Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2009, 00:06   #766
BHPian

I've never faced this.
Strangely the front right disk got scratched after 10k service, noticed at around 11.5k kms more details in below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1328435

OT : Had asked a question relating to Swift Diesel exhaust

here -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1339665

Never got any reply, so please have a look and share your thoughts.
Old 13th June 2009, 12:09   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Nope no use since it will come back even in a new pad, instead do a slightly longer drive of 10-15 kms in sun and it will dissappear, this is a common issue with both diesel and petrol swifts.
thanks a lot. will try a long ride soon after this monsoon season.
Old 30th June 2009, 18:41   #768
BHPian

Today, I got the car serviced(30k one,but odo reading was 33.6k).I instructed the MASS to put Delvac super 1300 as they did last time,but to my surprise this time they used Servo:-(.
They were pushing for Engine de-carbonizing(rs 1060), Acc to them it is required after every 20k, I didn't opt for it as the owner manual doesn't recommend it on 30k service.
Any thoughts on it?Should I go for it on 40k service.I use engine oil flush for every oil change.
Total Bill was 2588/ after a discount of rs625/ labour charges!
Old 30th June 2009, 20:10   #769
Team-BHP Support

What do they mean by decarbonizing, that will be the deciding factor. If its connecting to a machine and running the engine with cleaning mixture and fuel it will not help much.

Rather get a good fuel additive and use it at regular intervals and use engine flush at 20k kms.

I would suggest occasional long trips, clean fuel, regular oil change using proper grade oil instead.

Do post if you feel any difference after using Servo.
Old 30th June 2009, 23:10   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
recently while i brake my swift hardly a grunt or vibration type sound is heard from the front shocks. i called up my service person and talked about the issue. he told its ok, just a front suspension vibration of the springs, its common in every ddis cos the engine weight is more.
is it common in every ddis? do i have to change anything during my next service?
I've been getting this soung in my swift from the very 1st day, and after endless complaints to the MASS (both in Chandigarh and Bangalore), hardly anything has changed. They say, everything normal sir! I think it's because of weight of the engine that presses the shock springs more while braking hard!
And this sound is more noticable while driving in wet conditions, or the car has been thorughly washed!
Old 30th June 2009, 23:14   #771
Team-BHP Support

Its wet brake pads and not struts, already discussed in here. Ask your washer guy to stop throwing water on the wheel disc for couple of days and it will disappear
Old 1st July 2009, 10:43   #772
BHPian

Wierd Issue faced by me

I faced a wierd issue today with my swift. I was driving on an empty stretch and trying to experience the turbo kick. I was in 4th Gear and the speed was about 80. I observer that the car was refusing to accelerate even on full throttle. There was a lot of smoke when I looked into the rear view mirror. I shifted to 5th, the car accelerated to 100, and then the same story again. This was even on full throttle. So, I released the accelerator hoping that the smoke would reduce, but it was still smoking so badly that I thought something was wrong since the smoke appeared to be white/bluish. I slowly pulled to the side, stopped the car, got out to have a look at the smoke and by this time the smoke levels were back to normal. I then revved the engine right upto 5000 rpm, but the smoke was very less and was black in color.

When I saw the excessive smoke from the rear view mirror, it appeared to be whitish/bluish, but when I stopped the car and checked, it was the normal black colored smoke.

The behaviour of the car is normal after this and it accelerates as usual. This is the second time I am facing this problem. The first was about 1 month back. At that time, I observed that the smoke was black and the car was vibrating as if there was a punctured tyre and refusing to accelerate. The car has done only 8215 km till now.

Has anyone faced this problem? What could this be?
Old 1st July 2009, 10:48   #773
Team-BHP Support

First thing get the oil level checked, hope your rear view was not through sun control, if so color might look different.
Old 1st July 2009, 11:03   #774
BHPian

Yup, the rear view was through suncontrol film, but I doubt if the color could have changed because I do observe black smoke sometimes when accelerating hard...will get the oil checked today! It was upto the exact level when I had checked it last time, but that was some time ago, after this issue first occured.

Last edited by mtnrajdeep : 1st July 2009 at 11:05.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:09   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I faced a wierd issue today with my swift. I was driving on an empty stretch and trying to experience the turbo kick. I was in 4th Gear and the speed was about 80. I observer that the car was refusing to accelerate even on full throttle. There was a lot of smoke when I looked into the rear view mirror. I shifted to 5th, the car accelerated to 100, and then the same story again.

Has anyone faced this problem? What could this be?
I have faced the exact situation once. It never occurred after a tank full later. That time I had filled from a different pump from a remote place, and the technicians inferred that this may be because of bad fuel.
Old 1st July 2009, 13:57   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
I have faced the exact situation once. It never occurred after a tank full later. That time I had filled from a different pump from a remote place, and the technicians inferred that this may be because of bad fuel.
I somehow don't suspect fuel quality here since I have filled in from the same petrol pump many times in the past. However, this time around, I was switching back from HPCL to IOC since the mileage was down with HPCL fuel. If it is because of bad fuel, then I should face this more now since I just filled up last sunday and the tank is full now . Will see if this reoccurs before my next tankup.
Old 1st July 2009, 14:23   #777
BHPian

Hey Jaggu, I just got my Dzire ZDI serviced. The 4th service (first paid one) at 15,000 km. There were no complaints. The work done was as listed below:

1. Bodywash and interior cleaning.
2. There was a sign of a loose or leaking oil seal on the top of engine near the air filter. It was a loose nut, tightened.
3. Got all the suspension nuts tightened.
4. Got oil changed to Mobil MX. The filter was not changed though. They insisted that it need not be changed till 20,000 km.

The total cost was 900 Rupees exclusive of the oil. The oil costed 218 Rs per liter.

I have read in your posts about the diesel additive (3M or Maruti approved). How often it should be added? How does it help?

And TBHPians in Mumbai, where and for how much can I get it in Mumbai? I live in Goregaon (E).

Ciao,
Dushmish
Old 1st July 2009, 16:57   #778
Team-BHP Support

I was blasted on the forum at changing the oil but not changing the oil filter at the first free service (1k). Now its your turn

Why don't you speak to sideways for OWS diesel additive ?
Old 1st July 2009, 17:04   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Hey Jaggu, I just got my Dzire ZDI serviced. The 4th service (first paid one) at 15,000 km.
Isn't the 4th service at 20000kms? Why so early dude? Swift has service interval of 10000 kms!
Old 1st July 2009, 17:21   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Isn't the 4th service at 20000kms? Why so early dude? Swift has service interval of 10000 kms!
Yes, thats what the manual says. But it is good for the engine's health if the oil is changed every 5000Km. The rest is all about keeping the car in tip top condition. Most enthusiasts here follow the interval of 5K Km for servicing and oil change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks