Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2007, 01:00   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
My dear, this part looks weak. Looks like cutting corner to save cost. Drive safe.

Is this the same with the Swift Petrol? Gosh, that is some crappy bars out there!
Old 9th December 2007, 01:03   #62
Team-BHP Support

i repeat the bars are quite good, its the other area which lacks any protection thats going to be harmful. removed the front bumper of your car and you will realize how fragile things are upfront
Old 9th December 2007, 01:27   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i repeat the bars are quite good, its the other area which lacks any protection thats going to be harmful. removed the front bumper of your car and you will realize how fragile things are upfront
Which area lacks protection Jaggu? Is this design same with the Swift Petrol?
Old 9th December 2007, 21:47   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Which area lacks protection Jaggu? Is this design same with the Swift Petrol?
yup the design is same I am worried about the naked front which will expose the radiator n stuff to slightest of impact
Old 9th December 2007, 22:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
solid iron bars welded to chassis. that area am not bothered BUT if one misses that bar then whole front along with engine goes for a toss!! If u compare to a car like OPTRA with honey comb plastics inserts this is cost cutting at its height!!

i saw a copper swift d in the other workshop which has taken this hit, the chassis on either side are aok bit the front demolished along with the engine!!

and bloody parts are all marked as FGP (i read it as Fiat Genuine part) so will be exorbitant also !!
Just for more info, I googled FGP and looks like it means "Fiat-GM Powertrain"
Source: Teconomic - Financial Business Solution Provider - Fiat-GM Powertrain
Old 9th December 2007, 22:50   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yup the design is same I am worried about the naked front which will expose the radiator n stuff to slightest of impact
I fear that the existing bars will snap in event of an impact and pierce the radiator / condenser through and through.

How about trying to retrofit another beam like for example the one from the Palio:

Could be a bad idea to mess with the chassis but try from any other car to strengthen it up.
Old 10th December 2007, 10:06   #67
Team-BHP Support

this i will have to live with since the bumper doesnt allow any such mods, absolutely no space inside.
Old 10th December 2007, 16:28   #68

rear seat comfort

How do I improve rear seat comfort of my swift ZXI which has done 38000,and has PIRELLI p5000 supersport p 195/60/r14 85t MS,
Old 10th December 2007, 20:12   #69
Senior - BHPian

Drop the tyre pressure by 2 psi at the back. It wont improve the seat comfort per se, but it improves the ride and your passangers will be more comfortable.
Old 11th December 2007, 13:11   #70
BHPian

I always make it a point to clear of all the valuables and belongings from the car before giving it for service . I always also have the fuel line carefully marked out to prevent any squabbles later on .
BTW jaggu why is the service light going off before crank important ? Mine sure does not and I was unable to convince the service guy that is should go off before crank !!
Old 11th December 2007, 13:22   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
I always make it a point to clear of all the valuables and belongings from the car before giving it for service . I always also have the fuel line carefully marked out to prevent any squabbles later on .
I do it also, this time didnt do it since it was supposed to be a quickie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
BTW jaggu why is the service light going off before crank important ? Mine sure does not and I was unable to convince the service guy that is should go off before crank !!
When an error code is registered, the service light will stay ON till you crank, ie one or more error code was registered by the system. So if further error codes are thrown in afterwards, one cannot notice the same through the light.

Hence clear off error code using Tech 2 (after fixing the issue), then on service light will switch off on cranking, and if anything new pops up it will stay ON till cranked. Further if something is really wrong will keep glowing even if the engine is running.

Basically the system keeps a tab of all error codes till its cleared manually using Tech 2. In my case it showed 4 times the radiator fan error code, since i would have idled the car 4 times with AC on and a blown AC radiator fuse.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th December 2007 at 13:27. Reason: offffffff
Old 11th December 2007, 14:16   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Drop the tyre pressure by 2 psi at the back. It wont improve the seat comfort per se, but it improves the ride and your passangers will be more comfortable.
Thanks for the suggestion. Can I change the shocks, if yes to which one.

Last edited by F50 : 1st April 2008 at 11:59.
Old 11th December 2007, 14:30   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I do it also, this time didnt do it since it was supposed to be a quickie
Even quickies require that you have adequate protection.

That aside, the Ford dealer where i take my car asks me to clear out any valuables from the car. I once had the coin box emptied out by some of these guys,and on another occassion a special rosary was flicked. I didnt want to make a fuss of it, and so left it at that. Decided to be careful the next time onwards.
Old 12th December 2007, 00:09   #74
BHPian

Hi,
I am facing a problem with swift,the front power windows abruptly stops working and after sometime,it's functional again,today it happened twice.The power window stopped working,I turned off the ignition and turned it on again,it worked,again after some time it stopped.But now it's working fine.What could be the reason for it.
There is another problem,rear right side door can't be open from inside,it works fine from outside,but from inside it's npt working,,any clue how to fix it!
Cheers!
Old 12th December 2007, 01:15   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Check the "child lock" switch --- it will be visible somewhere near the locking mechanism on the edge of the open door.

Having never used it, that's the best description I can give. Its one of those things one tends not to think of.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks