Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2009, 23:29   #871
BHPian

@ anand: i've touched 171-172 on my ddis. get yours checked.
and for the turbo kick, get your air filter checked and if it doesnt work then look at the turbo plumbing.
Old 20th October 2009, 23:33   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
There is an audible difference in engine noise when the car is idling and with clutch depressed in idle.What could be the reason for this?
The gearbox itself will add to the sound, even in neutral.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:22   #873
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
3 problems with my DDIS, run about 15k kms, stock wheels and tires.

1) Top speed does not cross 130 Kms?

2) I think..the turbo which should kick at around 2200 RPM..I do not feel it anymore..its linear. I do feel it in the 3 rd gear though.

3) When I brake hard, DRRRRRR... sound. Not happy with the braking!

Team - Need your help here pls.

Regards
1) & 2) clean the filter first before you do anything else.

3) Did you drive in rain or wash the car wheels? If so this sound is common to many cars, including Swift. If not get it checked and good idea to overhaul the brakes at 20k kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
There is an audible difference in engine noise when the car is idling and with clutch depressed in idle.What could be the reason for this?
What kind of noise and is it less or more? When you disengage clutch engine free's a lil more.
Old 21st October 2009, 22:07   #874
BHPian

the sound is lower with clutch engaged.
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:11   #875
BHPian

Hi Guys...
Got the delivery of my silky silver VDi last monday. I must say I was in love with it as I stepped into the showroom on the day of the delivery and saw the only one silky silver baby in the yard. Got autocop remote locking and seat covers installed in the dealership itself and did hit the road in about 2 hours time.

A few issues (only if they actually are) that are kind of bothering me -

1. The noise when I push the accelerator a bit hard. But when I tried to pull the RPM down a bit the noise cuts down. Is this normal?

2. While re-fueling, I could smell diesel for a long time inside the cabin. The AC was on so the windows were rolled up and still the smell was persistent for good 15-20 minutes. But after that there was no smell at all.
Don't know wot the problem was. Can there be some kind of leakage problem?

Can anyone please advise on the above?
Old 23rd October 2009, 00:10   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu0611 View Post
Hi Guys...
Got the delivery of my silky silver VDi last monday. I must say I was in love with it as I stepped into the showroom on the day of the delivery and saw the only one silky silver baby in the yard. Got autocop remote locking and seat covers installed in the dealership itself and did hit the road in about 2 hours time.

A few issues (only if they actually are) that are kind of bothering me -

1. The noise when I push the accelerator a bit hard. But when I tried to pull the RPM down a bit the noise cuts down. Is this normal?

2. While re-fueling, I could smell diesel for a long time inside the cabin. The AC was on so the windows were rolled up and still the smell was persistent for good 15-20 minutes. But after that there was no smell at all.
Don't know wot the problem was. Can there be some kind of leakage problem?

Can anyone please advise on the above?
regarding
1) It is quite common to hear the diesel clatter when you step on the accelerator hard.It will lessen after around 4k kms once the run-in is properly done.

2) It is possible that the diesel fumes entered the cabin.Do not worry.Its nothing serious.

congratz for your ride and eenjooy..!
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:05   #877
BHPian

Balancing issue?

My VDi has done about 800 km till now. When I am cruising at about 80 kmph on a smooth highway (4th gear, about 2000 rpm), I can feel a bit of a throbbing vibration coming through the seat. It's on the mild side, but it's there for sure. But there's no vibration coming through the steering (I used the steering vibration at around 80 as an indication that it's time to balance the tyres in my old Zen). Is this just something that will go away as the engine runs in? Or should I get the balancing checked during the first service (at my expense of course, not that I mind as it will increase the tyre life if indeed there is a balancing issue)

Thanks,
Amit.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:13   #878
Team-BHP Support

Good idea to check the wheel balancing if there is vibration trickling in through chassis at a particular speed, before that check if the tire pressure is proper on all 4 tires.
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:12   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Good idea to check the wheel balancing if there is vibration trickling in through chassis at a particular speed, before that check if the tire pressure is proper on all 4 tires.
Hmmm... okay. Which brings to the question - I'm running with 185/70 R14 tires - should 33 F and 31 R be okay?
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:11   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
regarding
1) It is quite common to hear the diesel clatter when you step on the accelerator hard.It will lessen after around 4k kms once the run-in is properly done.

2) It is possible that the diesel fumes entered the cabin.Do not worry.Its nothing serious.

congratz for your ride and eenjooy..!
What's the ideal run-in distance for swift? I maintain 60-70 kmph and sumtimes touch 80-90 kmph.. Is tht ok during the run-in. I have done around 550 kms till now.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:33   #881

Hi Friends,
I got my swift transported from pune to chd through packers and movers but i suspect foul play here. It seems that they have driven it all the way from pune to chd, but the meter reading does't show this at all. Can you guys suggest how can i get this thing confirmed?.
The other issue is that the immobilizer sign that comes on and goes off after some time now does not go off till the start the car.....is it fine or something is wrong with the car?
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:28   #882
Team-BHP Support

Arvind, do they have loading and unloading receipts ?
Old 26th October 2009, 11:59   #883
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_julian View Post
Hmmm... okay. Which brings to the question - I'm running with 185/70 R14 tires - should 33 F and 31 R be okay?
Yup 33/31 should be fine if you do city driving without much load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu0611 View Post
What's the ideal run-in distance for swift? I maintain 60-70 kmph and sumtimes touch 80-90 kmph.. Is tht ok during the run-in. I have done around 550 kms till now.
First 650 kms some amount of caution. Start winding up the RPM slowly, then on to your normal driving till 1000 kms. From 1000-5000 drive normally but avoid red lining. 5000-10000 drive as you please. But this engine will completely free up only by 10000 to 15000, when it becomes smooth and silent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind Sharma View Post
Hi Friends,
I got my swift transported from pune to chd through packers and movers
===========
is it fine or something is wrong with the car?
Drive it and you should know, any odd rattles thuds. Check underbody and mudguards for muck.

With warning light do you mean immobilizer or ECU, if ECU its a minor code. Connect to scanner and see what the code is, rectify and reset and lights will go back to being normal.
Old 26th October 2009, 21:04   #884
BHPian

DDIS - Top Speed 130 KMS!! Resolved now

[quote=Jaggu;1541343]1) & 2) clean the filter first before you do anything else.

Got the Air filter cleaning done today, Car now just flies in each gear. I think I am back in business. Thanks Jaggu for the advice! Helped me.

One more question -

My ride quality is bad, how do I improve?

Background - For about 3k kms I used, 205/50/16 wheels. Ride was super harsh and then I sold the big wheels, reverted to stock 165/80/14 set up. I guess earlier big wheels have taken a little bit of toll on the suspension.

Currently running on stock set up with the assumption that ride quality will improve, but unfortuantely no good. Feel suspension is very stiff, I maintain tyre pressure of 32 front and 30 rear. When I rush over uneven roads (read Kamakhya theatre road, towards Devegowda petrol bunk), ride is bad, thud suspension sound. Today, along with Air filter cleaning, got the suspension also checked, they said nothing is wrong. They have cleaned and greased them.

Want to know what will make my ride better:

1) Will reducing the tyre pressure further help?
2) Which set of tyres will drastically improve the ride quality?

Thanks again!

Last edited by anandkumargb : 26th October 2009 at 21:05.
Old 26th October 2009, 21:48   #885
Team-BHP Support

Try Michellins they help with ride, but are soft so careful. Air pressure dont go below what you are running, since it will affect tire life and FE.

Swift suspension is stiff, nothing much you can do there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks