Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2019, 08:02   #1396
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP [14 years & 150000kms]

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
First impressions of sound quality is that it is a lot lot better than OE HU. Google Map navigation works fine -- just like you would expect. Steering control work perfectly (and can be mapped to new functions as well on HU)

Overall happy! More after using for a few weeks.
Cost and full name model of the unit?

Last edited by Samurai : 5th April 2019 at 09:38. Reason: Adding context to the question.
Old 5th April 2019, 13:37   #1397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
This was specially ordered through a friend for two of us. Yes I have also fitted the same in my GV and it is awesome With the updation of Google Maps I am even having a pop out navigation which is super kewl.

Instal news app to catch up on news while stuck in traffic. Just loving it.

Cost wise I am guessing with proper import and GST bill ~25k landed in India, maybe little lesser. Will check with the friend and update.

Edit: Adding some images of how the reverse cam image is and the minimal window of google map with the app update.

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-9a7f00b7479d4d9595fa56bad1ce346e.jpeg

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-1c74eff6d8d7451e8d2defb988e68489.jpeg

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-b56fc79cc9c047d3b0f7949e97c14550.jpeg

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-88e702db9275475cb76e654bf27e7978.jpeg

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-8b5224c50eb74c35a0c894dfe626a549.jpeg

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th April 2019 at 13:43.
Jaggu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 18:42   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Sudev Ji

This can be ordered through AliExpress too :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andr...60432e0eGcfyX8

I for one have a Phisung E06 rear view mirror mounted unit which has front and rear cameras, 4G Sim Slot for hotspot, remote monitoring and tracking in addtion to all that this one does. That costed me about about $ 110 on Ali-Express :

Styler
Old 6th April 2019, 10:12   #1399
BHPian

Over the past 1 year I have consciously tried to minimise use of Google maps for the following reasons:-

1. You start loosing your conventional navigation skills as also a sense of direction.
2. Google maps nowadays tries to take you on the shortest route. If you do not know the city you are driving in it is actually a problem. And invariably it takes you through extremely small lanes and Jhuggi Jhopdis. Just to save a minute or two at some traffic light. That is a big problem in a large vehicle like the Grand Vitara.
3. If one is returning to the hotel at a different time it selects a different "so called optimal" route. Now that is a bit of a bother in a strange city, with heavy traffic, as one at least has some idea of the previous route.

I am also looking to upgrade my existing 1 Din head unit to a double din one. The requirement is for ease of handling music playback.

Some of the units I have shortlisted are:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...79913eadBvmTsr

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/IPS-...312a2e0eXd8bcD

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Euna...312a2e0eXd8bcD

My primary requirement is that there should be a SD Card slot in the front panel itself. And a good audio amp chip in the circuit.
Old 6th April 2019, 11:38   #1400
BHPian

Hello guys,
Can anyone please tell me what's average life of clutch and pressure plates on an automatic grand vitara. Mine is a 2007 model run about 100 thousand kms and do I need to check for the wear and tear of the clutch and pressure plates......
Old 6th April 2019, 12:07   #1401
BHPian

I have been using this head unit for 3 years and has been issue less. Runs on Windows CE , not as dynamic as an android unit and still does the job well.

Navigation supported by Map my India , has a sd card slot at front which I am using for navigation maps though can be used to load music , video files as well.

Built in memory of 128 MB for music , had two separate connectivity for USB pen drives and one connector for Ipod.

Full connectivity with steering wheel control, look and feel like a OEM unit.
Attached Thumbnails
The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-img2470.jpg  

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-img2473.jpg  

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-img2475.jpg  

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-img2476.jpg  

aditbelw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 12:33   #1402
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
I have been using this head unit for 3 years and has been issue less. Runs on Windows CE , not as dynamic as an android unit and still does the job well.
I have the same one since 5 years. It is long in the tooth, quite buggy too. Maps are old and not nearly as good as Google.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 12:51   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I have the same one since 5 years. It is long in the tooth, quite buggy too. Maps are old and not nearly as good as Google.

I have not faced any issue with this unit and have been a charm without any bugs. As, for the maps it cannot do an OTA hence i always update the MMI sd card every 6 months. You need to pay a small amount to MMI to be able to download and save it on the sd.

No doubt about Google maps being better. They are the best! I have an android in another car which works very well with a drawback being that Android OS cannot be updated, which has been verified by the chinese manufacturer I purchased it from on alibaba.
Old 7th April 2019, 10:24   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hello guys,
Can anyone please tell me what's average life of clutch and pressure plates on an automatic grand vitara. Mine is a 2007 model run about 100 thousand kms and do I need to check for the wear and tear of the clutch and pressure plates......
Based on my discussions with my Service Manager I can say that you need not worry, about life of the plates, at 100k kms. And unfortunately opening up of the AT gearbox to replace the clutch plates will cost upwards of Rs. 2 lakhs. So you can take better care of your AT gear box as follows:-

1. Has the AT box oil been changed previously?
2. Do you get jerky gear shifts, particularly up-shifts from 1 to 2 or down-shifts from 4 to 3?

A. If oil has never been changed get it changed asap. A typical oil change will need 3 litres of AT synthetic oil. After 6 months and a minimum of 2k kms running repeat the oil change.

B. If oil change has been done previously then change the oil once only.

C. If you are facing jerky shifts do the following:-
i). Add a transmission cleaning fluid after the first oil change. I used the
following:- https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Then use the vehicle extensively and allow the additive to clean out your valve body. After 6 months go in for another oil change. Depending on how your box behaves you may or may not add the additive again.

I am planning to use either of these additives for my Santro AT box. They can be used in the GV also:-
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0002KKTTU/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
https://www.amazon.in/Lubegard-60902...4612013&sr=8-9

Please note that you are adding between 400 to 800 cc of oil when you use these additives. So correspondingly reduce the oil you fill up at the time of oil change.
sridhar-v is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 14:48   #1405
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post

I am also looking to upgrade my existing 1 Din head unit to a double din one. The requirement is for ease of handling music playback.

Some of the units I have shortlisted are:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...79913eadBvmTsr
My suggestion is this, its running on Android 9 and from the looks of it very similar to what we got. So fitments should be straightforward, connectors et all seem to be exact same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hello guys,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post

1. Has the AT box oil been changed previously?
2. Do you get jerky gear shifts, particularly up-shifts from 1 to 2 or down-shifts from 4 to 3?
=====
Please note that you are adding between 400 to 800 cc of oil when you use these additives. So correspondingly reduce the oil you fill up at the time of oil change.
I second what Sridhar has mentioned. First step is to get the ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) checked. The replacement interval for countries like India is 30,000 kms. If this is first time it is being replaced, suggest doing one more change after about 10,000 kms.

There is no pressure plates etc in the GV AT transmission, its slush box with impellers etc which makes it costly to repair.

Last but not the least, any reason why you have asked this question in the first place?

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th April 2019 at 14:53.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 09:05   #1406
Distinguished - BHPian

Those looking for NGK iridium spark plugs for their 2.0 GV can buy it from Amazon India. It seems that NGK has directly listed itself as a seller on Amazon so the question of fake NGK spark plugs should not be there.

The prices also seem very reasonable and much less than what is quoted in open market for NGK iridium plugs.

The link for GV spark plug is here on amazon
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 09:48   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Those looking for NGK iridium spark plugs for their 2.0 GV can buy it from Amazon India. It seems that NGK has directly listed itself as a seller on Amazon so the question of fake NGK spark plugs should not be there.

The prices also seem very reasonable and much less than what is quoted in open market for NGK iridium plugs.

The link for GV spark plug is here on amazon
My vehicle was fitted with NGK. IFR5J11 iridiums in 2015. And heat range "5" seems to be the approved level for the 2L engine in the MASS spares system.
The OE plugs cost upwards of Rs. 1K. So the Amazon pricing is very good.

Please post your feedback on the performance with the "6" heat level plugs.
Old 11th June 2019, 17:40   #1408

Planning to get the fluids & plugs changed on the Vitara. the list goes as below, can anyone suggest if there is anything I have missed.

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-picture1.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 13th June 2019 at 17:55. Reason: Post fixed - grammar.
Old 13th June 2019, 17:08   #1409
GRV
BHPian

AC not working in GV 2007 model

Hi,
Last week my A/C stopped cooling. Went to ASS in Gurgaon. They have quoted astronomical price. Their diagnosis is change compressor along with a few other parts.

Could you please recommend a good A/C mechanic preferably in Gurgaon ? Can you also advise what could have gone wrong with A/C What are symptoms of Dead compressor as claimed by ASS

Thanks

GRV
Old 13th June 2019, 17:55   #1410
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
The following link has been posted by a senior distinguished member of the forum.

You could take the car there for a check up

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...w-delhi-4.html (Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi))
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks