Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2015, 21:54   #736
BHPian

re: The First Grand Vitara Ownership on Team-BHP [100000 KMs & 8 Years]

Mumbai market is pathetic for Vitara, all cars are either badly maintained with no or improper service records or are fitted with CNG kits. Delhi NCR market has better and few genuine options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkbuster View Post
In Mumbai the price ranges from 2.75 to 5 for 2007 - 2008 versions. Sachin told me he sold his GV for 4.25. There was one 2010 GV MT with 30k odo which went for 6.25.
========
So finally after searching for a month and half, found one on OLX. The price quoted was 3.25. He was not willing to negotiate much so concluded the deal at 3.2 and bought it immediately after getting it checked from Vitesse. Worth every penny (and some more) I say.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th October 2018 at 09:43. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
oxymoron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 22:56   #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
Mumbai market is pathetic for Vitara, all cars are either badly maintained with no or improper service records or are fitted with CNG kits. Delhi NCR market has better and few genuine options.
True. Out of 11 cars I saw, almost half of them had CNG fitted and barely 3 had any service records. But still with some luck and lots of patience you might be able to find some real gems. Surprisingly, there are a good number of GVs in this city.
Old 30th August 2015, 19:51   #738
Senior - BHPian

I sold my car to get a GV and now i am not able to find a GV at all in Mumbai. I had seen one a few months back, but that was a CNGd one. Today i saw one but it was not great at all. I dont see any online ads for GVs in Mumbai. And to make matters worse, while coming back, i saw 3 GVs passing by

Lots of decent looking ones up north but buying those would mean paying the hefty road tax and octroi to get it registered here in mumbai which is not something i can do. I am not sure if i would get one soon. If anyone sees anything interesting then please do share.
Old 9th September 2015, 18:51   #739
BHPian

We went for our first offroading with an AT & a MT.

This is the link to the report:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...-white-mt.html

And a preview:
The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-003-lakeside-3compressed.jpgThe First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-015-gv-discovered-its-first-potholecompressed.jpg
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 08:17   #740
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need some help. I am getting a few good GVs from up north however it seems that the road tax rate in MH for imported cars in much higher than the usual and i am not able to go ahead with any of those.

Is this true for all states. Has anyone purchased an out of state GV and registered it in their state. What are the hassles faced? Would be great if you could share some info regarding the same.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 10th September 2015, 08:46   #741
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread has lots of answers
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22662
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 19:13   #742
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I broke my LHS outside rear view mirror. I inquired with MASS and they are quoting around Rs. 9k for a new one. Can anyone suggest me a cheaper option. Thanks in advance.
Old 12th September 2015, 06:09   #743
Distinguished - BHPian

Got mine replaced last month for similar. In my case entire housing had broken due to an idiot car guy driving on wrong side shoulder while I was stuck in a jam. Thankful he did not cause any other damage.
The assembly cover will also need to be painted to match your vehicle.
On the other hand is it only the mirror which is broken? You can get jugaad repair done by pulling out the mirror holder from the assembly, getting a local mirror cut and fixed. And then snap fit back the mirror holder into assembly.
Old 12th September 2015, 10:26   #744
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
On the other hand is it only the mirror which is broken? You can get jugaad repair done by pulling out the mirror holder from the assembly, getting a local mirror cut and fixed. And then snap fit back the mirror holder into assembly.
In my case, only the mirror got broke. So I got the mirror replacement at ₹2200 at MASS.
Old 12th September 2015, 14:29   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Got mine replaced last month for similar. In my case entire housing had broken due to an idiot car guy driving on wrong side shoulder while I was stuck in a jam. Thankful he did not cause any other damage.
The assembly cover will also need to be painted to match your vehicle.
I need the entire assembly and that's worrying me.
Old 12th September 2015, 21:43   #746
BHPian

Guys, as i shared 2 months back that i acquired a 2.4 L GV MT in pristine condition from Gurgaon. Now something has come up on the professional front and I will be relocating out of country next month. If somebody is interested in acquiring the same please pm me. I am yet to put a detailed add on team-bhp, will do so by tonight. Car is yet to be transferred in my name and it is gurgaon registered. It was so much pain to find one, was lucky to find this piece and now i have to let it go :( . Car is in Mumbai.
Old 12th October 2015, 11:20   #747
Team-BHP Support

Alright, after the delays caused by multiple family circumstances, I finally got around to do the 1L kms service. I decided to get the wheel alignment and balancing later. Also, didn't change the air filter since I had changed to K&N filter few months ago. I need to get the K&N filter re-charger and do it myself. As a result, the service bill stayed in 4 digit figure even for a 1L kms service. As usual, the single biggest item on the service bill is the synthetic oil.

Issues needed to be fixed:
  1. The center cabin light was out, got the bulb replaced.
  2. The aluminum skid plate was bent out of shape in multiple places due to stone hits. Got it removed, beaten back to shape and re-installed. Fortunately, the mechanic who designed that skid plate in 2008 was available, and he was proud to do it himself.
  3. Both the remotes were not working, one key was only unlocking. They think there is some water damage to both. But they got one remote to work perfectly, after a long time I can both lock and unlock with one key. Ordered a replacement for the other.

Other than the above, there was regular service and AC cabin filter cleaning.

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-grand-vitara-repair-08oct2015.jpg

Also got the MMI map upgraded from 9.0 to 10.1 version, the upgrade cost me 500 bucks. Yet to note any difference since I haven't used the Navigation since then. This was done by contacting MMI directly, no connection to the service station.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 13:21   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

^^

Chances of water damage to the remote is quite remote.

I opened my Vitara's remote and changed the battery myself.

The remote PCB is encased in a shell that needs to be pried open like a wrist watch.

Did you check the PCB?
Old 13th October 2015, 18:34   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Alright, after the delays caused by multiple family circumstances, I finally got around to do the 1L kms service. I decided to get the wheel alignment and balancing later. Also, didn't change the air filter since I had changed to K&N filter few months ago. I need to get the K&N filter re-charger and do it myself.
Could you share your experience of the K&N filter performance, preferably with a photo showing the installation.
Have you noticed any dust getting into the air intake downstream of the filter?

Thanks.
Old 13th October 2015, 22:03   #750
BHPian

I have seen various 2L and 2.4L GVs in team bhp and few other forums, but is there a 2.7 l v6 GV in the country?
If so, any opinions as to how it is? A friend of mine claims he has a v6 GV of around 2006 vintage and I am really curious to know.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed