Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2018, 11:56   #1141

re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP [14 years & 150000kms]

Hi All,
Sorry for being AWOL but it's amazing to see so many of us have been bit by GV bug and it's still growing. Special thanks to Samurai and Sudev ji for their threads on the forum, for many of us it's the bible.
For the the past couple of months, my GV has started throwing some tantrums. But being almost 11 years old, it's quite understandable. The major one was the AC. Within the last 1.5 years, I've replaced the compressor (in Aug 2016), Fan motor, blower (in Dec 2017) etc (Total damage around 55K including labour). All the work was done at MASS. Surprisingly all parts arrived within 4-5 days after placing the order. It's now time for the 110K kms service and I took it to a new MASS near my place (found out my usual SA had left the job plus that one was a bit far compared to this new one, hence the change). None of them had even seen a GV before and they were all excited. They did a 42 point check up and gave me a list of jobs to be done. Listing them here (Mine is 2L AT),
1. Oil leakage from steering pump, Steering pump assembly to be replaced. (Part no. 49100-65J00, Rs 20,000)
2. Oil Filter (part no. 6510-61A31, Rs 540)
3. Tapper cover gasket (part no. 11189-65J00, Rs 500)
4. Brake pad set (part no. 55200-65J11, Rs 6000)
5. Brake disc set (part no. 55211-65J01, Rs 6000)
6. RR both wheel cylinder oil leakage (part no. 53402-65D00, Rs 2500)
7. FR/RHS & FR/LHS Engine mountings (part no. 11610-65J02, Rs 9000)

Other than this, they also said front lower arm bushings are cracked, even though it's not mentioned it in the suggested jobs to be done immediately. I wonder why. Also, they said MASS doesn't stock the hydraulic steering oil anymore. The SA had no idea what to do regarding this. He also said it will take atleast 20 days for them to get the parts.
So I placed an order for the oil filter at an MGP outlet and after one week they gave me the oil filter for SX4 saying the part is common for both (part no 16510M55K00, Rs 130). I've confirmed this at MASS.
Now, what do you guys suggest? should I get a second opinion for the Steering pump replacement (the leakage is not severe as of now and i couldnt spot it)? I also have the option to source a used pump from abroad or get OEM type from Ebay/Aliexpress for around 8-9K (No guarantee on the quality). I couldn't find a seal kit anywhere online. What oil should I use to top up the steering pump?
With the brake pads, I've been trying to find Bosch BC1188 pads (OEM fit for 2007 GV) in India, but so far unsuccessful. Have any of you used any other brand?
With Engine mountings i just noticed the part no. and price is different to the one mentioned in Styler's post above. Should I re-check with MASS? Please advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Hi All,
A few Updates about my Grand Vitara 2.0 L
Last bit of work completed as follows :
1. The Lower arm bushes were worn out. Instead of replacing the Lower Arm (9.5K) I managed to get the Bush set for both sides for Rs 2800 and got them replaced by my local mechanics.
Styler, could you please share the contact number/shop address from where you got the bushes for lower arm? Also any specific part number I should mention to them?
Old 25th February 2018, 16:01   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkbuster View Post
Styler, could you please share the contact number/shop address from where you got the bushes for lower arm? Also any specific part number I should mention to them?
1. I got the the Lower Arm bush kit from Rastogi Motors, Palika Bhawan, New Delhi. Just google and you will get the contact details.

2. Power Steering oil is the same as Automatic Transmission oil. You could simply buy Castrol Automatic Transmission Oil, or buy the much more expensive Imported Automatic Transmission Oil from MGP Store.

3. I got my Engine mountings changed in my GV 2.0L and you can see it in the Invoice in a previous post. The cost was around Rs 8700 for a pair.

4. About the pump if the leak is not too evident don't bother. Just regularly check and top up the Power Steering Oil. Normally it is the Steering Rack assembly which leaks. Mine also was leaking a little till some time ago. It seems to have self healed and now I don't see oil. I bought a Power Steering Rack seal kit in US and I mentioned the link in a previous post.I haven't used it till now.

5. Brake pads, I bought original ones from MGP Store, and I would recommend original ones as they are Japanese ones and will last much longer than any other brand.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th October 2018 at 14:54. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Styler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 17:46   #1143
Distinguished - BHPian

Power steering seal replacement is possible from non MASS sources. My current GV has done 10000 after overhaul without any leakage.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 18:00   #1144

Quote:
1. I got the the Lower Arm bush kit from Rastogi Motors, Palika Bhawan, New Delhi. Just google and you will get the contact details.
========
4. About the pump if the leak is not too evident don't bother. ......
1. Thank you so much, yes I'll google them for contact details

2. Ok I'll get the castrol for now and see how the leakage is.

3. Yes I checked the invoice, the part number given to me is 65J02, yours is 65J03. The pricing mentioned in your invoice seem to be 6781 for the pair. Is this a different mounting/part (there's one in the centre also right?), or are they different for AT&MT? I'm a bit confused.

4. Ok I'll keep checking it for a month and then see if I have to get it replaced or not. I tried the link you provided and it said the page doesn't exist. I'll put an enquiry with the manufacturer in the meanwhile.

5. Ok, I guess I'll place an order for the original pads and see if I can get the discs skimmed for this time.

Thank you so much for the prompt response!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th October 2018 at 14:55. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 26th February 2018, 20:08   #1145
R_R
BHPian

Any news about a new Grand Vitara at all? There were rumours last year that a new version will be revealed at the Auto Expo, but does not seem to have happened (though I haven't followed it as closely). Does anyone know?
Old 27th February 2018, 19:33   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Any news about a new Grand Vitara at all? There were rumours last year that a new version will be revealed at the Auto Expo, but does not seem to have happened (though I haven't followed it as closely). Does anyone know?
There was some chatter about a 2019 launch. But there are no sightings of any test mules till date. So we can only hope and pray.

My main worry is that Suzuki do not have much of an economic case for developing a new engine to replace the 2.4L petrol. Nor do they seem to have any diesel engine more than 1.5L in the works.

So I feel we may only get a AWD version of the Vitara Sport.
Old 2nd March 2018, 07:08   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkbuster View Post
Hi All,

1. Oil leakage from steering pump, Steering pump assembly to be replaced. (Part no. 49100-65J00, Rs 20,000)

Like Sudev mentioned, power steering kit can be sources locally at around 10-11k. I had mine done a year back, have not faced problems yet.

Some of these local guys will also give a warranty 3-6 months on the kit.
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 11:55   #1148

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Like Sudev mentioned, power steering kit can be sources locally at around 10-11k. I had mine done a year back, have not faced problems yet.

Some of these local guys will also give a warranty 3-6 months on the kit.
That's great, could you/Sudev please share from where you'll got the kit & the work done? Thanks!

Regarding the Engine mounts, even though the part number is different, the price is same as Styler's (Forgot to add 28% Tax ).
Old 5th March 2018, 09:28   #1149
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, while exiting Agra at night, the fan belt of my 2008 GV AT snapped/broke. There was some noise and battery not charging light was immediate indicator. Being on crowded road I drove for half a kilometre before stopping. Slight raise in temperature gauge was noticed.

By the time I stopped the car the remains of the belt were lost in the crowded patch of road. Now I need the size of belt so that I can try and procure some thing at Agra to get the car moving. Local MSIL dealers do not stock GV parts.

Any one who can quickly give this information?
Old 5th March 2018, 09:34   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Yesterday, while exiting Agra at night, the fan belt of my 2008 GV AT snapped/broke. There was some noise and battery not charging light was immediate indicator. Being on crowded road I drove for half a kilometre before stopping. Slight raise in temperature gauge was noticed.
By the time I stopped the car the remains of the belt were lost in the crowded patch of road. Now I need the size of belt so that I can try and procure some thing at Agra to get the car moving. Local MSIL dealers do not stock GV parts.
Any one who can quickly give this information?
Sudev Ji the belt for the GV 2.0 L Manual that I recently bought from MGP Store is as follows :
Belt :5PK1650
Part No: 95151-64J00 Rs 1438

Since the engine is the same I guess the belt will be the same for the Automatic 2.0L
You could source a size SPK1650 sized belt of any brand in Agra.

I have the old belt still in good condition with me. If you want that let me know if there is a way to send it across.

Regards
Styler.
Old 5th March 2018, 11:01   #1151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sudev Ji the belt for the GV 2.0 L Manual that I recently bought from MGP Store is as follows :
I spoke to Udupi Maruti Workshop and found a different part number. They have it in stock too.

BANDO 33EC-16-5 R18-ACE
Old 5th March 2018, 12:00   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I spoke to Udupi Maruti Workshop and found a different part number. They have it in stock too.

BANDO 33EC-16-5 R18-ACE
That could be a Bando Part No.
The generic size of the belt is 5PK1650 - It means 5 grooves and 1650mm in length.
MGP system showed 2 SGP Part numbers for the same size i.e. 5PK1650.
I ordered the cheaper one with the SGP part no 95151-64J00 for Rs 1438.
This was a SGP part, sourced from Bando and fitted perfectly in my 2.0L GV Manual.
Tanmay in our GV Whatsapp group confirmed that the belt is the same for GV 2.L Manual and automatic.

Styler.

Last edited by Styler : 5th March 2018 at 12:04.
Old 5th March 2018, 12:07   #1153
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for input. Trying to source this size belt in Agra
Old 6th March 2018, 07:21   #1154
Distinguished - BHPian

So looks like that idler pulley bearing seized causing belt to snap. Remiss of me not to have investigated the noise that I heard at the start of Delhi - Agra run on YEW. Good that it snapped just when I was getting out of Agra and not on YEW. So was able to quickly park the car and get help. Left the car in Agra and will travel back in a day or two to do recce for The Agra Taj Car Rally and thereafter drive back. Was planning to go back this week in any case so not too much disruption.

Madhusudan - MASS - at Agra are doing the job and hope to get things back in shape today.
Old 12th March 2018, 11:59   #1155
BHPian

Coincidentally I've had exactly the same problem with my GV 2.0 (manual). The fan belt snapped due to the idler pulley jamming. I'm based in Manali and am in a bit of a fix as I have to drive on the 16th to Bikaner for the MS Desert Storm (as an official, not a participant ) and just cant source the parts here.

The thread has already been a great help with the identification of the fan belt part number and specification.

As I need to source the 1) Idler Pulley and the 2) Tensioner Pulley from Delhi (getting someone to courier it from there), can someone please help and provide the part numbers / specifications for these parts so I can inform my sources in Delhi? Have checked with the MASS in Mandi but they seem to be taking too much time and I don't have time currently.

Any information would be a great help, many thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks