Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2007, 21:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Hi! Thomas,
Now my dilemma is of buying a new car which can match fast pickup just like my maruti 800. please don't find these comments weird but my 800 really zips fast.
The mpfi 5 speed engine was a really cool one on the M800. Its got good performance and some really good F.E figures. Sameer. Frankly speaking after running that engine you might find the Palio 1.6 really pinching your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Hi! Thomas,
But keeping in point that I don't use A/C coz I don't have in my current car and secondly i feel shivered on High AC so i can use it like On off on 2 level blower speed and my avg running speed is 60km/hr. So how much can i expect from Stile 1.6 based on my above mentioned style of driving and also same for 1.1.
See the FIAT engine is a torque engine. You need to know how to use this torque while driving the FIAT 1.6 engine. THis i feel is almost opposite of the Maruti engines where you tend to revv at higher rpms on the lower gears. The FIAT 1.6 engine is about its silky smooth power delivery even at very low rpms. If you really revv the Palio 1.6 you would get power power and more power. But if you use the torque and keep the rpm below the 2.5k mark with gear shiftings happening at around 2K rpm, you would surely get like above 10km/l which could go upto 11.5 (from what i've heard). On my adventure which is much more heavier than the Palio i get slightly below 10km/l in city with full a/c. So the above figures should be realistic on the palio stile. But if you really revv her hard and drive in "power mode" these figures could go down upto 7-8km/l.

Sameer the Palio 1.6 is an enthusiasts car which is performance oriented. I strongly suggest against it if you are looking for F.E figures.

PS-The Petra Gear ratios have been changed and that gives higher F.E figures than the adventure. Not sure about the Stile. What i have mentioned above is the bare minimum you would get.

Last edited by gemithomas : 21st October 2007 at 21:20.
Old 21st October 2007, 21:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM360 View Post
i am looking for a hatchback to be chaufeur driven, palio 1.1 seems to be the one (getz if i strech my budget, indica if i ignore the built quality etc))

but A.S.S. for Palio is scary, especially the spare parts not being available.

palio users please comment on this....

the car looks too good for the price, comfort is good, A/C, etc. everything is what i am looking for.

just that the spare parts and service issue is a major let down, surfing through the net saw some TATA users not happy with the service quality of TATA service centers, it it the usual dealer user issue or is it that TATA service centers are really that bad...

also for a Navi Mumbai buyer what would be the best place to buy a TATA/FIAT car (keeping in mind service) ?
NM is there another post by you on this forum. I remember reading something simmilar. In case its not by you this is what i think

Go for the Indica if its going to be driven and maintained by a driver. The Palio needs to be taken care of and i would not recommend this car for being a driver maintained one.
Old 21st October 2007, 22:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

See the FIAT engine is a torque engine. You need to know how to use this torque while driving the FIAT 1.6 engine. THis i feel is almost opposite of the Maruti engines where you tend to revv at higher rpms on the lower gears. The FIAT 1.6 engine is about its silky smooth power delivery even at very low rpms. If you really revv the Palio 1.6 you would get power power and more power. But if you use the torque and keep the rpm below the 2.5k mark with gear shiftings happening at around 2K rpm, you would surely get like above 10km/l which could go upto 11.5 (from what i've heard). On my adventure which is much more heavier than the Palio i get slightly below 10km/l in city with full a/c. So the above figures should be realistic on the palio stile. But if you really revv her hard and drive in "power mode" these figures could go down upto 7-8km/l.

Sameer the Palio 1.6 is an enthusiasts car which is performance oriented. I strongly suggest against it if you are looking for F.E figures.

PS-The Petra Gear ratios have been changed and that gives higher F.E figures than the adventure. Not sure about the Stile. What i have mentioned above is the bare minimum you would get.
Hi! Thomas, well you are right I understand that 1.6 is pure enthusiasts car and need to be driven at low rpm to get max mileage. Just like the way i ride my Thunderbird at low RPM's to get max mileage and decent ride.

I'm not a fast lane driver my driving speed is mostly 60km/hr so, I guess I should make up mind for stile 1.1 model which hopefully could give me decent mileage. Only thing I hope is that 1.1 can take the load of 4 adults of heavy weight along with AC at 50% with pickup atleast equal to santro or so..then it makes sense for me.
Old 22nd October 2007, 01:22   #19

yup it was me

@ gemithomas
posts on tht thread stopped so i sent it here... sorry for tht

we have almost decided for the stile, thanks a ton to the members of team BHP and ofcourse teambhp.
Old 22nd October 2007, 09:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM360 View Post
@ gemithomas
posts on tht thread stopped so i sent it here... sorry for tht

we have almost decided for the stile, thanks a ton to the members of team BHP and ofcourse teambhp.
COngrats NM. Just ask your driver to take good care of her.
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:13   #21
BHPian

1.6 is real fun to drive specially on highway. In city trafic(pune) I feel 1.2 is enough. 1.6 may be fun to drive in a city where trafic is low.

About mileage - I have 1.2 and I get a mileage between 11.5 to 12 in Pune city. I do feel full tank Auto cutoff once fuel indicator shows half of the mark. My very close friend is having 1.6 GTX and he too is getting 11.5 to 12 in pune and he to0 uses auto cuttoff while fueling.
I did noticed the difference only on highway when my 1.2 gives 16+ and he gets between 13-14 KMPL.

But again getting 11+ from 1.6 should have good driving experience where one can take the advantage of torque.

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 22nd October 2007 at 10:14.
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:38   #22
BHPian

Hey Rakesh, congratulations.

Welcome to the Fiat club (It's no more fite (fight) Club ). The A** is no more issue now in. I see lot of stile in Mumbai. The sales is now increasing to 200+ per month.

Do take your friends for a ride and ask their opinion again.

You are star. Enjoy the exclusivity. Be ready to wave at the crowd when you take her out.
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Now this is what I call thinking from the Heart and not Brain

But all said, the Palio 1.6 is simply a great car !! Cheers !!

Awaiting Pics !
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:58   #24
BHPian

Even in Noida I am seeing lot of Stiles and car looks really good in red.
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

I just thought of a Black Stile 1.6 with Side Skirts and Tinted Glasses . Wow Now that would be hottttttt !!!
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:08   #26
BHPian

Congrats Rakesh, its a great buy..U will love the car more in the days to come, A,S,S is okie now, even if its not gr8 we can live with it. nowadays seeing palios in more numbers atleast in bangalore, gud for fiat and its car owners

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks