Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 17:25   #2266
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu;
Synthetic oil change will not warrant diesel filter change, it will need oil filter change.

Check diesel filter and air filter for the switch off issue. Also check the accelerator sensor at the pedal.

Hi Jaggu,

Today gave the car back to SA , as per his instructions he said that the event ( engine check light ) was recorded in the history once . he futher said that I may need to change the map sensor ( Rs 3,500 ) or even the ECM ( 22,000) he has advises to change the sensor if this issues come again.

I was really like . How is he so sure that the issue is with sensor and not with anything else like fuel pump.

This service station is owned and operated by Maruti ( Naraina Industrial area) new delhi.
i really do not know what else to do now .
Old 16th February 2012, 17:52   #2267
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
There is always another service center to consult.
Old 16th February 2012, 20:58   #2268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi Jaggu,

Today gave the car back to SA , as per his instructions he said that the event ( engine check light ) was recorded in the history once .
=======
He might have seen air map sensor error in the machine?

As archat said, there are tons of MUL service stations if one gives
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 12:48   #2269
BHPian

Hi Kool_Kid,

Stay away from MSSD Naraina, most of the time, even after paying hefty bill, you will never come back happy and a second visit will invariably be required. I had patronised them for a pretty long time but now I don't go to them and get the work done from a known mechanic. They are good only for washing and cleaning that too is inconsistent. Their only motto is to replace and fool the unsuspecting and caring (his car) customer who gives his car in the hope that it will be in professional hands. You visit and see that most of the workers/mechanics (low paid) except electricians, are quite young and are learning on the job at the expense of the customers though in a single day they service large number of cars.

Even if you report a problem to their seniors you will be sent back with a sweet and soft talk especially their DGM and Territory Manager (Sidhu),
manver786 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 14:30   #2270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manver786;
Hi Kool_Kid,

Stay away from MSSD Naraina, most of the time, even after paying hefty bill, you will never come back happy and a second visit will invariably be required. I had patronised them for a pretty long time but now I don't go to them and get the work done from a known mechanic. They are good only for washing and cleaning that too is inconsistent. Their only motto is to replace and fool the unsuspecting and caring (his car) customer who gives his car in the hope that it will be in professional hands. You visit and see that most of the workers/mechanics (low paid) except electricians, are quite young and are learning on the job at the expense of the customers though in a single day they service large number of cars.

Even if you report a problem to their seniors you will be sent back with a sweet and soft talk especially their DGM and Territory Manager (Sidhu),

You are correct , i only went to MSSD hopeing that they are owned and operated by maruti so i through that technician would be more knowledgeable . If fact my last 4 service have been only at this work station . Every visit has been around 10 K .

The service adviser Mr Pandey initially told me that the issue was due to fuel supply being cut off due to water in diesel and now has a new explanation about sensor map. I am sure if I go again I will be offered another explanation .

I only went as my BIL knows Mr Sarkar.

In fact my experience has never been good with them , so I am going back to DD motors peera ghari . I would also send a stinker email to Maruti for this.
Old 18th February 2012, 15:18   #2271
BHPian

Hi,
Most of us go to MSSD thinking that somebody or the other is known but the fact is that they have to making a living and have to achieve a certain target in this regard. The fact that Mr. Sarkar who is a very senior, known to you and is there for the last two decades, and still you are not happy, speaks volume of their dedication to the work and the substandard work they do.
Old 19th February 2012, 13:10   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manver786
Hi,
Most of us go to MSSD thinking that somebody or the other is known but the fact is that they have to making a living and have to achieve a certain target in this regard. The fact that Mr. Sarkar who is a very senior, known to you and is there for the last two decades, and still you are not happy, speaks volume of their dedication to the work and the substandard work they do.
The guys at the service centers think of themselves as mr. Know it alls when they know jack about stuff.
On top of that they have our cars at their disposal for free experiments. If anything goes wrong, they can always charge it to us.
Thankfully, i havent had such experiences with either the swift or the punto and both of them have been high milers.
Changing service centers seldom helps. The same guys move around from one to the other.
The best thing is to be aware enough of the problems that can crop up on the cars we own and their known fixes if any.
Teambhp is one place where everyone comes together to help brothers in trouble and solve out the issues step by step at the same time creating a massive archive for the new comers or people who are not so technically inclined.
I love this place.
Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt
epicenter.rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 19:27   #2273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez View Post
The guys at the service centers think of themselves as mr. Know it alls when they know jack about stuff.
On top of that they have our cars at their disposal for free experiments. If anything goes wrong, they can always charge it to us.
Thankfully, i havent had such experiences with either the swift or the punto and both of them have been high milers.
Changing service centers seldom helps. The same guys move around from one to the other.
The best thing is to be aware enough of the problems that can crop up on the cars we own and their known fixes if any.
Teambhp is one place where everyone comes together to help brothers in trouble and solve out the issues step by step at the same time creating a massive archive for the new comers or people who are not so technically inclined.
I love this place.
Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt
You are so right Mandeep !!! Awareness is the key
Old 24th February 2012, 20:47   #2274
Senior - BHPian

2010 Swift D 2Years/20,000 Kms Service Report

ODO Reading 17629kms

Gave my car for the 20,000 kms service today,thought it would be a regular one.
I have reached office from the service center, within 1 hr service advisor calls me to inform that the coolant hose connecting to the EGR valve is leaking and that it should be replaced. I said replace it, service advisor informed that the EGR valve has to be taken out for replace the hose, and advised that i should also go with the EGR valve cleaning as they are anyway removing the EGR valve for the coolant hose replacement.

I ran to the service center to check the problem they are reporting.After much discussion with our fellow TBHPIAN's maverick79 and monarocv8, I gave the go ahead to the service advisor.

Finally the EGR valve cleaning + coolant hose issue has been resolved.

Received the car. Final bill was Rs 5571.

I didn't replace the engine oil and the engine oil filter as I had replaced them at 15,000 kms.

I have attached the bill. The most costliest item is the exchange filter/ Fuel Filter which is still made in spain BOSCH. Rs 1175.

Find the pics of the EGR valve and the hoses.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-2012022412.54.35.jpg  

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-2012022414.25.45.jpg  

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-2012022414.46.58.jpg  

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-2012022419.39.21.jpg  

Old 27th February 2012, 23:57   #2275
BHPian

Hi All,
please help me
i own a 3yr old swift Vdi, i have noticed oil smear near vaccum hose which comes out from turbo. at MASS when we checked with STD tool, turbo was opening above 2000rpm with pressure rising from 90kpa to 118-120kpa SA said its normal. the oil leak has made me loose my sleep, is it something i need to be worried?
Old 29th February 2012, 21:52   #2276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150
2010 Swift D 2Years/20,000 Kms Service Report

ODO Reading 17629kms

Gave my car for the 20,000 kms service today,thought it would be a regular one.
I have reached office from the service center, within 1 hr service advisor calls me to inform that the coolant hose connecting to the EGR valve is leaking and that it should be replaced. I said replace it, service advisor informed that the EGR valve has to be taken out for replace the hose, and advised that i should also go with the EGR valve cleaning as they are anyway removing the EGR valve for the coolant hose replacement.

I ran to the service center to check the problem they are reporting.After much discussion with our fellow TBHPIAN's maverick79 and monarocv8, I gave the go ahead to the service advisor.

Finally the EGR valve cleaning + coolant hose issue has been resolved.

Received the car. Final bill was Rs 5571.

I didn't replace the engine oil and the engine oil filter as I had replaced them at 15,000 kms.

I have attached the bill. The most costliest item is the exchange filter/ Fuel Filter which is still made in spain BOSCH. Rs 1175.

Find the pics of the EGR valve and the hoses.
My swift has similar problem of coolant leak in the hose connecting to egr valve. It was found during 40k service. Since the leak is very slight sa adviced to fix it in the next service along with EGR cleaning. It is expected to cost 3k.
Old 1st March 2012, 10:04   #2277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover

My swift has similar problem of coolant leak in the hose connecting to egr valve. It was found during 40k service. Since the leak is very slight sa adviced to fix it in the next service along with EGR cleaning. It is expected to cost 3k.
Since the vehicle was still under warranty and my car had completed only 17k kms, I had paid Rs 800 from my pocket for the hose replacement and the egr valve cleaning, rest was picked up by the MASS.
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:09   #2278
BHPian

Just back from the 40k servicing. Now, experiencing loss of power specially in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. The turbo seems to be missing too.

After the car picks up speed, a sudden loss in power occurs, and the service light comes on.

Also the cranking is taking longer than before, still using the company fitted battery, the car is 2.5 years old now.

Any clues ?
Old 24th March 2012, 01:51   #2279
BHPian

So off late i have been having braking issues. car has done 57000/3.5 years. OEM Brake pads last for 37000/- and during 55000 Service SA told me to replace the brake pads and also align the DISC. or we have to install new DISC. :( So this time it only last for 20K.
Any after market solution for braking ? i am fed up with this poor brakes. Pete's Automotive quoted me 28000 for TAR-OX Brake Kit and merely 10% braking improvements over stock brakes. :(

Also I am hearing tuck noise whenever i depress the Accelerator paddle and sound is coming from engine bay. Any idea ?
Old 27th March 2012, 19:49   #2280
BHPian

45k Upadate.
Paid service:725
Brake overhaul: 420
Intercooler cleaning: 380
Caliper pin grasing: 90
Consummables: 100
Brake pad replacement: 1405
Steering plunger replacement: 0 (under extended warranty)

Total: 3475/- (including VAT and CESS)

Brake pad replacement pushing up the total cost. All rattles are fixed and car feels as new. Very good service experience and car was delivered on promised time.
DieselLover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed