Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 12:20   #1426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I would recommend Mobil Delvac MX instead, Mobil Delvac 1 which is the right synthetic for the engine. Mobil 1 synthetic according to reports didnt give good results with this engine.
I normally stick to Delvac MX, and Maruti "recommends" this Mobil oil
but, Mobil 1 is being recommended by many dealers off late as "approved" synthetic for Maruti diesels.
I heard from one of the service guys that you can safely extend the oil change interval to 20K with synthetic. Not sure about that though.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:04   #1427
Senior - BHPian

stock bulb replacement

Is it safe to use a 100/90 philips rallye headlight bulb?Will it harm the reflectors on the long run.I am planning to install them in my new swift during delivery.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:18   #1428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Is it safe to use a 100/90 philips rallye headlight bulb?Will it harm the reflectors on the long run.I am planning to install them in my new swift during delivery.
There are numerous threads on this, you might want to search a little. However, what I can tell you is that there's mixed verdict regarding the usage of high wattage bulbs. There are bhpians reporting blackening of headlamps and some even peeling off of the plastic but on the other hand some have been using these for over a year with absolutely no issues.
I myself was initially planning to install 130/110 (or was it 130/100), then after reading some reviews thought of going with 100/90 but to be honest still not sure if its worth the risk. I guess if I knew the cost of new headlamp covers for the Swift it'd be easy to decide.
Old 19th August 2010, 21:02   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
There are numerous threads on this, you might want to search a little. However, what I can tell you is that there's mixed verdict regarding the usage of high wattage bulbs. There are bhpians reporting blackening of headlamps and some even peeling off of the plastic but on the other hand some have been using these for over a year with absolutely no issues.
I myself was initially planning to install 130/110 (or was it 130/100), then after reading some reviews thought of going with 100/90 but to be honest still not sure if its worth the risk. I guess if I knew the cost of new headlamp covers for the Swift it'd be easy to decide.
oh,is that so,though i have been using the 100/90 in my 12 yr old zen for past 2 years without any issue.Thanks for the info anyway.
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:21   #1430
BHPian

So guys how would be that option if we install fog lamp in swift ldi with the high powered bulb for better visibility. Instead of upgrading the bulb for main headlight why not install a high powered in the fog lamp and even if it burns a black hole it would not pinch much may be
What would be cost of this install in the fog lamp area and also which brand and what power rating bulb to go for. I am zero when it comes to bulb light and brands. But I am fan of white light Please suggest some good install for fog lamp area.

A white light from the fog lamp and stock yellowish light from the head lamps would look good? What say you guys?

Last edited by sameer551 : 23rd August 2010 at 13:23. Reason: typo
Old 24th August 2010, 00:33   #1431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
why not install a high powered in the fog lamp
Because a fog lamp points at the road immediately in front of you, so why do you want it it be more powerful?
Old 24th August 2010, 07:21   #1432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
So guys how would be that option if we install fog lamp in swift ldi with the high powered bulb for better visibility. Instead of upgrading the bulb for main headlight why not install a high powered in the fog lamp and even if it burns a black hole it would not pinch much may be
What would be cost of this install in the fog lamp area and also which brand and what power rating bulb to go for. I am zero when it comes to bulb light and brands. But I am fan of white light Please suggest some good install for fog lamp area.

A white light from the fog lamp and stock yellowish light from the head lamps would look good? What say you guys?
OE fog lamps of the swift+HID=problem solved
Old 24th August 2010, 10:04   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Because a fog lamp points at the road immediately in front of you, so why do you want it it be more powerful?
Just for better visibility. I have seen a couple of swifts with high powered lights in Fog lamp area and the throw range of light was also good and bright. In one case a guy had not even turned on the main head lamps and the light was too much. I don't know what was that setup but it was in fog lamp area.
Old 24th August 2010, 10:06   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
OE fog lamps of the swift+HID=problem solved
I see, how much would that set up cost on an average and which brand HID?
Also, is it safe to get fog lamps from outside market and not from Maruti dealers who sell it around 3500/- or so.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:16   #1435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
but, Mobil 1 is being recommended by many dealers off late as "approved" synthetic for Maruti diesels.
I heard from one of the service guys that you can safely extend the oil change interval to 20K with synthetic. Not sure about that though.
Thats because they dont have an alternative and stick to manufacturer recommended oil change intervals, irrespective of mineral or synthetics.
Old 24th August 2010, 15:11   #1436
Distinguished - BHPian

Use your fog lamps as fog lamps (and in areas that do not get fog, they are superb for spotting potholes, etc). Do not mess with the throw or settings for fog or headlamps. Doing so especially if you increase the power may make you feel good, but you may be dazzling other drivers
Old 24th August 2010, 16:07   #1437
BHPian

Service Light on & Water Sedimentor Sign on

Folks,

Noticed Service Light & Water Sediementor Light on after hard start last week. Took it to M A S D & drained diesel/water off the Filter/sedimentor.

However, I notice both the signs light up on hard start and go off when I re-start the car second time in the day. Has anyone been encountering this issues ? If the water is still in the Sedimentor; the Service & Water Sedimentor light should be on everytime the car starts.

Anyone else encountering this issue ?

Thanks
Old 24th August 2010, 17:29   #1438
Team-BHP Support

What is hard start? First start?

Light should go off after few sec's of switching ON the ignition, this doesn't require starting also. If not use the scanner to find out if error codes are recorded and clear it off. If the lights are still ON check the battery, a weak battery has been reported to cause such issues.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:11   #1439
BHPian

Looks like a battery issue, I too faced similar problems.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:04   #1440
Distinguished - BHPian

Curiously, so did I!

Due to wet-weather driving here, I was not surprised to see the water-remover light on, but when I took for service, they told me the battery needed replacing. So perhaps that was not just a coincidence.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks