Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2007, 16:58   #1

My new Fiat Palio 1.6 Stile Sport(Formula Red)

Hi,

New to Team-Bhp.. this forum is the reason.. I have deceided to put in my hard earned money in buying the pocket rocket.. Hope it pays off.. Taking Delivery on Sunday..of my Fait Palio 1.6 Stile Sport (RED). I have got a lot of no no's from people around me.. friends made me look like a fool.. in buying a palio.. I took it quite lightly.. because i know will be able to wipe that smirk off their face very very soon.. when they stand beside me on a signal.. hehe

Any ways.. Have taken the vehicle from Wasan At borivilli.. got a gr8 deal also.. lots of freebies thrown in.. 5.02 lacs on road.. Got a Total Discount of Rs. 36,000/- in ways of finance and dealer discount.. and got them to throw in Mud flaps , matting , Teflon , Anti rust , Car cover and a car purfume.. looks like a good deal to me.. the process was quite smooth i have not visited the showroom once.. they kept coming to the office with the test drive vehicle and the collection of the papers..

Am also quite impressed with the fiat promptness in replying to my email..

this is what i wrote to them just before i booked the car...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

have been reading some reviews of the 1.6 palio sport and am quite impressed with the vehicle. After taking a test drive i quite like the car also but am extremely worried about the After sales service and availability of parts. I plan to buy the vehicle from Wana motors at chembur in Mumbai. I have owned a Tata India and a ford icon both purchased from the same dealer and never have any problems with them in regards to the spares.. but after reading some horrible reviews am quite worried..pls let me know the status of the spares etc.. at wasan and if my decision to buy a palio wont haunt me later.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...-review-4.html

I hope to get some responce from this ID. if i dont its a maruti swift for me.

regard
rakesh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

and twenty min later i get a call from Mr. KODALKAR Mangesh <Mangesh.KODALKAR@fiat.com> telling me how things are changin at fiat.. etc etc.. I have his contact.. written below.. he has promised me any support in terms of spares etc.. He better be there..

Mangesh Kodalkar
After sales
Fiat India Automobiles Pvt.Ltd
B-19 MIDC
Ranjangaon
Pune 412 210
+91 2138 672764

We I belive in dark horses.. and believe in givin a second chance.. so my hard earned moey goes to the palio.. I not a sucker for FE as it really does not matter with my kind of running. I own an Ikon.. thats no 800 in terms of FE so that was not a factor in my decision.. I will post pic.. as soon as possible..

Am proud to be a fiat palio owner.. hope to meet some of the guys who live by the vehicle and pleasure to join their company..

Again any prospective palio owners there.. before talking to your uncle / aunty / friend drive the 1.6 ... then go drive a santro / indica / estilo(crap)
you wont need some one to explain to you what is good about the 1.6 and the diff between the others..

Make a decision once with your heart.. not with your head.. This car is a keeper and she will stand by you if you treat her well..

cheers.. to all the members..

regards
rakesh..
Old 20th October 2007, 17:12   #2
BHPian

congrats on your palio buddy, i too put in my money on a Stile 1.6 sports in Red. I have done 2500 kms and love the sound and power of the engine.
Old 20th October 2007, 17:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey Rakesh congrats on a fabulous purchase! Believe me the Palio experience is just beginning. The car really appeals to your emotions and will endear itself to you with time.

Quote:
I have got a lot of no no's from people around me.. friends made me look like a fool.. in buying a palio..
Tell me about it. I faced the same issues back in 2003 when I bought my S10. However, the moment my friends opened the doors, they were impressed and floored. While my relatives thought I was a fool to put money on the Palio, a few days after delivery they were recommending this same car to their friends .
Old 20th October 2007, 17:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats rakesh, I can really feel your excitement. THe Palio 1.6 just rocks. Dont worry about the "No-s". Its quite natural to hear that when ever you decide not to go with the crowd. Just take care of her for the first 1500-2000km and then you can enjoy the silky smooth engine and the low end torque that would make you love driving.

Would look forward for your reviews. Drive safe.
Old 20th October 2007, 17:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Another palio fan. Congrats, make sure you post some photos of the red beauty. I think the 1.6 stile gives a decent mileage vis a vis performance.
Old 20th October 2007, 18:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

mangesh is pretty good to arrange for parts. if you do need any parts contact him immediately and dont wait for service center ppl to try and get things done.
Old 20th October 2007, 18:39   #7
BHPian

Congrats mate...you really made good choice. Everyone say what they want to. Following one's own instinct is another thing.
Even i'm making up mind to purchase fiat palio in coming week but not being able to decide on 1.1 or 1.6....though 1.6 is natural choice in term of performance but milage of 11km/ltr below will pinch up pocket. So just researching if 1.6 will give 11km/ltr in Delhi.
Old 20th October 2007, 19:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Congrats mate...you really made good choice. Everyone say what they want to. Following one's own instinct is another thing.
Even i'm making up mind to purchase fiat palio in coming week but not being able to decide on 1.1 or 1.6....though 1.6 is natural choice in term of performance but milage of 11km/ltr below will pinch up pocket. So just researching if 1.6 will give 11km/ltr in Delhi.
Sameer. Expect 9-10 in city traffic otherwise you might not be happy. Its a very powerful engine with superb low end torque. If you drive her for Power she will also give you enough and more but at cost of F.E.

