Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2015, 18:45   #676
Team-BHP Support

re: The First Grand Vitara Ownership on Team-BHP [100000 KMs & 8 Years]

One of the quirks in Grand Vitara is the driver's side floor mat. It has the tendency to bunch up under the brake pedal, and pretty much disable the brakes. After 2-3 close calls, I had removed the floor mat. But I found a fix, I got a metal worker to attach a aluminium sheet to the bottom of the floor mat. Now the floor mat can't bend.

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-dsc_0101.jpg
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 23:43   #677
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
One of the quirks in Grand Vitara is the driver's side floor mat. It has the tendency to bunch up under the brake pedal, and pretty much disable the brakes. After 2-3 close calls, I had removed the floor mat. But I found a fix, I got a metal worker to attach a aluminium sheet to the bottom of the floor mat. Now the floor mat can't bend.

Attachment 1384037
Before trying aluminium did you try velcro? My foot mats used to slide around and all I did was buy velcro tape and stick on with fevi bond. In months the mat didn't even move.

Your aluminium may work but velcro is the simplest
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 23:52   #678
Team-BHP Support

It was messing with brakes, so I didn't want to take any risks.
Old 21st June 2015, 00:05   #679
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It was messing with brakes, so I didn't want to take any risks.
I didn't see any clips to secure the mats so the velcro is lesser risk than the aluminium plate. The velcro ensures the mat doesn't budge.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 12:26   #680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
I find that there is a subwoofer unit under the front passenger seat. But the service manual does not show any separate wiring for the same. Are you able to separately control the subwoofer volume? Did you change any speakers?
That must be an aftermarket installation by one of the previous owners - should be a shallow sub. Could you post pics of the unit please?

Does your car have a OE Head Unit or a touchscreen aftermarket one?
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:58   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
That must be an aftermarket installation by one of the previous owners - should be a shallow sub. Could you post pics of the unit please?

Does your car have a OE Head Unit or a touchscreen aftermarket one?
My car has the OE head unit. Subsequent to my post I found the circuit diagram in the service manual.

The colours of the wires seem to match with the circuit diagram. So I presume it is OE fitment. The plastic housing had the words "Active Sub Woofer" embossed.

The next two photos are views from the front & from the rear. Pls. pardon the quality as I had to hold a torch in one hand and do single handed clicking.

BTW - does anybody have any Indian source for the window rain deflectors?
Attached Thumbnails
The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-subwoofer-circuit.jpg  

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-subwoofer-front.jpg  

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-subwoofer-rear.jpg  

Last edited by sridhar-v : 22nd June 2015 at 15:04. Reason: Added photos
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 06:55   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like OE Sub. Located under the front seat.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 11:05   #683
BHPian

I was told by the SA that the sub is in front, on top of the dashboard. It's the hump above the Center air vents. Unless different models have different locations.
Old 30th June 2015, 11:22   #684
BHPian

Guys, wanted to share my joy. Have been on the look out of 2.4 Liter MT Vitara for few months. Last week acquired a 2011 model in pristine condition 1500 kms away from my place. Sudev was quite instrumental in helping me assess the car. I am based out of Mumbai and would love to catch up with folks around and learn more about the car. Any pointers for the service centre in Mumbai?
Old 30th June 2015, 11:32   #685
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustysekhon View Post
I was told by the SA that the sub is in front, on top of the dashboard. It's the hump above the Center air vents. Unless different models have different locations.
No... the sub is under the front passenger seat, always was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
Guys, wanted to share my joy. Have been on the look out of 2.4 Liter MT Vitara for few months. Last week acquired a 2011 model in pristine condition 1500 kms away from my place. Sudev was quite instrumental in helping me assess the car. I am based out of Mumbai and would love to catch up with folks around and learn more about the car. Any pointers for the service centre in Mumbai?
Congrats, any chance it was the golden color Vitara with only 28000kms on it? Resale of 2.4L is so rare, if you don't mind how much did you pay for it? PM if you don't want it in public. I gotta know...

You can take it to any good Maruti workshop, and you can use SX4 petrol car consumables. Don't fall for any suspicious sounding expensive parts. It is cheaper than maintaining a Swift diesel car.
Old 30th June 2015, 11:44   #686
BHPian

Quote:
No... the sub is under the front passenger seat, always was.
Yes, you got it right. will PM you for the price. I got it serviced at motorcraft-Noida before driving to Mumbai but due to paucity of time, could not change the transmission oil and Brake oil. Service guy was of the opinion that do not change it before embarking on a long trip.

2.4 Lt has sub woofer in the dash on top of AC vents.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th February 2019 at 10:56. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 30th June 2015, 11:55   #687
Team-BHP Support

The transmission oil is not due until 40000kms, so don't worry about it.

So 2.4L has the Sub in the dash, that is interesting. It also has 6-CD changer, right?

How was your drive experience from Delhi to Mumbai? BTW, your location says Delhi, that is a bit confusing.
Old 30th June 2015, 14:35   #688
BHPian

Quote:
The transmission oil is not due until 40000kms, so don't worry about it.

So 2.4L has the Sub in the dash, that is interesting. It also has 6-CD changer, right?

How was your drive experience from Delhi to Mumbai? BTW, your location says Delhi, that is a bit confusing.
Manual says 40,000 Km or 4 years so was planning to change. It does have a 6 CD changer.

Drive was pretty interesting as I was also exploring the car, acceleration at higher speed is really good, you have to keep a watch on speedometer else you will be easily doing insane speed. I felt that post 40-50kmph, car gains momentum really quickly without any indication so it is important to keep an eye on the speed. I did Delhi-Mumbai in 22 hours, we were 2 drivers. End of the journey, there was no fatigue and this was after i had only 5-6 hours of sleep cumulatively in last 2 days preceding the trip.

I have been in Mumbai for more than 5 years now, never changed the location on the forum.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th February 2019 at 10:57. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 30th June 2015, 16:38   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Man. Where are you based in Mumbai. I would like to see your GV. Are you going to change the number to MH or going to leave it as is. Thats one of the reasons i am hunting for a MH vehicle.Reduces unwanted stress on the wallet.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 30th June 2015, 18:16   #690
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, you got it right. will PM you for the price.
Still awaiting your PM.

BTW, the other white Grand Vitara in Udupi is on sale. It is a 2008 2L model with 42,000kms and KA-19 plates. Call this number for details: +91-9964069204

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks