Team-BHP - daewoo nexia
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   daewoo nexia (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/3028-daewoo-nexia.html)

hey guys
i guess the topic title is a bit off a turn off for the vtec-ers and not really discussed on this message board

nevertheless this is my review on my 2000 model nexia which has just completed 50 k km

this car was meant to be used by my mom who now uses the corolla
the reason we bought this car was to replace our cielo .
at that time, there were really no colour in which the car looked good. after a few days of deciding we chose a twinkle beige colour..
i was away at camp when the car car came...
unfortuneatly the camp was dirty and this car had come to pick me up and like my clothes too were dirty (luckily we did not remove the plastic covers until the puja was done in my presence)
on first sight the car seemed silver and gold depending on the light it was under.
nevertheless, with all the chrome and the coloured indicators and the rear spoiler which was standars on our deluxe version and the exclusive (at that time atleast) , the car seemed quite elegant and stately..
today too, the car looks quite decent and should age better than cars like the accent... which age quite fast

on stepping inside, i was awed by the design and the relitively better than cielo, lancer quality interiors which just looked tempting and inviting
finished in a royal tan and wood scheme, we all just fell in love with the car's interiors
a point to note though - the car had less legroom than the cielo though more than the lancer etc...

power - the car is not fast
and that is a fact.. the engine is relitively refined but starts jerking once uve left the gas pedal ( anyone have a clue )
its a bit faster than an astra and comparible to the lancer
ive taken it upto 180 speedo read though
the FE of the car is approximatly 7 kmpl in city with 50% aircon

the ride is soft and bumps can be felt but minutely as in the case of the lancer
i have recently changed my tyres to 185 nct 5 on 14 inch wheels
the ride has improved and the car feels lighter and has less body roll

today, after 50k km , i have not experienced any major problem with the car and apart from hand scratches and a scratch made by a truck, the car is in relitively good condition
i am using normal petrol and the engine has become a bit slow.
will changing to power help the FE and performance of the car
2 years hence, depending on the resale value I will decide whether to keep the car or sell it off ....
anyway
cheers for now
i will keep u updated about the car

lambo

Hey Lambo, I think Nexia was an upgread from Cielo. It is 92 bhp if I'm not mistaken and with bigger wheel than Cielo. This was essentially to iron out the short fall of Cielo. Comfort, If I remember right is superb. Way ahead of lots of cars we see nowadays.

yeah rudra
it has a 1.6 lt twin cam engine producing 92 or 94 bhp....
the orginal wheels were bridgestone potenzas, 14 inhers but recently my driver put eagle nct5s on it ....
the ride has improved but the handling has worsened marginally
but i just found out the resale value is apprx 2 - 2.5 lakhs - same as ikon
come 2006 and my ikon and nexia go out and in comes a preowned modified lancer or merc 124 series or maybe a new city....
just waiting for that day

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ Oct. 26 2004,22:27)]recently my driver put eagle nct5s on it ....
the ride has improved but the handling has worsened marginally

Why??? That shouldn't be the case!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ Oct. 26 2004,22:27)]but i just found out the resale value is apprx 2 - 2.5 lakhs -

2-2.5 lakhs??? r u sure? i've seen cielos for arnd 1-1.5 lakhs...i know urs is a nexia but i dont think there will be a difference of abt 1 lakh in the price for a nexia. n if u r getting that price then its very good...

Drifter

im saying the prices from indiacar.com
unfortunatly rudra that is the case....
but the car feels lighter and is giving a better FE
now day it gives around 7 in city with the occasional a.c
that too doing school duty
unfortuneatly i may have to changeover to a diesel as i will be shifting back to my old house and new school ( ambani or ecole hopefully ) and my daily running will be an easy 100 km on those days

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (drifter @ Oct. 26 2004,23:03)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ Oct. 26 2004,22:27)]but i just found out the resale value is apprx 2 - 2.5 lakhs -

2-2.5 lakhs??? r u sure? i've seen cielos for arnd 1-1.5 lakhs...i know urs is a nexia but i dont think there will be a difference of abt 1 lakh in the price for a nexia. n if u r getting that price then its very good...

Drifter

yeah Lambo,

what drifter says is true !! if u r getting tha kinda price , u damn lucky maan !!

but according to me , a nexia shud sell below or arnd the 1 lac rupee mark !

cheers

ps- we have a cielo , and we r being offered anything from 30G to 90G !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (normally_crazy @ Oct. 28 2004,15:21)]ps- we have a cielo , and we r being offered anything from 30G to 90G !! *

Hey n_c,

at 30 grand u might as well give it for free. *

Drifter

woah man thats a low price...
if i get thet price id rather use it and scrap it after a couple more years...
but look at the bright side none of my daewoos have failed me and are very comfortable and relitively fast and good handlers
only spares and FE are troublesome
will post pics soon as i have uploaded them on the other comp and even brighten up my review a bit...
its just too boring...

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (drifter @ Oct. 28 2004,23:05)]at 30 grand u might as well give it for free

Tell the buyer, " I am selling the whole car...and not the tyres or the rims"!!

Or tell him.. u are not selling that car...according to its weight..per KG!!

Nexia resale is around 1.25 in the used car market ,

And yes , we do get cielos for around 45-50k for a 96-97 model and that too in a just decent running condition.

Neways I am fan of Cielo and Nexia, the car loks simply elegant.

and I didnt understand how did the NCts improve the mileage ,
maybe the old tyres had worn out , hence they were returnig poor FE ,
So the difference may be felt.

hey guys
here are the pics
my fav. pic -

my two favorite cars head to head

the beautifully sculpted interiors -

well guys
i have body pics of my car but they are not good
took it in the evening so i will post them later

BTW dipen
i guess the change in the FE is because i have changed my driver
the other driver is driving the corolla

cheers
lambo

p.s
im just editin my report
hope u like it now

guys i have a problem
my rear right tail lamp is not workin when u brake...
ive changed it and all but its still not working
any remedies..
please thanx

hey guys
here are the body pics
hope u like them and pl comment on it
thanx

body 1

body 2

body 3

rear 1

interiors again- just cant gt enough of them

btw the only scratches are by hand except for one by a truck at the petrol pump..
apart fromthat the car is rockin ...
was plannin on putting alloys but decided against it..
maybe when i have to replace the tyres but that wont be for another 30 kkm