If F.E is a problem please think twice before you go for the 1.6. Its more of a performance oriented engine.
Old 20th October 2007, 19:36   #9
BHPian

PALIO 1.1 or 1.6 ?

Quote:
I too was in the same dilemma. FE was one of the factors that made me go for 1.1. There were number of additional factors, ofcourse.

But let me tell you, one thing: I am nearing 1000KMs now on the odometer , driving this car has been pure pleasure.
Old 20th October 2007, 19:53   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Sameer. Expect 9-10 in city traffic otherwise you might not be happy. Its a very powerful engine with superb low end torque. If you drive her for Power she will also give you enough and more but at cost of F.E.

If F.E is a problem please think twice before you go for the 1.6. Its more of a performance oriented engine.

Hi! Thomas,
Thanks for quick reply. Well ya i can understand owning a 1.6 beast could turn out to be a problem with FE. See, currently I own Maruti 800 which is running great and in fact I find it fast zipping around in delhi and it gives me avg of 18-20km/ltr (Non-AC Ex model with 5 gear mpfi)
So, I'm kinda used to spend less on fuel. Also I don't race around that much max speed i drive is 60-65km/hr in delhi. Highway travel is very limited once in a while.
Now my dilemma is of buying a new car which can match fast pickup just like my maruti 800. please don't find these comments weird but my 800 really zips fast. i mean initial pickup from 0-60 is damn too good.
My heart is all way going for Palio but when i had test ride of 1.1 I found it a bit slow in initial pickup but otherwise when its in 3rd or 4th gear its quite fast. Also TD the 1.6 which I found too smooth to zip around.
But keeping in point that I don't use A/C coz I don't have in my current car and secondly i feel shivered on High AC so i can use it like On off on 2 level blower speed and my avg running speed is 60km/hr. So how much can i expect from Stile 1.6 based on my above mentioned style of driving and also same for 1.1.
Please give advice and I hope it will ease out my choice of going for Fiat.

Regards
Sameer
Old 20th October 2007, 19:54   #11

i am looking for a hatchback to be chaufeur driven, palio 1.1 seems to be the one (getz if i strech my budget, indica if i ignore the built quality etc))

but A.S.S. for Palio is scary, especially the spare parts not being available.

palio users please comment on this....

the car looks too good for the price, comfort is good, A/C, etc. everything is what i am looking for.

just that the spare parts and service issue is a major let down, surfing through the net saw some TATA users not happy with the service quality of TATA service centers, it it the usual dealer user issue or is it that TATA service centers are really that bad...

also for a Navi Mumbai buyer what would be the best place to buy a TATA/FIAT car (keeping in mind service) ?
Old 20th October 2007, 19:57   #12
BHPian

Congratulation dude on the purchase of this beauty,the final price is 5lac or what?i've heard it's 4.7lac something huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I think the 1.6 stile gives a decent mileage vis a vis performance.
Performance is same as before even some how faster due to lighter weight.
Old 20th October 2007, 20:01   #13

looking for a chaufeur driven hatch, palio 1.1 seems to the one (Getz if i strech my budget of 4.35, or indica if i ignore the built quality)

the A.S.S. for FIAT is scary, the spares i hear are not easily available most of the times, heard some users being unhappy with Tata service centers, Palio users please comment on this.

how are the service centers in Mumbai ? especially in Navi Mumbai ? any problems which i need to keep in mind if i go for the palio ?
Old 20th October 2007, 20:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rakesh, Many Congrats on your Palio 1.6 Sports!

Palio Rocks! Enjoy driving that Italian beast!
Old 21st October 2007, 19:19   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Hi! Thomas,
But keeping in point that I don't use A/C coz I don't have in my current car and secondly i feel shivered on High AC so i can use it like On off on 2 level blower speed and my avg running speed is 60km/hr. So how much can i expect from Stile 1.6 based on my above mentioned style of driving and also same for 1.1.
Please give advice and I hope it will ease out my choice of going for Fiat.

Regards
Sameer
As I had mentioned earlier, I am getting 11-11.75kmpl in bangalore (with 50% ac)for my 1.6 Petra. My car is becoming 3 years old and for the last 2 years I never got a mileage less than 11.
So Sameer, without AC and with controlled driving style, you can get above 12kmpl for sure. But that way I am not sure if you are really enjoying your car
Anyway, congratulations for the new car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks