goes from the header to the exhaust as the size of the pipe was not for the Greddy’s performance so advised me to get the 2” pipe done. He had assured there would be a boom in pick-up and the performance of the car would increase. Without having any second thoughts agreed to get it change.

Will be updating the snaps and the after installation performance details shortly…..
Old 17th June 2008, 01:15   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Vinay
Quote:

Glad to know that the car is treating you well. Ajit has really taken care of it lovingly and I'm glad to see you are doing the same. The car is shining and the pictures have come out real nice too. Are you into photography? Your shaadi.com picture is real nice

@Dippy

I am taking care of it very well, my friend and myself took these snaps.. we are not into photography but its the magic of the canon DSLR... we used telephoto zoom and wide angle zoom for taking the snaps... My friend would be flying to UK for some months... so we both were chilling off in Nice road...

shaadi.com picture I am not yet intrested in that.. I need to have atleast a turbo charged car and a super bike in my parking then only I will get into that..

There are many more snaps to come and even some cool updated on the car... planing to get on track after a long break
Old 17th June 2008, 08:54   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Wow a well maintained car, no a beast going to a person who also does the same is really an ideal thing to happen!
The car looks mean and clean. Nice.
My wife did comment that the way I was going about looking for a buyer for the car was like looking for a groom for my daughter
Old 17th June 2008, 10:27   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post

@Dippy

I am taking care of it very well, my friend and myself took these snaps.. we are not into photography but its the magic of the canon DSLR... we used telephoto zoom and wide angle zoom for taking the snaps... My friend would be flying to UK for some months... so we both were chilling off in Nice road...

shaadi.com picture I am not yet intrested in that.. I need to have atleast a turbo charged car and a super bike in my parking then only I will get into that..

There are many more snaps to come and even some cool updated on the car... planing to get on track after a long break

Nicely done. I myself am looking to pick up the Canon DSLR. Is this the D400? Sorry for going OT
Old 17th June 2008, 14:54   #119
BHPian

Nice.. black vtec's look killer!

Shrey
Old 18th June 2008, 00:23   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Nicely done. I myself am looking to pick up the Canon DSLR. Is this the D400? Sorry for going OT
Hi Dippy,

It's an EOS 40D kit, which came with the standard lens and the hood and got a wide angle lens and the telephoto lens. Lens completely depends on your needs… I would suggest you to buy the camera with the standard lens which will have mixture of the entire lens…. Once you know what sort of photos you like to taken then you can decide on the lens.. I think CANON EF LENSES will help you out. If you want to take the picture of a big car then you need a wide angle lens and for getting a Drag car in a track you need a telephoto or a super telephoto…

Most Viewed