Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 14:19   #1606
BHPian

re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP

Absolutely stunning! One of the best cars to ever come from Maruti Suzuki, also one of the most desirable crossovers with real 4x4 capabilities and endurance.

Is it the 4 cylinder or the 6 cylinder?
mohitchalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 14:29   #1607
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitchalla View Post
Is it the 4 cylinder or the 6 cylinder?
It is 4 cylinder. The earlier generation Grand Vitara XL7 had a V6 engine.

I have owned three V6 cars in my younger days, but those V6 engines are history, just like my youth.
Samurai is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 21:12   #1608
BHPian

Wow...somehow good clean examples of Old time cars brings in the desire to own & enjoy them one last time before Automotive world go all Electric. a true 4x4 SUV like yours could be my next target whenever my wallet permits. Congratulations for keeping it in Top shape. Hope to read about the 200k & 300k reviews in future.
Strider24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 22:51   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

I have owned three V6 cars in my younger days, but those V6 engines are history, just like my youth.

Firstly, many congratulation on the 1.5L milestone. GV looks absolutely stunning & clean.

Mine is hovering around 1.4 Lac as of now. Had to send it out to Assam due to NGT issues, but still runs smooth. The current crop of C-SUVs pale in comparison to the overall usefulness of the GV.

Wishing you many more miles with this wonderful asset.
prateekswarup is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 10:25   #1610
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
True, that is the main reason why we decided to stick with it. It design is timeless, car is super reliable and the 70 profile tyre is impossible to find among modern SUVs. The SUVs are supposed to handle bad roads without a sweat, and they are taking away that ability by installing 17-18 inch wheels with low profile tyres.
Seriously, this is something which I need and want in my next SUV, but, manufacturers are thinking otherwise.

They are increasing the tire size, lowering the aspect ratio and keep on increasing the price along with associated headache of DPF & ethanol. I don't want any gadgets / features / sunroof / purifier. Please give me a nice handling & riding SUV with low range GB, diff lock and good AC which can cruise at 120kmph for hours.

Your SUV is good to go for next 5 years at the bare minimum . Hope I get to sample it .
Sheel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 17:10   #1611
BHPian

Wow! What a car, and what a samurai indeed to have maintained it war ready!! This surely is an inspiration for me to keep my V maintained hopefully for similar miles like this Jap baby!
Kudos for this delight. There's something about the design language and the way these vehicles performed which can't be matched with this generation of cars...
pineapple_ameet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 14:17   #1612
BHPian

Guys I got an Unplug Brand Andoid V10, 4GB/64GB System installed in my Grand Vitara 2.4. It has Wired and Wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay through the Z-Link App.

We could source a proper 9" frame for the Grand Vitara, offcourse it protrudes out of the panel but looks neat with the Frame with no gaps.

You can see more details and Pics in the Android Head Unit thread here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post5209304 (The Android Head-Unit buying guide)

Styler

Last edited by Styler : 5th December 2021 at 14:19.
Styler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 18:20   #1613
BHPian

Hello All,

Some folks from team-bhp messaged me to ask if I was selling the Grand Vitara 2.0L since I have acquired the Grand Vitara 2.4 now. I have to eventually give off the old Grand Vitara before it completes 15 years in Nov 2022. I had offered it in our Delhi-NCR group. A member of our group instantly offered to buy it and paid an advance. He will be taking it to Kerala in February 2022 when he will come to Delhi to give an exam. He is a doctor from AIIMS who has a Grand Vitara which he took to Kerala when he shifted back a year ago. The current Grand Vitara that he owns was bought from a dealer and is not in a very good state. He will sell that off and use the one he takes from me.

Meanwhile I am on the job to get all the small niggles in the just acquired Grand Vitara 2.4.

1. The fuel gauge is a little erratic. I have posted the issue in Vigsom's thread here (Suzuki Grand Vitara | Solving a weird fuel gauge issue). If somebody has faced this issue I would be grateful to get any advice.

