Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 18:41   #1441
BHPian

I recently (in July 2010) got my battery replaced, I had a similar issue service light & water sediementor light used to sometime remain on even after a successful start, took the car to MASS, they said that the battery is going to die, for a second check took the car to Amaron Pit Stop, they confirmed the battery issue after checking the specific gravity of the acid (which was low), I got the battery replaced and everything was back to normal...I think you too can follow the same steps to confirm
Old 27th August 2010, 10:46   #1442
BHPian

Hi! guys, It has been 1700kms on my new swift LDI and I am back here to ask when would I start feeling the turbo. So far I've not felt any such mad rush from the car.

I know I am a sedate driver, but when I had TD a ddis a while back I was able to feel the rush from it even though with my driving style. I was expecting that my car would give a rush in 3rd gear at least when its in speed of 40-55km/hr but I don't feel any turbo at play and all the pickup is linear so far. I've not crossed above 90km speed so far.

Please suggest me if I should take her to service station for turbo checkup or if there is something wrong in my driving style. Lack of tachometer in Ldi as also adds to my woes.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:02   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Hi! guys, It has been 1700kms on my new swift LDI and I am back here to ask when would I start feeling the turbo. So far I've not felt any such mad rush from the car.

I know I am a sedate driver, but when I had TD a ddis a while back I was able to feel the rush from it even though with my driving style. I was expecting that my car would give a rush in 3rd gear at least when its in speed of 40-55km/hr but I don't feel any turbo at play and all the pickup is linear so far. I've not crossed above 90km speed so far.

Please suggest me if I should take her to service station for turbo checkup or if there is something wrong in my driving style. Lack of tachometer in Ldi as also adds to my woes.
You've got to be a little aggressive with the accelerator and turbo can be experienced in any gear. Try it out in the 2nd gear, the turbo I guess should be activated at somewhere around 35 kmph.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:20   #1444
BHPian

I have a Swift Vdi – Sept 2007 model – with over 65000kms on the odo.

Today, I gave my car for servicing at Competent, Hero Honda Chowk, Gurgaon. The service advisor has recommended me the following:
1. Paid Service – Rs. 835
2. Oil & Oil filter change – Rs. 1200
3. Engine Decarbonizing – Rs. 1400
4. Gear Oil, Break oil – Rs. 850
5. Wiper blade change – Rs. 450
6. Radiator Flashing – Rs. 570
7. Fuel filter – Rs. 1200
8. Air filter – Rs. 350
9. Coolant – Rs. 400

Total estimate of about Rs. 7200.

The last service was done at 55000kms where I had got the following done:
• Oil filter
• Plug assembly – oil drain
• Disc brakes cleaning
• Wheel balancing & alignment
• Wheel rotation
Old 27th August 2010, 11:25   #1445
Team-BHP Support

All ok, except decarbonisation and wiper blade change.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:39   #1446
BHPian

Quote:

Even I felt the same while taking a TD of my friend's new Swift VDi. I think for the new Euro4 Swifts, the acceleration is more progressive compared to mad turbo rush present in the Euro3 Swifts. Same is the case with Ritz I suppose.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:43   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
You've got to be a little aggressive with the accelerator and turbo can be experienced in any gear. Try it out in the 2nd gear, the turbo I guess should be activated at somewhere around 35 kmph.
May be true, I tried that a few times but I could not feel that kick and it was linear so far.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:47   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Try mashing the accelerator at around 25 in 2nd gear, as soon as u near the band i ll blast, around 60 in 3rd and then rest of the gears i dont remember

At 85 in 5th gear the turbo is ready for initiation, the travel from here to 140 is epic. Its like a rocket launching into space.

Try it out, you are already above the run in period of 1000 km anyway. Now the world is your race track
Old 27th August 2010, 11:55   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
All ok, except decarbonisation and wiper blade change.
Why is decarb not recommended?

With regards to wiper blades, I had asked them to change, 'coz the current ones were not functioning properly.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:10   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Try mashing the accelerator at around 25 in 2nd gear, as soon as u near the band i ll blast, around 60 in 3rd and then rest of the gears i dont remember

At 85 in 5th gear the turbo is ready for initiation, the travel from here to 140 is epic. Its like a rocket launching into space.

Try it out, you are already above the run in period of 1000 km anyway. Now the world is your race track
Wow!! now that sounds thrilling. I will surely try that out on free roads. The thing is that in mad delhi traffic you can't try all that easily. Moment you reach 60 road ends or some silly auto driver driving in middle of road with no space to overtake. All adventure goes off for a toss.

Will take her for long drive this weekend and would report back
Old 27th August 2010, 12:21   #1451
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Why is decarb not recommended?
Maybe at 80k. Plus who knows how well they do it. Anyways, if you call now to cancel, the SA will tell you that its the first thing they did so money gone
Old 27th August 2010, 15:01   #1452
Distinguished - BHPian

I think our Indian summers destroy our wiper blades, the hot sun leaving them unable to cope with the rains. Maybe they are poor quality to begin with. New wiper blades is an annual must for me, as they will be leaving streaks on the glass.
Old 27th August 2010, 17:17   #1453
Senior - BHPian

I've just come back from a trip to Delhi-Udaipur-Delhi where in my Swift Ldi was driven at 110-130 kmph most of the way and even upto 150-165 kmph for a few minutes every now and then.

Now that I'm back the engine sound is a little on the higher side and some kind of strange humming sound just when the car picks up in the 1st gear, after that its gone. My worry is that since I pushed the car a little too much I might've damaged the engine in some way.
There weren't very frequent stops in between but the temperature never exceeded the half-way.

The car had done 5000 kms when I started and now the odo reads 6700 kms. I'm planning to get the service done this sunday only (initial plan was to get it done at 6000 kms and every 5000 kms then onwards but this trip postponed it) so is there anything in particular that I should be asking them to do.

The car did take a good amount of beating on the bad potholed roads at high speeds while coming back.

Also, do I change the air filter and oil filter at 6.7k, I mean would it be a good idea or I should let M.A.S.S decide it?

Any other service checklist that is available here which I haven't come across yet?
Old 27th August 2010, 19:27   #1454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've just come back from a trip to Delhi-Udaipur-Delhi where in my Swift Ldi was driven at 110-130 kmph most of the way and even upto 150-165 kmph for a few minutes every now and then.
Nope this shouldn't damage your car.

Quote:
Now that I'm back the engine sound is a little on the higher side and some kind of strange humming sound just when the car picks up in the 1st gear, after that its gone.
Are you sure its only in 1st gear, if not check the wheel bearing. Are you sure its not some loose part resonating at that particular speed?

Quote:
The car had done 5000 kms when I started and now the odo reads 6700 kms. I'm planning to get the service done this sunday only (initial plan was to get it done at 6000 kms and every 5000 kms then onwards but this trip postponed it) so is there anything in particular that I should be asking them to do.
Report and try to show them the above hum.

Quote:
The car did take a good amount of beating on the bad potholed roads at high speeds while coming back.
Good idea to tighten the suspension bolts and check wheel alignment, just in case.

Quote:
Also, do I change the air filter and oil filter at 6.7k, I mean would it be a good idea or I should let M.A.S.S decide it?
Yes, better to replace filter with oil.

Just ask them to do a general check up, which they usually do in all the service. If you have driven lots through dust (unlikely in this season), ask them to blow the air filter clean.
Old 27th August 2010, 20:26   #1455
Senior - BHPian

You are the man Jaggu! thanks a lot for such a detailed response, I'd have a peaceful sleep tonight.

This humming sound is more of something brushing against something, like produced out of friction but between some solid components (metal) and definitely only happening in 1st gear, that too only when its picking up but also not everytime.

Unsure of how to describe it here but I guess M.A.S.S should be able to decipher what it is and just in case they don't then I'd probably put an AV here.

Along with wheel alignment shouldn't I also get balancing done? (wasn't it recommended every 5k kms somewhere?)

One thing that I did plan on doing was the tyre rotation which I guess can be done at every 5k kms and wouldn't harm, what say?

Would definitely get the suspension bolts tightened, oil changed and oil filter changed along with blowing of air filter, just in case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks