Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 22:08   #2251
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Guys !

URGENT HELP.

Details,
Swift diesel. 72,000 km. regular service.

Problems reported to MASS; -Clutch slipping.
-Check brakes.
-No engine oil change. Oil change done very
recently .
Please tell me why i have to pay 17,000Rs !??

Check bill attached .
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-dsc_2328.jpg

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-dsc_2330.jpg

Cheers !
Old 9th February 2012, 17:15   #2252
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Swift Vdi 2010 done 15k till date,battery is already showing signs of death.Checked with an exide dealer and he confirmed that one of the cells is weak.During cold starts,there is a noticeable slower cranking speed and the battery comes with a 1 yr warranty in lieu with the car(didnt opt for the extended warranty)How can a battery start showing defect just after a year,this means exide really sucks big time in quality.Can anyone suggest me a good battery,i think Amaron is a good one.
Help
Old 9th February 2012, 17:45   #2253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
...the battery comes with a 1 yr warranty in lieu with the car(didnt opt for the extended warranty)How can a battery start showing defect just after a year,this means exide really sucks big time in quality.Can anyone suggest me a good battery,i think Amaron is a good one.Help
Extended warranty doesn't help with the battery life, so it's fine! If you have to replace, Amaron is a good one.

Get the power rating for the stock battery and buy it from after market shop, you will save a LOT!

Edit:: My stock battery lasted a good 3 year / 55K kms which included a good ICE & numerous night runs with headlights ON for 6 hours+ continously. So guess your battery failure has to do with maintenance more. Please make sure that you check the battery condition once every month and top up with distilled water if required

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th February 2012 at 17:47. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 19:27   #2254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Extended warranty doesn't help with the battery life, so it's fine! If you have to replace, Amaron is a good one.

Get the power rating for the stock battery and buy it from after market shop, you will save a LOT!

Edit:: My stock battery lasted a good 3 year / 55K kms which included a good ICE & numerous night runs with headlights ON for 6 hours+ continously. So guess your battery failure has to do with maintenance more. Please make sure that you check the battery condition once every month and top up with distilled water if required
About the maintenence part,i had my eye on the battery since day 1,used to check the levels once a month,maybe it was one of the rotten eggs.Which rating would u suggest?
Old 9th February 2012, 20:07   #2255
BHPian

Dear Jaggu / All ,

It has been wonderful 4 years and 50,000 KM with Swift VDI, recently I have faced an strange issue @ speed of 90 – 100 km while climbing incline and accelerating further ( flyover ) for a brief 2-3 seconds my car looses acceleration ( techo does not show any increase no matter how much I push accelerator ) and remains constant. Engine check light also appears.

After 2-3 second the engine check light disappears and gradually acceleration is also picked up. After around 5-10 the minutes acceleration becomes normal.

This has happened 3 times ( including today) in 3 months. I had recently given my vehicle for service and service adviser told me that it is due to detection of water in diesel that computer stops the flow of fuel , after some time it gets sorted out. I did tell him that water in the diesel light does not flash , but he insisted on his theory . Since this happens randomly I am unable to reproduce this with service adviser. He had recommended that in case frequency of this issue increase he will change the sensor.

can you advise as it has scared me and I am unable have confidence for longer trips.

OT : after recent rusting news from Thad I have gotten antirust coating on my swift.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 9th February 2012 at 20:22.
Old 9th February 2012, 20:13   #2256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Dear Jaggu / All ,

It has been wonderful 4 years and 50,000 KM with Swift VDI, recently I have faced an strange issue @ speed of 90 – 100 km while climbing incline and accelerating further ( flyover ) for a bried 2-3 seconds my car looses acceleration ( techo does not show any increase no matter how much I push accelerator ) and remains constant. Engine check light also appears.

After 2-3 second the engine check light disappears and gradually acceleration is also picked up. After around 5-10 the minutes acceleration becomes normal.

This has happened 3 times ( including today) in 3 months. I had recently given my vehicle for service and service adviser told me that it is due to detection of water in diesel that computer stops the flow of fuel , after some time it gets sorted out. I did tell him that water in the diesel light does not flash , but he insisted on his theory . Since this happens randomly I am unable to reproduce this with service adviser. He had recommended that in case frequency of this issue increase he will change the sensor.

can you advise as it has scared me and I am unable have confidence for longer trips.

OT : after recent rusting shcoking news from Thad I have gotten antirust coating on my swift.
I dont know if this is a right,can there be a possibility that the fuel filter might be clogged?Or the fuel pump is not generating enough pressure,to me it looks like a fuel starvation.If possible please check the diesel tank,a similar incident happened in my 1995 Mazda 626 station wagon.The cause-a rusted fuel tank,used to cause jerking and poor acceleration in inclines.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 9th February 2012 at 20:15.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 20:19   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r;
I dont know if this is a right,can there be a possibility that the fuel filter might be clogged?Or the fuel pump is not generating enough pressure,to me it looks like a fuel starvation.If possible please check the diesel tank,a similar incident happened in my 1995 Mazda 626 station wagon.The cause-a rusted fuel tank,used to cause jerking and poor acceleration in inclines.
Thanks Rakesh , I have recently ( yesterday ) changed engine oil. I would think that fuel filter was also changed as i had to switch over to synthetic engine oil. I will ask then to check fuel pump.

It was strange that MASS ( maruti owned) Service Adviser insisted on synthetic engine oil this time , Maruti usually recommends mineral oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r;
Swift Vdi 2010 done 15k till date,battery is already showing signs of death.Checked with an exide dealer and he confirmed that one of the cells is weak.During cold starts,there is a noticeable slower cranking speed and the battery comes with a 1 yr warranty in lieu with the car(didnt opt for the extended warranty)How can a battery start showing defect just after a year,this means exide really sucks big time in quality.Can anyone suggest me a good battery,i think Amaron is a good one.
Help
I would think that battery would have its own warranty ( i would think atleast around 2 -3 years ) please check with document / warranty card given at time of purchase.

if warranty is in place you can get around 50 % of the value. my battery went bad after 3.5 years. I tried to install amaron but the terminals were bigger in amaron so i had to get the excide again. Also Battery size was different.

OT: excide when purchased outside comes with 5 year warrenty ( pro-rated)

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th February 2012 at 10:22. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 21:15   #2258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Which rating would u suggest?
I guess its 64A or something for Swift DDiS - NOT sure. Could you do a search? Or simply, call up your A$$ & get the rating! I guess most of the options will provide a 2+2 year warranty as standard [not the stock, but replacement piece].
Old 14th February 2012, 16:54   #2259

To the Gurus of Swift DDis.

I have a 2010 Swift DDis clocked about 28,000 kms. Recently on my trip from Chennai to Bangalore is was unfortunately exposed to "UN-bearable" vibrations at speeds above 140 kmph.
This is very disturbing as all this while (meaning soon after the run-in period a.k.a 3,000 km) I have been often driven at speeds of 140+ kmph. The vibrations typically kicked in after 160 kmph and forced to me to stop pushing my beauty.

But now the same vibrations at 140 kmph :(

Is my beauty getting old, or is it just the time to get her pampered (Oil change & Service).

Please suggest any specifics that I should be look at during the 30K service.

Thanks in advance.

Bharath
Old 14th February 2012, 19:37   #2260
BHPian

Quote:
It was strange that MASS ( maruti owned) Service Adviser insisted on synthetic engine oil this time , Maruti usually recommends mineral oil.
Maruti has changed the engine oil grade from 15W40 to 05W49 recently(from 15/jan/2012) for all new Swifts.
Since most dealers used to stock only Mobil 15W40 mineral oil, they are now recommending synthetic Oil costing Rs.1000-1200/litre. Nice way to make extra money until Mineral oil of 05w40 is widely available
Just got this clarification for my brothers Swift D.
Thay have also changed the first oil change schedule-henceforth first oil change is during the 2nd free service (at 5000 kms) & not at the 1st free service (1000 kms) as was earlier.
Please go through the attached Maruti Engine Oil Circular.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maruti Swift Engine Oil Change Circular.pdf (69.6 KB, 992 views)
GSMINC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 21:43   #2261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Maruti has changed the engine oil grade from 15W40 to 05W49 recently(from 15/jan/2012) for all new Swifts.
Since most dealers used to stock only Mobil 15W40 mineral oil, they are now recommending synthetic Oil costing Rs.1000-1200/litre. Nice way to make extra money until Mineral oil of 05w40 is widely available
Just got this clarification for my brothers Swift D.
Thay have also changed the first oil change schedule-henceforth first oil change is during the 2nd free service (at 5000 kms) & not at the 1st free service (1000 kms) as was earlier.
Please go through the attached Maruti Engine Oil Circular.
So this is only for the new swift. The old swifts continue to get 15W 40.

Is that correct ?
Old 15th February 2012, 08:18   #2262
BBT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathgana

I have a 2010 Swift DDis clocked about 28,000 kms. Recently on my trip from Chennai to Bangalore is was unfortunately exposed to "UN-bearable" vibrations at speeds above 140 kmph.
This is very disturbing as all this while (meaning soon after the run-in period a.k.a 3,000 km) I have been often driven at speeds of 140+ kmph. The vibrations typically kicked in after 160 kmph and forced to me to stop pushing my beauty.

But now the same vibrations at 140 kmph :(

Is my beauty getting old, or is it just the time to get her pampered (Oil change & Service).

Please suggest any specifics that I should be look at during the 30K service.

Thanks in advance.

Bharath
Look into uneven tyre wear. I had the same experience although for me it was at about 45k kms and 3 years with the stock tyres. Once I changed the tyres the vibrations at 120-130 went away and the car was back to normal.
BBT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 10:24   #2263
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Rakesh , I have recently ( yesterday ) changed engine oil. I would think that fuel filter was also changed as i had to switch over to synthetic engine oil. I will ask then to check fuel pump.
Synthetic oil change will not warrant diesel filter change, it will need oil filter change.

Check diesel filter and air filter for the switch off issue. Also check the accelerator sensor at the pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathgana View Post

Hope you are on wider tyres for these kind of speeds.

Check your front wheel balancing, before you do anything.
Old 15th February 2012, 11:11   #2264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
So this is only for the new swift. The old swifts continue to get 15W 40.

Is that correct ?
Yes, But none of the Maruti dealers have 15w40 mobil oil in stock except Bimal on HAL Airport road, behind Hotel Leela Palace
So they try to push the costlier synthetic oil or they may put the regular engine oil used in petrol engines
Just check with your service advisor during the oil change
Old 15th February 2012, 11:54   #2265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC

Yes, But none of the Maruti dealers have 15w40 mobil oil in stock except Bimal on HAL Airport road, behind Hotel Leela Palace
So they try to push the costlier synthetic oil or they may put the regular engine oil used in petrol engines
Just check with your service advisor during the oil change
Ok called up my sa, he confirmed that they still have 15w 40 in stock and this change is only for new swifts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks