Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 09:24   #46
NIP
Senior - BHPian

installed a kenwood 4036 with USB + Aux-in. JBL GTO8627 (5x7 coax) in stock location in front doors...sounds just brilliant have a JVC amp and pio sub - will install when i find the time. here's some pics:

Last edited by NIP : 5th December 2007 at 09:27.
Old 5th December 2007, 11:03   #47
BHPian

Simple and effective ICE setup. I am also looking for something similar for my Ikon.

Btw, Where did you get your ICE installation done?
Thanks
-Vaspro
Old 5th December 2007, 14:31   #48
NIP
Senior - BHPian

car decor (Mr.Sanjay) opposite Garuda showroom near MTR (ex-chevy currently maruti). its a huge shop with 4-car parking within. very decent prices and decent chaps. the HU + speakers cost me 11k with B&W.
Old 5th December 2007, 14:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
installed a kenwood 4036 with USB + Aux-in. JBL GTO8627 (5x7 coax)
Very nice HU. BTW is that HP-IPAQ or Blackberry in dash pocket. Just curious as I am planning to buy one of these.

So when are we getting latest update on the car?
Old 5th December 2007, 14:54   #50
BHPian

what made u buy fusion at this time ??
did u consider any other car and what were ur requirements and are u a ford fan ?
Old 5th December 2007, 16:17   #51
NIP
Senior - BHPian

@rkbharat - nope thats a Nokia E61. Pretty decent for the price (16k) and has even wi-fi. check it out before you get those other two you've mentioned. VFM !

@inferno - read thru my previous posts and you'll know why i decided on the fusion. other cars considered were fiesta, verna and SX4. and no, i'm no ford 'fan'. but this my the first ford car...and the experience has been pretty good so far
Old 5th December 2007, 21:20   #52
BHPian

@inferno: What's wrong with Fusion? why did you ask that question, can you explain the reason behind it?

-Vaspro
Old 5th December 2007, 23:24   #53
Sss

Hi Nip, I was following your thread for the kind of ICE you were planning to install. You seem to have had a clean install with speakers in stock locations. Just wanted to know if you installed JBL8627's in the rear also?

I am planning on similar ICE setup, would decide after listening to a few HU's coupled with those JBL 8627's. BTW I bought a used 2006 Fusion Petrol today.
Cheers
Old 6th December 2007, 09:44   #54
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Sss...congrats on your Fusion ! here's wishing you many happy motoring times ! please do post pics

about ICE...i have speakers (JBL8627) only in the front for now. sounds really good and clean.

what i plan to do is move the these speakers to the rear doors, and install components in the front. i already have an amp and sub lying with me that i plan to add with that.

Last edited by NIP : 6th December 2007 at 09:45.
Old 6th December 2007, 20:03   #55
BHPian

Congrats..

Hi Nip,
Congrats buddy...you have got an excellent vehicle.

To elaborate further, I had taken my friends Fusion TDCI to Kerala 3 weeks back. It was a 1500 kms journey (up and down combined) from Bangalore. I was the only one to drive. I had to drive 700kms without break (except for minor tea/coffee stops) as we had to attend one of our friends marriage. The road condition was decent but it was 50% ghats and another 25% within busy highway roads(between villages and small towns) where gear shifts were mainly between 2/3 and rarely 4. It took us 16.5 hours to cover this distance and believe me, if it was not for the Fusion I couldnt have done it non-stop.
Its a terrific vehicle. Its extremely fatigue free to drive long distances. Its infact a joy to drive. The mileage we got was 18kmpl with A/C on 80-90% of the journey (Kerala is really really humid at that time).

The return journey was a different experience...this time we took another road back to Bangalore. This time there were very little ghat section. The road was pretty much a flat highway, a single road for both side vehicles (no road dividers). But the road was mostly busy and with a lot of pot holes. Again it was the Fusion which almost glided over the potholes and highway manouvering was just amazing. May be its 15" tyres along with high-sitting geometry and a great suspension together does it all.
The stability was amazing so was the refinement.

If I have to point out its weaknesses...it would be the brakes which are good but not great going by today's standards. I feel ABS should atleast be an option for the Fusion TDCI.
Occasionally I also felt the need to change gears while overtaking (short gearing could be the reason) but that was not a big concern.

About the size of the car...its a much bigger car than our sedans. Unfortunately it doesnt have an external boot even though it has a huge bootspace thats all it takes to compare it with a small car..
Old 7th December 2007, 16:06   #56
NIP
Senior - BHPian

nice to read your experience there pani i'm dying to take my car on a long trip. and yes...i do agree the car needs ABS. i dont understand how ford cannot give us an option when the previous models had it (fusion+ ?). hope i'll never get into a situation where i'll feel the need for it. touch wood.

btw...no pics from the trip ? please do post if you have any...
Old 7th December 2007, 16:29   #57
NIP
Senior - BHPian

ok time for a report. never really posted a report on the new car, but now its completed the first service at 1200kms.

service experience: i was really apprehensive about metro ford after all the stories on tbhp, but since cauvery ford is 30kms away from where i live, i thought i'd give it a shot. especially since the first service is mostly a wash and check job. anyways, the service engineer was a friendly chap and the whole service experience was a pleasure. got the car back the same evening, though he told me i'd get it back only the next day. i made a fuss about leaving the car overnight at the service station.

i was surprised when the service engineer told me the oil change was only at 10,000kms (3rd service). i'm really thinking of doing this at the next service at 5,000kms (2nd service). dont you guys think it makes sense !?

one thing about the fusion. a problem if you will. availability of spare parts. there was a rubber piece (plug) missing from the front door and the mechanism to release the rear seat (lever?) was stuck. the rubber was available, but the seat mechanism was defective and the part had to be ordered. its going to take 15 days for it to arrive ! dont really know what to make of this, but since its not a regular wear and tear part (like indicators, bulbs, bumpers etc.), i did not want to argue. also, the rubber plug was missing from day one, but i was billed Rs.47 for it. did not have the time to argue as it was a saturday evening and i had things to do

after service experience: its been smooth sailing all the way and the same 17kms in the city to the litre of diesel ! i've not yet taken the car on the highway, but will do soon. city driving is really good and effortless.

driving the fusion is really a pleasure, and the engine is really superb. in gear, theres no sound heard from the engine at all. only irritant is that its a little sluggish in the 2nd gear, and needs the revs to reach 1800 to surge ahead. the gears also appear to be a little notchy with a 'click' sound when you engage, but i'm hoping it'll get smoother over the months. anyway, i still prefer this to the 'rubbery' feel of some gearboxes.

overall, i'm glad i got this car instead of the other options i checked out. hoping to see many years of happy driving ahead.

mods: can you please edit the title to 'My Ford Fusion 1.4 TDCi Diesel (First Service 1200kms done)'. thanks.

Last edited by NIP : 7th December 2007 at 16:36.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:38   #58
BHPian

@ NIP : Congrat for the excellent vehicle. Even i also like it's diff look and tall height.
I have some query about your ICE. As i am planning to buy the same HU for my santro with 2 pair of coax (front and rear). So can you please check if ther is any option where i can select the different volume level at the same time (like 10 for front speakers and 15 for rear speakers ) ?

thanks.
Old 8th December 2007, 17:41   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhi_des View Post
I have some query about your ICE. As i am planning to buy the same HU for my santro with 2 pair of coax (front and rear). So can you please check if ther is any option where i can select the different volume level at the same time (like 10 for front speakers and 15 for rear speakers ) ?
I dont think you can do that. Why not just fade to rear speakers (R2 or R3). That will give less output to front and more to rear.
Old 11th December 2007, 09:52   #60
NIP
Senior - BHPian

*bump* mods i need a title update. request on post #58. thanks.

Most Viewed