Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 20:28   #151
Senior - BHPian

I feel you can choose any one because both give cashless for Maruti, Hyundai cars, I did same thing for my MUL/Hyundai cars although claimed only once.

By the way TATA AIG lady offered me 3 days free hotel accomadation and discount on food (30+ places in india and 3 abroad), 3000/- worth discount coupons for spares/service I do and premium is same compared with others. From the begining my car is with Bajaj Allianz because both Toyota dealers are with them for cashless, AIG has announced huge loss recently which made me don't go for TATA AIG (lol).

My 2 years old Innova 5.76 lacs IDV renewal amount came around 16100/- with no claims so far.

May be TATA offered me extra benefits to pull me from Bajaj but I felt its better to continue with same company.

If you are interested I can try locate that lady and have her contact you if she can give those benefits

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 5th March 2008, 23:05   #152
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Ravi for the offer, really appreciated. I think ill go ahead with the chap from Tata AIG who contacted me, poor guy has been following up and had made 2 visits to my office last week.

Also i land up wasting all the freebies that come my way
Old 6th March 2008, 08:38   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ravibhat : TATA AIG lady offered me 3 days free hotel accomadation and discount on food ... 3000/- worth discount coupons ...
Jaggu : poor guy has been following up and had made 2 visits to my office last week.
Ravi is that offer from Tata-AIG or from the dealer / agent ?

I didn't go with Tata-AIG mainly because of the follow-up that the lady did -she pestered me. But wonder if I should appreciate her perserverence !
Old 6th March 2008, 16:17   #154
Senior - BHPian

Go head Jaggu I feel samething

I got a call from direct TATA AIG Mumbai, I feel they are trying too hard to bring the customers because their business might not be in profits.

If we need cashless claims strictly we should choose Insurance provider who has tie up with our service centres irrespective of what other offers they promise because those offers might not turn into truth at the end of the day.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 26th March 2008, 09:12   #155
BHPian

Hi Jaggu,

Have you done the 20K service?
I have reached 19760 as of today and is planning for the 20K service in few days.
Anybody who has done the 20K service, please put up their experience related to the cost concerned. Fuel filter need to be replaced , how much does it cost? Any other important thing to be taken care other that the maruti suggested list?
Old 26th March 2008, 09:21   #156
Team-BHP Support

Nope am running very less these days, mostly office and back so car is just touching 17 k kms.

Update from my side: Got the insurance renewed for Rs 98xx after discounts with Tata AIG.

FE has gone down a lil bit after summer and with more peak hour traffic, last checked it was showing 15.7 kmpl :P
Old 26th March 2008, 10:12   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Anybody who has done the 20K service, please put up their experience related to the cost concerned.
Abhilash, here's the individual breakup ...

Oil filter - 335
Air Cleaner - 231
Coolant - 461
Brake fluid - 241
Gear oil - 707
Engine Oil - 502 (Haven't yet switched to synthetic oil)
Fog light - 48
Brake Bleeding - 100
Consumable - 100
Paid Service - 675
Front Brake Caliper ASY both side R&R - 100
Rear Brake Drum both side R&R - 200

Total: 4161 (plus 400 for wheel alignment, balancing & rotation - done outside). Fuel Filter wasn't changed and was later pointed out by @DieselFan, not sure whether it was missed or the Fuel Filter was good to go for another few thousand km's.

You can also check out BUSA's and a couple more guys who've put up their 20 K service reviews.
Old 26th March 2008, 10:21   #158
BHPian

Thanks RufRoc.
Will post my part once it is done.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:11   #159
BHPian

Guys,
What is the service interval for Swift diesel.
Is it once every 5000kms/3 months or once every 10,000kms/6 months ?
Old 26th March 2008, 12:46   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Guys,
The maruti recommended service interval is for first 1000, 5000, 10000 kms free and then every 10000 kms paid.
Old 26th March 2008, 13:09   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
The maruti recommended service interval is for first 1000, 5000, 10000 kms free and then every 10000 kms paid.
Yup and with the kind of dealers we have around, maybe taking it to a local shop every 5k kms to clean the air filter and replacing oil (if too caring) is the better option.

After 10,000 kms, service interval is every 10k kms.

To add its always better to insist with the dealer to replace the diesel filter, taking into consideration our indian conditions. They might be shying away coz its a pain to access that assembly :P

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th March 2008 at 13:10.
Old 26th March 2008, 13:49   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Guys,
As per owners manual it is 10 K Kms or 1 Year
Old 29th March 2008, 15:20   #163
Team-BHP Support

Just did a trip to hosur and back, man i love this car. The road was bloody pain with all the diversions and craters from construction work. But that gave me a good chance to do some hooligan jumps while criss crossing from service lane (now main road) to highway (now the service lane) lol.

Trick is to have good momentum and just fly CAUTION! Ensure you have a good check on traffic on ORVM and do a mandatory shoulder check.

The car just handles the rough patches aplomb if you maintain the speed. No rattle no fuss, only the tyre noise and the suspension working extra. On return trip i had slowed down due to traffic and immediately the orchestra started.

80 odd kms of good revs and hopefully cleared her exhaust from all the soot from city driving, now to find a good HP pump to get that System D.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th March 2008 at 15:21.
Old 30th March 2008, 20:35   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
now to find a good HP pump to get that System D.

You need to go to BP or IBP pumps for System D and not HP.
Old 31st March 2008, 10:11   #165
BHPian

Today morning I gave my car for the 20K service with Indus Motors, Kakkanad, Kochi.
This dealer-workshop is a relatively new one, and I can see very less cars being serviced there. So I asked them if they have done at least few 20K services for Diesel Swifts. The service advisor was very much sure that they have done a lot.
I didn't had much complaints other than the back seat re-fixing and bonnet alignment not proper after closing.
The service advisor started listing the replacement costs. he said, oil, oil filter, gear oil and brake fluid need to be changed asked him what about Fuel filter? he said thats not required. I showed him the manual, he agreed. Then I showed him one by one coolant, air filter, clutch fluid, transmission oil etc. I met the CCM, and told her that, if I am not satisfied with the service definitely I am gong to complain. She assured that she will personally take care of all things.
Now waiting for the delivery scheduled around 6 pm. Will post the detailed break up after that.
So waiting for the delivery, today evening. Will post

Most Viewed