Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2007, 12:32   #166
Team-BHP Support

Samu the FE you are getting are pretty decent. With good highway stretches you should stretch it by another 2 kmpl which is fine for a big car.
Old 21st December 2007, 22:40   #167
BHPian

I was looking for this particular thread!

The GV's looks grow on me everyday! There are one or two of them near my office and i see them every now them. Very muscular yet smooth looks. Not butch at all!

BTW i keep spotting a XL7 V6 at Nizamuddin bridge in Delhi! Good looking it too!

Elito
Old 27th December 2007, 13:27   #168
BHPian

It is this thread that made me look at the grand vitara when i was deciding to buy a new car.Samurai, your pics are awesome and make the GV look really good.
I was about to go for the GV but I have gone in for the CR-V manual.I hope to start a thread like this soon on my premium white pearl honda CR-V.
Old 18th February 2008, 00:18   #169
Senior - BHPian

What an amazing review samurai ... i never noticed the review before, i was actually going to pm you reminding you to post a review and then i used one of team bhp's least used function (the search function ) and ended up with this.

Of late my mom has developed a fancy for the gv. Had a couple of question about the suv.
How does it feel on road ? (the suspension)
Does it feel like a really big car to drive (The innova though humongous doesnt feel like a big car)
Can u please post an update on your review especially the FE ??
How expensive are the spare parts ???

Amazing pictures and yea the suv looks really handsome in white ...
Old 18th February 2008, 07:43   #170
Team-BHP Support

Thanks cooldude1988765,

Look at the Team-BHP official review to get average user review:

http://www.team-bhp.com/web/index.ph...displaylisting

I am in the 4th month of ownership, never needed any spare parts until now. The consumables like oil, etc., it uses the same ones as SX4.

I get city FE between 8.2-8.5 and highway FE between 10.5-11.2 on different runs. But I live in a place with very bad roads and 2-lane highways. I have never driven it on 4-lane highways, which could improve the FE. It is a sedate SUV, any attempt to gun it for more torque can affect FE.

The suspension is superb at higher speeds, you won't notice any bumps. At lower speeds you can feel them, but it takes the edge off all the bumps, keeps it smoother. It is very easy to drive in the cities, doesn't feel big at all.

Check the following thread to see the off-road activities I do with my GV.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...nd-vitara.html

Last edited by Samurai : 18th February 2008 at 07:52.
Old 18th February 2008, 08:05   #171
Senior - BHPian

Surprising that the gv gives u such amazing FE. My mom drives a wagonR and gets only about 9kmpl. (she guns the engine in every gear pedal to metal driving) so the gv would probably be around 6 and since its going to be my moms car i doubt if it will ever go off road...
Old 18th February 2008, 11:58   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Surprising that the gv gives u such amazing FE. My mom drives a wagonR and gets only about 9kmpl. (she guns the engine in every gear pedal to metal driving) so the gv would probably be around 6 and since its going to be my moms car i doubt if it will ever go off road...
Does she drive here in Bangalore?
Which area?

-- Torqy
Old 19th February 2008, 10:47   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Does she drive here in Bangalore?
Which area?

-- Torqy
In hyderabad ...
And suprisingly nothing has happened so far in the last 20 years of her driving. So cant really complain also ....
Old 30th April 2008, 00:51   #174
Team-BHP Support

Today, just 4 days shy of six months ownership, GV clocked 5000Kms. That happened while driving to the service center for second service.

My wish list for the service:
1) Second service (free)
2) Wheel rotation (part of free service)

Additional stuff:
3) Wheel alignment, wheel balancing. (wanted to do it after all the off-roading)
4) Fixing the bent rear license plate (thanks to birthday offroading)
5) Check all tyres for punctures, I was sure Fr-Left tyre had a nail.
6) Fix loose mudflaps (thanks to offroading)
7) Custom skid plate service (check all plates for broken/loose nuts or other damage)
8) Fix stains on the body panel thanks to limey water dripping from the office roof.

Also, kick started the design change of the custom skid plates, that will take some time.

The puncture turned out to be on the sidewall, so that is not good, the seal may not hold that well. They actually called in the tyre dealer to come and fix it to be sure.

At the end of the day, the bill came to Rs.636 total. Not bad.

I have been continously updating my GV driving experience in other threads, therefore there is no point in repeating it. So far it has been a great experience. Not a single niggle or issue faced so far in 6 months of ownership and rough use.

Now that's a SUV.
Old 30th April 2008, 01:00   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The puncture turned out to be on the sidewall, so that is not good, the seal may not hold that well. They actually called in the tyre dealer to come and fix it to be sure.
Can you post some pictures? If it is indeed on the sidewall then it is time to either get that tyre repaired & shifted on to the spare or time for a new tyre.

Sidewall punctures are highly dangerous, do not take them lightly.
Old 30th April 2008, 07:22   #176
Team-BHP Support

It was night when I picked the vehicle. Besides, they have rotated the wheels, so I am not sure which one it is now. I'll try seeing, tough if it is on the inner side.
Old 30th April 2008, 08:55   #177
Senior - BHPian

Samurai,

I was told by a tyre dealer that sidewall punctures in a tubeless tyre cant be repaired.... and I need to fix a tube in the tyre..

Curious to know how the puncture was repaired in your case..
Old 30th April 2008, 09:21   #178
Team-BHP Support

Samu: Sidewall puncture aint good for highway drives, ensure your find the tyre and mark it, so that you can keep it as spair on highway hauls.
Old 30th April 2008, 12:15   #179
Team-BHP Support

I casually went aorund to check it out, I couldn't make out which tyre anymore. Anyway, if it is still leaking, I'll know pretty soon. Then I will move it to spare.

The big problem is I can't replace one tyre since this size (225/70R16) is not available in India. If I upgrade to a popular size (say 235/70R16) then I have to replace all 5 tyres, can't even have a wrong size spare since it is an all-time 4x4. If I replace, there is no taker for my old tyres since nobody wants that size.
Old 30th April 2008, 12:37   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Samurai,

I was told by a tyre dealer that sidewall punctures in a tubeless tyre cant be repaired.... and I need to fix a tube in the tyre..

Curious to know how the puncture was repaired in your case..
It can be repaired by applying a rubber patch but by doing that the tyre becomes permanently deformed & not fit for use for long durations. Also, the deformation means that the tyre has a permanent imbalance which leads to constant steering shake at speeds above 60-80 kmph.

Most Viewed