Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2007, 12:18   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Hmm lets hope so , the bugger at the workshop was giving me an estimate of 2 to 5 k depending on the damage
@nikunj: any updates?
Old 19th November 2007, 13:01   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Hmm lets hope so , the bugger at the workshop was giving me an estimate of 2 to 5 k depending on the damage
Even if it is this high, I am sure it will be covered in warranty
Old 26th November 2007, 20:22   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@nikunj: any updates?
Sorry for the late update .

Well I called up shuvc and took the guys number ( he knew someone in Mohan Motors Workshop). Gave him a call and fixed up a day to give my car. Following complaints were made :-

1) Starting Motor - Engine not cranking
2) Difficult to engage 1st and reverse gears
3) Noise front undercarriage as well as doors
4) Fog lamps not working
5) Low mileage - approx 14 ( with 100% a/c)
6) Smokes a lot in rapid acceleration
7)2nd Free Service

Status for each of them :-
1)Fixed
2)Fixed
3)Fixed but slight noise persists in driver's door
4)Fixed
5)Will calculate and let ya know (He has promised 16 in city)
6)Smoking very low now
7)Done

Now the main thing. At the time of delivery Mohan Motors promised me to send a bill later on as soon as thier system goes up. Got the bill today. THE TOTAL COST WAS RS 0.00 . . Many thanks to ShuvC. They did take 8 days to deliver my car ( MICO delayed in sending a replacement of the starter motor) but who is complaining . Was really really satisfied this time . Great Job done . I just checked the car tyre pressure today and saw the tyre pressure was below by 4 points in all tyres, (no wonder the ride was so comfortable) . Got that fixed and now the car flies !!
Old 26th November 2007, 23:56   #49
Team-BHP Support

Point 3) what was the under carriage noise like? Anything related to steering suspension?
Old 27th November 2007, 07:31   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Point 3) what was the under carriage noise like? Anything related to steering suspension?

It seemed like a steering suspension noise but again I was not very sure. Moreover I used to hear that noise sometimes. In the Test drive there seemed to be no noise coming and whatever was there was fixed. So I guess I will have to wait and see if the npise crops up again!
Old 29th November 2007, 02:41   #51

Quote:

He ran all the tests and everything aok, the AC fan circuit was not working and radiator fan per say was working normal. Hence the temp was normal and only the AC used to trip at idle when AC radiator grill temp rose above normal, where the AC circuit has to take over.
Jaggu
Jaggu, you're right. Here is some science that I know.
Normally, when there is no on-coming air (Stand-still vehicle), the condenser needs the electrical cooling fans to reject heat. Otherwise, the refrigerant pressure starts building up. The pressure switch fires up to trip the AC compressor relay. This is what you noticed. Normally, the Engine EMS does control this relay. The pressure switch acts as a gate between the AirCon and the EMS.
Old 6th December 2007, 10:18   #52
Team-BHP Support

the service light came again!! anyways had got a call over last weekend from the dealer to take the car to them for some check, so will do the service light thingie this weekend, couldnt check if it was the same AC issue also since it happened very close to office.
Old 6th December 2007, 15:19   #53
Team-BHP Support

Yup its the AC fuse, and the service guy said to get the car on sat and to do a thorough diagnostics on why this is happening.
Old 7th December 2007, 10:13   #54
Team-BHP Support

wok some ground work before i proceed to garage tomorrow.

Both the times fuse blew up during cranking and the AC and or Blower was ON (i dont remember if i had left the compressor switch ON last time).

Again this phenomenon after they switched the negatives anchoring from the chassis to the starter motor.

So do i see a trend here? Will explain this to the electrical guy at dealer and lets see what he has to say.
Old 7th December 2007, 10:18   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Jaggu, would it be a problem with the (concerned) relay ?
Old 7th December 2007, 10:25   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Jaggu, would it be a problem with the (concerned) relay ?
yup that would be the obvious check from A.S.S side (i hope ) relay then the fuse holder and wiring (loose). am just exploring a lil further.
Old 8th December 2007, 23:25   #57
Team-BHP Support

Strip tease !!

Yeah that what i landed up doing to her.

Landed up at RNS and waited for my service adviser, and then he decides to do a thorough check. Call the electrical guy and ask him to check the fuse box, relays, wiring, wiring harness etc. I decided ill give the car 3 M job also, so it went for washing first.

I was watching from a distance and in between i saw one of the cleaning guy fiddle with my glove box. Unfortunately i had left my company access card, HTC hands free etc inside. Anyways the wash was over and the service adviser invited me to be with the car during the work.

So i went, and just on a hunch checked the glove box and what the hell!! the hands free is missing, so i called up the adviser and informs him and he comes running. Showed adviser the suspect and promptly the adviser goes and questions him, and then the prompt denial. Adviser was not ready to take it and he frisks the character and presto the device appears from the pocket.

So the work starts with a big scene with the service adviser yelling and warning all the washing guys, you wont believe the place has some 20 odd guys for just washing!!

Work begins and like last time the AC radiator fan fuse is blown (sits behind the battery), so the electrician goes on to trace the wiring and in order to access the couplers he lands up removing the front bumper (pic above). Afterwards we both realized that the easier and the correct way is to remove the battery plate!!

Anyways all fine, only the re-routing of the grounding wire seems out of normal. So to double check they call up maruti and the electrical expert from there asks us to revert the grounding point to where it should be and check all the relays. Did that and plugged the fuse back and snowhite is purring like normal.

The Tech 2 was at another location of the dealer and drove till there and hooked it up, error code registered previously, indeed was that of radiator fan (output or something). Cleared all the error code and since i had made a good rapport with the service adviser and the electrician (yeah i bought them some cakes in between), electrician takes the extra effort to check all parameters and readings.

I was quite impressed with the Tech 2 machines, its frigging exhaustive one can check almost everything inside the car sitting there. Vehicle Speed to throttle position to coolant temp to boost pressure to steering motor reading to radiator fan speed to AC grill temp to what not.

Anyways all readings were normal and we had to leave it at that, hoping the issue doesn't crop up again. If it does then the radiator fan is gonna be replaced under warranty, since that alone can be at fault now.

Went back to the main workshop and the cleaning guys took over for finishing touch and they did quite a good job, i opted out off 3 M job since it was 3 PM already and i was surviving on fruit cake.

Thats all for now, car purring back to normal.. me satisfied and bill came to Rs 200 for washing, and they didnt charge for the busted fuse also
Old 8th December 2007, 23:34   #58
Team-BHP Support

My dear, this part looks weak. Looks like cutting corner to save cost. Drive safe.

Old 8th December 2007, 23:43   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Swift may be pretty (many of us have doubts about that ) and it may be very great value for money --- but my general impression of its build is that it is not tough!
Old 8th December 2007, 23:44   #60
Team-BHP Support

solid iron bars welded to chassis. that area am not bothered BUT if one misses that bar then whole front along with engine goes for a toss!! If u compare to a car like OPTRA with honey comb plastics inserts this is cost cutting at its height!!

i saw a copper swift d in the other workshop which has taken this hit, the chassis on either side are aok bit the front demolished along with the engine!!

and bloody parts are all marked as FGP (i read it as Fiat Genuine part) so will be exorbitant also !!

Most Viewed