Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2018, 10:04   #1321
BHPian

re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP [14 years & 150000kms]

Maruti system spares are the cheapest.
Boodmo has some good deals. But you need to be patient. I got a rear taillight assly. from them for Rs. 2574. But they took almost 1 month for delivery. Part was a genuine Japanese item.
You will have to be prepared for delays in delivery for either channel.

I had ordered front CV joints bellows from Partsouq. It took about 20 days for delivery through India Post. The postage and courier charges throw costing out of whack though.

Re the front struts - MASS struts set comes to around 16400. I got a pair of KYB struts for 18,000 from my local parts dealer. I am yet to fit them as I am waiting for the spring from Maruti.
sridhar-v is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 10:45   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Maruti system spares are the cheapest.
Boodmo has some good deals. But you need to be patient. I got a rear taillight assly. from them for Rs. 2574. But they took almost 1 month for delivery. Part was a genuine Japanese item.
You will have to be prepared for delays in delivery for either channel.

I had ordered front CV joints bellows from Partsouq. It took about 20 days for delivery through India Post. The postage and courier charges throw costing out of whack though.

Re the front struts - MASS struts set comes to around 16400. I got a pair of KYB struts for 18,000 from my local parts dealer. I am yet to fit them as I am waiting for the spring from Maruti.
I just got the front strut kit for about Rs 8,000 from Maruti. This does not include labour. Am I missing something?

Also how much was the CV joint bellows, are these the differential side or the wheel side bellows?

Last edited by drifter : 1st December 2018 at 10:57.
Old 1st December 2018, 11:19   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
I just got the front strut kit for about Rs 8,000 from Maruti. This does not include labour. Am I missing something?

Also how much was the CV joint bellows, are these the differential side or the wheel side bellows?
Re the front strut kit:
For a total of Rs. 8000 you should get 2 springs(6600), 2 spring coil rubber seats (800), 2 strut bearings (880).
Or they have given you 2 imported bearings (4200), 2 spring coil rubber seats (800), 2 seat coil spring upper (1100). But that does not total to 8000. Check the exact items you have got. Boodmo has a very good graphical listing of parts and cost. It matches the prices in the Maruti system.

Front struts will be extra in any case. I would strongly recommend replacing the springs.

Re. the CV bellows i ordered one set of Wheel side and Diff side for the front RH shaft. The total was $64 including postage.
Old 1st December 2018, 12:05   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Re the front strut kit:
For a total of Rs. 8000 you should get 2 springs(6600), 2 spring coil rubber seats (800), 2 strut bearings (880).
Or they have given you 2 imported bearings (4200), 2 spring coil rubber seats (800), 2 seat coil spring upper (1100). But that does not total to 8000. Check the exact items you have got. Boodmo has a very good graphical listing of parts and cost. It matches the prices in the Maruti system.

Front struts will be extra in any case. I would strongly recommend replacing the springs.

Re. the CV bellows i ordered one set of Wheel side and Diff side for the front RH shaft. The total was $64 including postage.
Will get the details probably today or Monday. Possible to share the link of the CV bellows? I'm able to find only diff side.
Old 1st December 2018, 12:09   #1325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You have a Grand Vitara now? When did this happen, do spill the details of your ride...
Old 1st December 2018, 12:17   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Hey Samurai. Yes sometime back. Just bringing it back to ship shape. It's a 2008, 2.0 MT Silver. 107000km on clock. Right now in the hands of Maruti and awaiting some decent sized bills.
drifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 15:54   #1327
GRV
BHPian

I have checked prices of spare parts for GV. Genuine are much more expensive than OEM as expected. So I decide to go for OEM parts, bot both dealer and a MASS in Gurgaon said they will use only genuine parts and not OEM.

Can you please advise, which garage should I go . Any names for Garage within NCR that has considerable experience in GV and also will use OEM parts.

Thanks
Rajul
Old 1st December 2018, 16:14   #1328
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRV View Post
I have checked prices of spare parts for GV. Genuine are much more expensive than OEM as expected. So I decide to go for OEM parts, bot both dealer and a MASS in Gurgaon said they will use only genuine parts and not OEM.

Can you please advise, which garage should I go . Any names for Garage within NCR that has considerable experience in GV and also will use OEM parts.

Thanks
Rajul
I generally go to Prem Motors. They are OK, so far, nothing great but no problems I have faced yet. Problem with GV is that it is rare, so difficult to find a specific mechanic/workshop who knows the car well (At least, I haven't found one in Gurgaon; So I would love to know also if there is one!). I do not know any workshop that is particularly good for GV, and I am always afraid to leave my GV with any of them, so I stay till servicing/other jobs are done in front of me. I earlier used to go to Competent, which was OK too, but got uncomfortable with them after they tried to pressure me to replace parts I did not think were necessary to replace. Never went back.
Old 1st December 2018, 16:40   #1329
GRV
BHPian

Actually it is Prem motors in Sec 14 that said about using only Genuine parts. I have read some of our GV experts go to Noida for GV related work. Not sure which one that will agree to use OEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
My Shockers are installed without any hassles today.

The Shockers I bought from the market were original with both the MGP and SGP Stickers. They come with Suzuki Part Numbers embossed along with KYB Markings. The original that were removed were also similar with KYB Markings.

The Printed cost was exactly what Shashi mentioned in the MGP Parts Thread. The Manufacturing date was Feb 2016. Luckily some dealer had stuck stock in Palika Bhawan so I got a good discount.
Hi Styler

I went for 80k service today. After test drive , i was told that there is a need to change the front suspension (I guess it is called struts). Cost quoted is very high (around 10,000 for each). You have got the genuine at good discount from somehwere in Delhi. Could you please share the name of the shop , i can also try my luck ..

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd December 2018 at 17:53. Reason: Please avoid making back to back posts. Use the Multiquote button to respond to everyone in a single post. Back to back posts merged.
Old 2nd December 2018, 09:20   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Will get the details probably today or Monday. Possible to share the link of the CV bellows? I'm able to find only diff side.
https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=0117PZZE150
That is the outer or wheel side. Pls note that it is slightly oversize and you will have to do Jugaad. I have reported on that.

https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=0515bkt
This is for the diff side. It is an exact fit.
Attached Thumbnails
The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-febest.jpg  

sridhar-v is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 09:49   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRV View Post
Hi Styler

I went for 80k service today. After test drive , i was told that there is a need to change the front suspension (I guess it is called struts). Cost quoted is very high (around 10,000 for each). You have got the genuine at good discount from somehwere in Delhi. Could you please share the name of the shop , i can also try my luck ..

The shop from which I bought is Sood Motors in Palika Bhawan, Opposite Hayat Regency Hotel. Just google and you will get the numbers.
This dealer had One set each of Front and Rear Shockers. I bought the front, I think he only has the rear shockers available now.
You can look to buy KYB Shockers from the Aftermarket as SGP shockers are also sourced from KYB and have KYB markings.

Styler
Old 3rd December 2018, 12:34   #1332
BHPian

Hi, needed some advice from the GV community here. Have developed a small crack on the front widescreen of my GV 2.0 MT. Checked with the MASS in Mandi (I live in Manali) and they’re quoting 25 K for a new windscreen with fitting! Is that a genuine price? Am heading down to Delhi in a few days and wanted to check if there’s a recommended option there at a better price, as 25 K seems quite high..? Many thanks in advance

Last edited by Manoj Biswas : 3rd December 2018 at 12:35. Reason: Error
Old 3rd December 2018, 13:00   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj Biswas View Post
Hi, needed some advice from the GV community here. Have developed a small crack on the front widescreen of my GV 2.0 MT. Checked with the MASS in Mandi (I live in Manali) and they’re quoting 25 K for a new windscreen with fitting! Is that a genuine price? Am heading down to Delhi in a few days and wanted to check if there’s a recommended option there at a better price, as 25 K seems quite high..? Many thanks in advance
Windshield - 22000
Molding - 2227
Sealant - 1500
Labour - 1500

This is the MASS price at Delhi , so yes its spot on . Cheaper options can be found at Palika , will cost 7-9k for the windshield
Old 3rd December 2018, 13:14   #1334
GRV
BHPian

Quote:

My GV also has crack line for last 7 years. It is on the lower side of wind screen running from left to right and hence does not impair visibility. I was also thinking of changing it, did not change it considering cost. Have no problem. The crack line length has increased over time, but MASS guy says it is not going to explode or burst suddenly and hence safe to drive

Not sure if I am taking a big risk or not .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
MODS - Please merge this with the previous post if it deems fit

On a side note, I pampered my Grand Vitara on the eve of her 11th birthday which was last month.

1. Lower Arm bushes replacement - used RBI part number 51391-S5A-024/ 51391-S7A-005 - the same part that Bhpian @sridhar-v had installed in his Grand Vitara
Hi Vigsom / @Sridhar -V

Where have to sourced this bush from ? I have to change the bushes and MASS is asying complete lower arm will have to be replaced. Hence want to buy these bushes and get it changed from an independent Garage in NCR. I checked these parts no on Boodomo. The first number i.e. 024 throws a few options and one of them is RBI. The second number throws vendor Honda/acura as OEM part..

Do I have to buy either one of the part numbers (i.e. either xxxx-024 or xxx-005) or 2 pieces xxxx-024 and 2 pieces xxxx-005 ? Please clarify

Thanks
rajul

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd December 2018 at 15:19. Reason: Back to back post. Please use MultiQuote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.
GRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 15:01   #1335
BHPian

Quote:

Hi
I checked with a very old and reliable Windshield installation shop in Vasant Kunj. I just called them to inquire. He tells me he will be able to replace the windshield with an imported glass for around 5K. He will just need to know a day or two in advance.
I will be sending you his number in a Private Message.
Styler
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed