Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2004, 02:00   #16

GTO,

What, with the great write up and even more excellent pictures, your jeep sure seems like an awesome one. Just shows how attached you are to your jeep....must be an experience in itself!!

Kimibabe...
Old 13th October 2004, 02:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

One of the best reviews around, you bloody do love your jeep don't you. You wouldn't happen to have an extra seat, or rather a cross bar to hang on to the nest time you go off roading, now would you?
Old 13th October 2004, 09:26   #18
Team-BHP Support

If I remember right, the launch ad for Classic headline was: Admit it, you always liked topless model! Picture of a red coloured tight shaped jeep with wire wheels (made by Wheels India of TVS Group) was enough to drool for.
Alas! I didn't have financial support at that point (I still don't have, anyway) to get a beauty like that.

Great write up pal. Tell me, those original rims are not good enough for off roading? Unless it's an issue fitting those mama of tyres...

I've experienced your jeep. The true feeling is every time I come back to town from Pune meeting, I desperately feel the need for your jeep. One needs your jeep to make it from Vasi toll gate to airport in time. *
Old 13th October 2004, 10:44   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]You're one of the rarest breed - people who actually take their 4x4's offroading (hell most people buy a rwd jeep !)
Thanks. Thats really where the Jeep feels at home. Imagine buying a Ferrari and staying within 3000 rpm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] You wouldn't happen to have an extra seat, or rather a cross bar to hang on to the nest time you go off roading, now would you?
Hahaha, will certainly let you guys know of extra seats next time around. We go off-roading in groups also. Something like 3 - 4 Classic together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]If I remember right, the launch ad for Classic headline was: Admit it, you always liked topless model! Picture of a red coloured tight shaped jeep with wire wheels (made by Wheels India of TVS Group) was enough to drool for.
Spot on, Rudra!! Brings back memories. Mahindra had launched a series of great ads for the Classic, the most memorable of which was a photo of a Classic in the air (really. No Photoshop) on the beach. Caption "Call of the wild". Man, what I would not do to get a look at those advertisements today. Would anyone on Team-BHP be able to source? From old magazines or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Great write up pal. Tell me, those original rims are not good enough for off roading? Unless it's an issue fitting those mama of tyres...
I changed those wire rims with the current three spoke Pajero alloys. The wire rims were extremely tough, no doubt. Never seen them bent in 6 years of driving. But they did look like a bunch of sissies. Thats why I changed over.

GTO
Old 13th October 2004, 14:26   #20
BHPian

Just E-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-t !

Truly, from a heart of passionate Jeep lover !

Tarun
Old 13th October 2004, 14:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Admit it, you always liked topless model!
Thats a good line

GTO, I never could figure out what your avtaar picture was. Now I know
Old 13th October 2004, 14:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Spot on, Rudra!! Brings back memories. Mahindra had launched a series of great ads for the Classic, the most memorable of which was a photo of a Classic in the air (really. No Photoshop) on the beach. Caption "Call of the wild". Man, what I would not do to get a look at those advertisements today. Would anyone on Team-BHP be able to source? From old magazines or something?
I think its possible... a membership of Ad CLub Bombay definitely would help u gain access. I'll am getting one soon and will keep u posted whenever i head to their library.

Revv
Old 13th October 2004, 15:31   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ Oct. 13 2004,13:28)]I think its possible... a membership of Ad CLub Bombay definitely would help u gain access. I'll am getting one soon and will keep u posted whenever i head to their library.

Revv
Rev, I think it was from Enterprise Nexus... if that helps..
Old 13th October 2004, 17:14   #24
BHPian

www.agencyfaqs.com has many print campaigns available online - sadly the classic isn't there but many more are ...

So GTO - how about some more mods on your Classic - get a snorkel next, maybe a suspension lift ....

those new 3 spokes do look better than the wire wheels (which IMHO look best on old cars - old 70's BMW's Jags...) but i'm nor particularly fond of 3 spoke designs.

but are these alloys strong enough for real offroading ? heard that the allloys we get here aren't as tough or light as ones from say BBS would be.
Old 14th October 2004, 02:54   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] sadly the classic isn't there but many more are ...
Not sad. Thats what makes it that much more valuable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]So GTO - how about some more mods on your Classic - get a snorkel next, maybe a suspension lift ....
You read my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

but are these alloys strong enough for real offroading ? heard that the allloys we get here aren't as tough or light as ones from say BBS would be.
Hell ya, if anything...they are much more durable than the regular spokes.

GTO
Old 15th October 2004, 19:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

hey gto
cooooool review!!

some day i too will post a review similar to this!!!

btw who is driving the red jeep????looks like a person of a fairer kind if i am not mistaken.
Old 15th October 2004, 21:41   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
btw who is driving the red jeep????looks like a person of a fairer kind if i am not mistaken.
A goan dude is driving. The fairer kind is next to and behind him.

GTO
Old 21st November 2004, 00:47   #28
Team-BHP Support

For some reason Goa is full of Classic. This guy had a big fight with his wife/girlfriend. Don't ask me how do I know. I was standing on the other side, watching everything.

Old 21st November 2004, 23:32   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Very immaculately maintained Classic. And a late gen model too. Just wondering how those fog lights look on the bull bar? Any front angle shots?

GTO
Old 22nd November 2004, 00:41   #30
Team-BHP Support

No front angle shot pal. I was busy watching them fight. Great fun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks