Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2007, 09:54   #61
BHPian

Congrats

hi NIP,
congrats on your purchase,i too got myself a white Ford fusion TDCi here in chennai from MPL ford on sept 11th,Took the white because the dealer offered immediate delivery and also due to a lot of pressure from my dad.Got no discounts or freebies with vehicle, came to 7.37 on road.
Did not use the vehicle for the first month due to a freak accident(not involving the car ).
No regrets with the vehicle so far or with the service,have done 4k kms now,first and second service over.
My ICE is polk audio momo 5x7 speakers for all four doors with a pioneer DEH 710 unit, no sub or amp...
Old 19th December 2007, 12:32   #62
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjax View Post
hi NIP,
congrats on your purchase,i too got myself a white Ford fusion TDCi here in chennai ....
hey congrats man ! believe me, white is THE colour to own in the Fusion. the colour is quite rare, and the black claddings on the sides and the front bumper really stand out to give it a butch look. i especially like the new front bumper design with the grill flowing down to the bumper. stands out in the white.

please do post pictures of your car (dont ignore this!) and post an ownership experience asap. cheers and happy motring

Last edited by NIP : 19th December 2007 at 12:36.
Old 7th February 2008, 07:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

hey NIP, any thought of installing the Pete's in your Fusion ???
Old 7th February 2008, 11:21   #64
NIP
Senior - BHPian

yes the thought keeps haunting my mind but i have a whole list of other things planned before that. ICE upgrades, leather seats, alloys...then petes ! all in good time and when the budget permits.
Old 7th February 2008, 11:47   #65
Senior - BHPian

Good choice and congrats. Although many people (and even me) feel that it is slightly overpriced. It depends on the individuals though. There are a very few people in this forum who own a Ford Fusion TDCi. BTW, how is the performance. Do post some pics.
Old 7th February 2008, 15:32   #66

Upgrades

ICE: Fitted a pioneer Head Unit with Aux-in and USB, since i listen to podcasts, plus the usual MP3/CD player. The dealer suggested 6"x9" JBL speakers for rear, and component speakers from audio dynamics for the front. The sound is great. He fitted an internal Electronic antenna, but hear a lot of noise while playing radio. Wondering why it is so.
Ford standard size for rear speakers is 5x7, but this dealer insisted that he has fitted 6x9 for rear previously. So i let him do so. Later when he started working, i saw that he had bent the sheet metal of the car around the speaker fitment area just to get the adaptor in place. Got really mad at this, but could not do much, since the damage was already done.
I now realized that most of them push smuggled brands like pioneer, and then try to palm off standard size speakers like 6" or 6x9, since the cost of these speakers is much less than non standard size like 5x7. Well, anyway, as of now, but for the signal noise while playing radio, the sound system performance is pretty good.

Other upgrades: Ford says that the KN filter will not improve performance. However, in my old Santro, it made a certain improvement of about 10% in power and mileage. I'm not sure how well it works for diesels.

About the Petes' box, I'm just wondering if it would result in some extra impact to the cams and bearings. Besides i've taken a 3 year warranty from Ford. But some time later i may go in for it. But for those interested on performance improvement here is a technical article on a great website : TDI FAQ

For those interested in how to break into a new engine (especially diesel) go to this link :
TheDieselStop.Com - www.thedieselstop.com

btw, mine is a ZXI model

Cheers
Old 8th February 2008, 08:05   #67
NIP
Senior - BHPian

dhiramos...are you talking about a fusion or fiesta here ?! afaik, theres no 'zxi' or any other variants in the fusion. theres a petrol and diesel, period.
Old 11th February 2008, 17:45   #68

Apologies for posting in the wrong thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
dhiramos...are you talking about a fusion or fiesta here ?! afaik, theres no 'zxi' or any other variants in the fusion. theres a petrol and diesel, period.
Hi NIP,
You're right. sorry. i posted to the wrong forum. My apologies.
I was trying to post into my thread which is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/35176-my-new-fiesta-tdci-some-other-test-drives.html
Somehow, i got it wrong.

Cheers
Old 13th February 2008, 22:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

hey NIP , ninjax's fusion tdci costs 7.37 on road..
But yours costed 7.75 onroad..

hows that ?? 40k's difference??
Old 14th February 2008, 08:15   #70
NIP
Senior - BHPian

undead...no idea on the price front. maybe the insurance, life tax etc. difference in chennai.
Old 14th February 2008, 09:52   #71
Senior - BHPian

Yeah there is a painful difference in taxes in Karnataka. One of the highest nationwide. Kerala, TN extra are lower buy about 30k+
Old 14th February 2008, 11:57   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Yeah there is a painful difference in taxes in Karnataka. One of the highest nationwide. Kerala, TN extra are lower buy about 30k+
Slightly off-topic
Just to quote a simple example to highlight this point.

Car :Alto Lxi
Road Tax in Kerala : 17,XXX/-
Road Tax in Bangalore : 32,XXX/-

So, as you can see, almost Double !!
Old 14th February 2008, 12:05   #73
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

The Road tax in Kerala is 6% of invoice cost + Rs 100 as cess for Road safety fund.
Old 18th February 2008, 12:34   #74

Query for you NIP :

My dad is looking for a new car - he's selling off his old and trusted Indica DLS because of his back problem. He's been having a lot of problems with his slip disc for the last three years and being 4 years old, Indica isn't very comfortable in this department. I have recommended Getz or Fusion D because both are great cars. So what I'd like to know is :

How would you rate the suspension of Ford Fusion Diesel. And ride quality?

Also how would you rate the seat comfort and the position? Out of 10 points, if you please.
Old 18th February 2008, 21:51   #75
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Ride Quality:
Getz: 8
Fusion: 7

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks