Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2013, 11:49   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Driven at steady & sedate 90kmph this is what I got from Chandigarh to Delhi. Though many times on highly spirited driving I have returned half of this figure too.

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-20130805_162740.jpg
sudev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 11:59   #542
BHPian

re: The First Grand Vitara Ownership on Team-BHP [6 years & 70,000 completed]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Now take the beast where it is in its elements and then it will shine like no sedan can ever do.
Thanks you Sudev jee, I am sure my perceptive will change once the this metal meets it's elements. Hoping for an opportunity to take it off the road!

Quote:
Driven at steady & sedate 90kmph this is what I got from Chandigarh to Delhi. Though many times on highly spirited driving I have returned half of this figure too.

Attachment 1122231
That's eye candy figure! I am not able to get above 10 Kmpl even after sedate to hilt driving, and the worst I have achieved after ripping it is 9.1 KMPL.
Old 8th August 2013, 21:08   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

By trial and error I have found that on long distance keeping a very light foot and RPM's always within 2200~2700 band you can achieve the best figures.

CNG!! Why do you want to do that???
Old 9th August 2013, 19:54   #544
BHPian

CNG!! Why do you want to do that???

Driving in Bombay I get less than 7 to a litre. And with petrol prices going through the roof everyday, I figured a sequential CNG kit is in order for city driving.
Old 6th September 2013, 16:12   #545
GRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
...Asked them to check the lower arm bushes again, it has been almost 10K since the last check where the cracks were discovered. The left lower arm bush is now properly cracked, while the crack in the right one is still manageable. The SA showed it to the DGM and he suggested to replace it. So I have put an order for a new lower left arm.

--------------
Hi Samurai

Today I took by Vitara for that Dug dug sound from front. my car has done now 61,000 kms over 6 years. They told me that Suspension bush is completely gone and hence I need to change both lower arm (as it comes only with lower arm). Can you please reconfirm this ??
DId you change lower arm because lower arm was cracked or you change because you wanted to change bush and bush means lower arm also ?

Thanks
GRV

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th February 2019 at 11:25. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 6th September 2013, 16:16   #546
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, I replaced the lower arm because of the cracked bush. There was nothing wrong with the lower arm itself. However, Sudev says the bush can be changed on the lower arm. Check that option.
Old 9th September 2013, 18:03   #547
GRV
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I replaced the lower arm because of the cracked bush. There was nothing wrong with the lower arm itself. However, Sudev says the bush can be changed on the lower arm. Check that option.
Hi Sudev
Could you throw some light here. You mentioned once that now bush comes as stand alone part, but the dealer workshop denies this.

Regards

GRV
Old 9th September 2013, 19:18   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

I will check with Motorcraft and revert. Though in my case this information was passed to me after I had already changed the arms!
Old 11th September 2013, 20:37   #549
GRV
BHPian

Quote:
I will check with Motorcraft and revert. Though in my case this information was passed to me after I had already changed the arms!
Hi Sudev

Thanks a lot. Waiting for your revert.

Regards

GRV
Old 14th September 2013, 16:15   #550
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
That's a great performance. Was this after you reached home in Noida because that would be even more impressive because you would have gone through the city.

Over the last five months or so, I have noted (tank to tank) anywhere between 9.5 to 11.5 kmpl in city driving for each fill. But oddly, I don't find a huge difference in highway driving, usually only slightly better, about 12 kmpl. Obviously, traffic is the biggest menace. Those driving in mostly heavy traffic should expect much worse figures. My city driving is also Gurgaon to South Delhi, and many times not in rush hour, which explains my better kmpl figures.

R_R
Old 17th September 2013, 08:29   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

@GRV : Not able to get any confirmation on part number....so I guess you would have to buy the whole.
Old 17th September 2013, 10:31   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

I think it's possible to order the bushes (the service guys don't want to because it'a pain to replace the bushes). For my Tucson, the service adviser told me that that they have to burn and hammer the old ones out and the lower arm bushes are small in size so it takes time.

Here is my case:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3133242

Look at the bush and you clearly see a separate part number:

Though I ended up replacing the entire lower arms (~Rs.9000 each), I asked the SA about the sub-frame as the sub-frame bushes will also eventually come up for replacement and replacing entire sub-frame will be stupid (it costs ~Rs.28,000). So the SA said, sub-frame bushes are always replaced because they are bigger so easier to work on + the sub-frame cost is prohibitive.
Old 30th October 2013, 21:45   #553
BHPian

Hi Guys,
The rear parcel tray in my grand vitara makes a lot of noise on bad roads and I think the clips have worn out and the parcel tray keeps rattling and makes noise. Can anyone suggest me a good solution for this problem.
Old 12th November 2013, 17:53   #554
Team-BHP Support

re: The First Grand Vitara Ownership on Team-BHP [6 years & 75,000 completed]

Last week my Grand Vitara completed 6 years and 70,000kms. What a ride it has been...

This is the most uneventful vehicle I have owned. I can do 400kms trips routinely over and over without checking anything other than tyre pressure and fuel tank. I drive it to Bangalore and park it. Then I don't touch it for two weeks. Then I hop on it and drive it back, like I am driving to office. Been doing this for more than 3 years now. And I do these trips over one of the most horrible road called Shiradi ghats, at least 25 times a year.

Last month I gave the GV for service and I didn't have any problem to report. The SA is hard pressed to find anything extra to do. Check out the service bill, most of it is just engine oil and gear oil.

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-fullscreen-capture-11122013-53827-pm.bmp.jpg
The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-fullscreen-capture-11122013-53847-pm.bmp.jpg

Last edited by Samurai : 12th November 2013 at 18:13.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 15:08   #555
AVR
BHPian

re: The First Grand Vitara Ownership on Team-BHP [6 years & 75,000 completed]

Quote:
This is the most uneventful vehicle I have owned.
Last month I gave the GV for service and I didn't have any problem to report.
Last week I test drove a 2011 GV (unregistered) and with about 3000 on the odo. Have to say that it's a lovely vehicle to drive. What really adds to the value is the fact that unlike my Safari or Jeep, a Suzuki will almost always, not give you niggles. The engine is so much fun to push hard, especially for a SUV.

How is the ride for a 4-5 people on bad roads with a full-load of luggage?

Thanks,
Adi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks