Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2012, 16:06   #406
Senior - BHPian

re: The First Grand Vitara Ownership on Team-BHP [6 years & 70,000 completed]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustysekhon View Post
I just moved to B'Lore on Sunday and Vitara is here. Where do you recommend service (2011 AT Vitara). Mostly concerned about basic parts since I moved from Gurgaon where disc pads, filters etc are always available and car is delivered back same day.
Not all M.A.S.S. are equipped to service the Vitara, especially an AT.

I suggest you call the Maruti customer care and confirm.

IIRC, Pratham Motors on Bellandur Outer Ring Road does service the Vitara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Alright, got the GV back after two days of intense work. Had to pay 500 bucks to remove sunfilm on rear quarter glass and the residue gum on all the remaining glass doors.
500 bucks to remove residue gum from sunfilm.

My friend got sun films removed from his car for just Rs 200 from a reputed and professional sunfilm installer, in Bangalore.

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 8th June 2012 at 16:12.
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 15:38   #407
Senior - BHPian

When I was test driving the 2.4L Vitara, Pratham Motor CEO's vehicle, I had the judder come on at 1100-1200 RPM in 2nd gear. Had found it weird at that point of time, since my SX4 has no such issues. I thought that someone (driver) had abused the vehicle.

Would such judder happen in 2nd gear low range as well? If so, won't it affect drivability while offroading?
Old 15th June 2012, 16:23   #408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Would such judder happen in 2nd gear low range as well? If so, won't it affect drivability while offroading?
At low range the idle rpm will be twice as high, so this won't happen.
Old 16th June 2012, 08:50   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
500 bucks to remove residue gum from sunfilm.

My friend got sun films removed from his car for just Rs 200 from a reputed and professional sunfilm installer, in Bangalore.
Find this amusing. Removed 3M from four window glass by myself. No residual gumming. Did not even have to clean the glass. All it took was use of fingernail to raise a tiny edge and the grasping the film with fingers a steady gentle pull. And ten minutes for the four windows.
Old 16th June 2012, 09:04   #410
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Find this amusing. Removed 3M from four window glass by myself. No residual gumming. Did not even have to clean the glass. All it took was use of fingernail to raise a tiny edge and the grasping the film with fingers a steady gentle pull. And ten minutes for the four windows.
That's because it was 3M. So far 3M is the only film to have come off without leaving any glue residue. It comes off so easily.
Old 16th June 2012, 09:29   #411
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
My DIY didn't go that smooth. I took lot longer and it left whole lot gum residue, which couldn't removed by me or my office boys. The Maruti dealer in Mangalore didn't have premier quality sunfilms back in 2007.

Viddy and Jaggu have seen how bad it was. So I didn't mind the 500bucks for the cleanup.
Old 19th July 2012, 23:06   #412
BHPian

Hey guys I just bought a 2007 Grand Vitara which has run about 68k kms for 5.3 lacs. The car belongs to a software company and has been well maintained. The car is now shod with new set of tyres.

I gave it for a service of 70k kms since I live in a remote place and the nearest MASS is about 110 kms from my place and they have not sold a single GV till date and hence them servicing the GV is very difficult and I would not opt for it. The GV was serviced at Bangalore and the bill was about Rs. 5,500/- and I had asked the service advisor to take a thorough look at all the vital parts such as suspension, engine foundation, gearbox foundation, brake pads, electricals and so on and so forth. The service advisor told me that the vehicle was properly maintained and did not need any parts to be replaced. He also assured me that the vehicle will be trouble free for another 30k kms.

Now I want to know from the bhpians is weather I have paid the right price for the car? Further are there any other things that I will have to consider before bringing the vehicle to my place? Please suggest as I am planning to bring the vehicle to my place the coming Wednesday.

Thanks to one and all.
Old 20th July 2012, 00:49   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hey guys I just bought a 2007 Grand Vitara which has run about 68k kms for 5.3 lacs. The car belongs to a software company and has been well maintained. The car is now shod with new set of tyres.

I gave it for a service of 70k kms since I live in a remote place ... The GV was serviced at Bangalore bill Rs. 5,500/- and the service thorough look at all the vital parts such as suspension, engine foundation, gearbox foundation, brakes. The service advisor told me that the vehicle was properly maintained and did not need any parts to be replaced.assured vehicle will be trouble free for another 30k kms.
Maruti has an excellent network, i moved 4 weeks back from Gurgaon to Bangalore and had the same apprehensions. Called and spoke to senior people in Maruti and was recommended nearest dealer. No bad experience till now nut all jobs were routine (2011 GV AT, service only). Am planning a few adventures now and will ensure Maruti delivers… Lets connect and do let me know if you face issues, will help (not try and help but help).

Last edited by Samurai : 20th July 2012 at 00:55. Reason: fixed quotes
mustysekhon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 00:58   #414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey guys I just bought a 2007 Grand Vitara which has run about 68k kms for 5.3 lacs.
That is a very good price, in fact a steal.

Any place that can service SX4, can service a GV. Who do you think services my GV in Udupi? They have no special training in GV, they just use the same consumables as SX4 and it works fine.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 01:06   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys I just bought a 2007 Grand Vitara which has run about 68k kms for 5.3 lacs.

The car is now shod with new set of tyres.

The service advisor told me that the vehicle was properly maintained and did not need any parts to be replaced. He also assured me that the vehicle will be trouble free for another 30k kms.
The price you paid seems to be fair, not cheap at all for a 5 year old GV (major advantage is the new tyres), please check the dates on the tyres to be certain that they are new. But to say that the car would be trouble free for 30k kms only is a bit of a worry since the spares for the GV would set you back quite a bit. Find out why the SA (most of them are dumb and talk as if they know everything) said this.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 06:40   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

@68k the car should be trouble free for ~100k kms more needing routine service as per schedule. Unless you stress suspension that itself should not be cause of worry till 120k. Good buy.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 08:09   #417
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
The price you paid seems to be fair, not cheap at all for a 5 year old GV
Anybody with first hand experience with GV will agree it is very very cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
But to say that the car would be trouble free for 30k kms only is a bit of a worry since the spares for the GV would set you back quite a bit. Find out why the SA (most of them are dumb and talk as if they know everything) said this.
Not really. GV is ridiculously cheap to maintain, and is very reliable. I had to change some of my suspension parts only because I drive fast in extremely bad roads. Even those parts were reasonably priced. Member GRV who drives on good roads changed his tyres at 52,000kms, and that is the only part he changed until now. I changed my first set of tyres at 17,000kms, that should tell you the road conditions where I used to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev
@68k the car should be trouble free for ~100k kms more needing routine service as per schedule.
Knowing this car, I have no reason to doubt it. Sudev, have you crossed 200,000kms yet?
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 11:14   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nice price.
Congrats.

This is a 2L one or the 2.4L?
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 11:16   #419
Team-BHP Support

The 2.4L version was released only in mid 2009.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 11:22   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Not really. GV is ridiculously cheap to maintain, and is very reliable. I had to change some of my suspension parts only because I drive fast in extremely bad roads. Even those parts were reasonably priced.
Quite surprising to hear that. I thought the GV had the most SGP parts in it than any other Maruti. Can you give the individual cost of suspension spares that you changed.

Also what is the on road price of GV now ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks