Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2007, 15:03   #61
BHPian

Congrats man!!!!Excellent photography...especially the last one with the sun set...I can feel your excitement and passion about GV through your writeup and photographs.....
Old 5th November 2007, 16:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Thats using the remote to lock and unlock the car, without having to use the key.
Then my Alto has it...I had never put in the keys to open or close except once (the day I bought it, next day it was auto-coped )

Whats the big deal then?

Abhi
Old 5th November 2007, 16:09   #63
BHPian

super pics, nice color..enjoy the ride..congratulations!!
Old 5th November 2007, 16:30   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Then my Alto has it...I had never put in the keys to open or close except once (the day I bought it, next day it was auto-coped )
Correction, your autocop has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Whats the big deal then?
Exactly, I am not sure why this is being hotly debated over so many posts. I only mentioned it because the last time I had remote keyless entry, it didn't lock back automatically, used to concern me whenever I see my son play with the remote.

sbasak, you have to actually press the remote button, it is not remote sensing you presence.

Last edited by Samurai : 5th November 2007 at 16:32.
Old 5th November 2007, 16:44   #65
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation Samurai for buying GV. I have been following your quest for SUV from Gurkha thread as well. Good to know that you found what you were looking for.
Old 5th November 2007, 16:53   #66
BHPian

Excellent writeup and pics there Samurai... Congratulations on your new ride ,Looks mean
Old 5th November 2007, 17:03   #67
BHPian

Congrats Samurai ..and a very nice report taking us to country side..I am sure this is the start of more wonderful offroading posts and photographs..
White looke fantastic..btw, what seat covers are those..looks nice.
Old 5th November 2007, 17:06   #68
BHPian

Congratulations Samu San. Heres wishing you many happy off roading sessions ahead. Ready for next years Raid ?
Old 5th November 2007, 17:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Great Sunset Picture

Hai Samurai,

I've followed Grand Vitara closely on all webposts, your link on the smell gave lots more juice and the discussion you sparked off is very detailed. Great work and useful for reference.

The Sunset Picture is a rocker......

Have Fun,

--Ramky
==============
Old 5th November 2007, 17:45   #70
Team-BHP Support

The seat covers are just artificial leather, we only picked the colour. The installation is very good, the seat covers came from Bangalore.

The free accessories I got were reverse sensors with digital display, Llumar sunfilm, floor mats and mud flaps. Those black dots on the rear bumper are the sensors.

On the suspension front, I am not sure why Grand Vitara received so much rap in many test drives. I found it quite comfortable, in fact my wife told me today not to go over every pot hole I see, we are not test driving anymore, it is okay to miss some. In other words, I am comfortable enough to test every pothole I see. One major problem though, I keep getting stuck behind cars that are negotiating the pot holes.
Old 5th November 2007, 17:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

Samurai, congrats on the new arrival!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
One major problem though, I keep getting stuck behind cars that are negotiating the pot holes.
Welcome to my nightmare - an everyday occurence
Old 5th November 2007, 18:26   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The seat covers are just artificial leather, we only picked the colour. The installation is very good, the seat covers came from Bangalore.

The free accessories I got were reverse sensors with digital display, Llumar sunfilm, floor mats and mud flaps. Those black dots on the rear bumper are the sensors.

On the suspension front, I am not sure why Grand Vitara received so much rap in many test drives. I found it quite comfortable, in fact my wife told me today not to go over every pot hole I see, we are not test driving anymore, it is okay to miss some. In other words, I am comfortable enough to test every pothole I see. One major problem though, I keep getting stuck behind cars that are negotiating the pot holes.

Congrats Samurai and you really have a strong heart to subject your brand new 16 lacks SUV to such roads on day 1.

Your feedback on suspensions is encouraging. Even I was surpized to hear the common criticism regarding stiff and bouncy ride. I did not find it that way.

I am wating for your opinion on gear shift quality of the MT, the FE and engine power (not outright power, but the torque and pick up when it matters in our day to day life), and the engine noise (if any. This is another much talked about issue with the 2.0L engine, though I don't recollect if it was that bothering during my TD).

And thanks for those fantasic snaps.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 5th November 2007 at 18:28.
Old 5th November 2007, 18:34   #73
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. Your photos are really great.

After reading the auto magazine reviews, I thought that this vehicle should actually be named Grand Khataara. It took too much of beating on the engine and the suspension front from the magazines. Good to see that your initial impressions seem to suggest otherwise. Enjoy your ride.

PS: Kindly suggest some good tips/sites for photography. My new S3IS is idle for no good reason...
Old 5th November 2007, 19:40   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Congrats Samurai and you really have a strong heart to subject your brand new 16 lacks SUV to such roads on day 1.
All the more reason to fully exploit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I am wating for your opinion on gear shift quality of the MT, the FE and engine power (not outright power, but the torque and pick up when it matters in our day to day life), and the engine noise
I already answered the gearshift issue in post 39. The power is adequate, nothing to write home about, but nothing to cry about either. The engine noise can be only heard when you are too slow for that gear (just before knocking) or if you are above 4000rpm. Otherwise it is very quiet. Regarding FE, I am yet to fill up the tank. I'll start counting once I do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
After reading the auto magazine reviews, I thought that this vehicle should actually be named Grand Khataara.
Trust me, I had repeatedly discarded GV after reading such reviews. I still can't understand why it received such a bad review.
Old 5th November 2007, 21:41   #75
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Samurai. Slick looking ride there. You might want to invest in some kind of car-bra to prevent scratches and stone chips when you go off road...then you can have your cake and eat it too!

Most Viewed