2. After my Meter was removed, cleaned and fixed back to fix the ticking sound problem, there are a couple of small niggles in the Instrument panel. The Right Indicator light inside the meters will glow sometimes and then suddenly stop. All indicator lights outside are working perfectly when using indicators or hazard light switch. I hear the tick-tick sound of the Flasher relay, and just the right indicator light inside the instrument panel will flash sometimes and then stop. I thought I should replace the Flasher Relay and see first, but my electrician is totally confident that it cannot be the Flasher as all the indicator bulbs are working. I've noticed the troublesome indicator bulb in the meter works in the morning if I turn the hazard switch on, or use the indicator. It will go off after a few minutes of driving.

Also sometimes I see the High beam light in the Instrument Panel glow very lightly when everything is turned off, even when the key is removed. It goes off on it's own. It is barely visible in the day but in the dark one can see it. I don't think it is draining much battery so I am not bothered.

Both the issues seem to be related to the Instrument Panel, but they are not critical so I am not too concerned. It's just that they are at the back of my mind and I will attack to fix them one of these days.

The only think that I have tried till now is that I removed the Instrument Panel Coupler and re-fixed it back. That did not fix the Right Indicator light issue.
In the meantime I found this video of this guy who totally took apart the Instrument Panel of the Grand Vitara. I am just building up courage to do this.

It seems there are no bulbs, only LEDs soldered on the PCB. I don't think the LED has failed as it starts to work randomly sometimes.

Last edited by Styler : 15th December 2021 at 18:29.
Styler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 17:51   #1614
Team-BHP Support

Today in Shirady Ghat, the Grand Vitara in its natural habitat. 150K and 14 years not withstanding...

As the GPS speedo shows, I was not fast, video is in 4x speed to shorten the duration.

Last edited by Samurai : 19th February 2022 at 17:54.
Samurai is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 14:38   #1615
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this lovely dual color 4x4 on Kanakapura road today:

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-img_5051.jpg

And just ahead of it was the imposter - the Vitara brezza, in same color combiation. The brezza made the already lovely Vitara look even more beautiful !
condor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 14:41   #1616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Spotted this lovely dual color 4x4 on Kanakapura road today:
If I'm not wrong, this belongs to a BHPian here.
Old 5th March 2022, 19:57   #1617
BHPian

Hello All,

Thankfully most of the issues in my Grand Vitara 2.4L are sorted out.

One problem that I have currently is as follows:

Randomly once or twice a week while starting the car, it wont crank but a click sound will come and the Engine Check light will come on.
When I connect the OBD2 to see the error it says :
Error P0335
Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit

Has anybody faced this issue in the Grand Vitara 2.4L ?
If I take out the key and put it back in it starts normally and runs normally.
After some days randomly the error will come again.

The engine check lite goes off on it's own after the car is left standing for some time, or I can clear the error through the OBD2 also.

Yesterday I took the Grand Vitara to Motorcraft and they just removed the wiring coupler blew air into it and re-fixed it. This did not fix the problem as it happened again today.
I have told the Supervisor there to look for the Crankshaft Position Sensor Part No, and we will order it now.
Apparently it's a complicated task to remove the Crankshaft Sensor.

Any suggestions ?

Styler
Attached Thumbnails
The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-vitaraerror.jpeg  

Last edited by Styler : 5th March 2022 at 19:59.
Old 5th March 2022, 20:18   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Error P0335
Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit
DTC details for P0335 for J24B, diagnosis and troubleshooting:

Name:  Screenshot 20220305 201550.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  138.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20220305 201613.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  46.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20220305 201638.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  111.4 KB

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: most likely it's the sensor or the plate.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 18:49   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
DTC details for P0335 for J24B, diagnosis and troubleshooting:

PS: most likely it's the sensor or the plate.
Thanks a lot Shashi ji
You have been the greatest support for so many years, right from the time I bought the Grand Vitara 2.0L

The Workshop also feels that we need to replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor.

Would there be a way to find the exact part no of what we need to order ?

Styler
Old 6th March 2022, 19:36   #1620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Thanks a lot Shashi ji
You have been the greatest support for so many years, right from the time I bought the Grand Vitara 2.0L

The Workshop also feels that we need to replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor.

Would there be a way to find the exact part no of what we need to order ?

Styler
33220-63J00

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks