Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2007, 14:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Deepan to the Cedizens Club,
You are right. I too have seen all colors but, Yellow. (though old Lancers are there with Yellow color)...
Let yours be the first on Chennai Roads. Drive safe.
-> GSHA, Thanks for the info. Sure we will share our exp.
Old 12th December 2007, 18:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Deepan, I am sure you will love your Cedia and the fact that you are one of the few exclusive people who own a yellow Cedia.

Talking about delivery, why is it taking so much time for your car to be delivered? What is your waiting time after booking? I though that delivery took just about a week's time. In fact when I got my car, I was told I could have it in 4 days, which I did!
Yeah its correct for all variants (all colours except yellow). they dont keep it ready. they start production only after booking. So its like customized car and u can call this as poor man's Lamborghini :-)

Both lancer & cedia yellow takes 15 days waiting time.
Old 13th December 2007, 11:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
It takes 60 minutes to home of 17 kms. and out of that about 45 minutes in either First or Second gear.
U are Lucky. Here in mumbai it takes me 60-75 mins to cover 6.5 km way back home from office in the evening .
Old 13th December 2007, 11:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
Yeah its correct for all variants (all colours except yellow). they dont keep it ready. they start production only after booking. So its like customized car and u can call this as poor man's Lamborghini :-)

Both lancer & cedia yellow takes 15 days waiting time.
A poor man's Lamborghini it is! Very true. I am sure it must be hard waiting for the D Day.

Meanwhile, do you plan any upgrades on the car like ICE or tyres? A few members have upgraded the tyres to Michellin PP2 and are very happy with the improved handling and performance. You will get the best exchange price when the stock tyres are brand new.
Old 13th December 2007, 13:20   #20
BHPian

I agree with Maibaa. It'll be good to upgrade the tyres immediately after delivery.
I upgraded the tyres from stock Bridgestone Potenz RE88 195/60R15 to Michelin PP2 205/60R15 for 11K extra.
The improvement in both ride and handling is considerable. The road noise has also reduced considerably, particularly small road irregularities like the concrete road joints are not so audible now.
There may be a slight loss in FE, but I usually get 10km/lit in Pune traffic which I'm happy with.

And the way it handles in ghat sections is pure bliss ! :-)
Old 14th December 2007, 10:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyodi Backster View Post
I agree with Maibaa. It'll be good to upgrade the tyres immediately after delivery.
I upgraded the tyres from stock Bridgestone Potenz RE88 195/60R15 to Michelin PP2 205/60R15 for 11K extra.
The improvement in both ride and handling is considerable. The road noise has also reduced considerably, particularly small road irregularities like the concrete road joints are not so audible now.
There may be a slight loss in FE, but I usually get 10km/lit in Pune traffic which I'm happy with.

And the way it handles in ghat sections is pure bliss ! :-)
You guys are tempting me a lot boss. already i'm freak on these things.

believe i'm gonna completely run out of my cash after my car delivery :-)
Old 28th December 2007, 11:06   #22
BANNED

Doea anybody have a Cedia with the LPG kit? How is it?
Old 4th January 2008, 23:10   #23
BHPian

Yes I have got one recently. There is a slight buzz with the LPG mode. With the petrol, this buzz goes off.At best, the buzz is best described like the diesel engine, however the amplitude is a fraction of it. I am at 600 kms. So am looking forward to eliminating it on the first service. The ICE setup suffers from the windshield antenna. The NVH level is excellent. The FE on gas is 8.5 kms. Hope this helps.
Old 4th March 2008, 09:08   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Ghose View Post
Yes I have got one recently. There is a slight buzz with the LPG mode. With the petrol, this buzz goes off.At best, the buzz is best described like the diesel engine, however the amplitude is a fraction of it. I am at 600 kms. So am looking forward to eliminating it on the first service. The ICE setup suffers from the windshield antenna. The NVH level is excellent. The FE on gas is 8.5 kms. Hope this helps.
HI Joy

I am looking to buy a Cedia ALPG variant - Have couple of questions
1. How much does the boot space suffer ? - Can we still open to the boot from the back seat ?
2. The tank itself weighs 22 KG - How does it affect the handling ? I know one can fill 22 liters less petrol to overcome the weight - but still curious -

- I had a Petra 1.6 earlier which had a very good handling - so just panicky on these little things
thx
harish
Old 4th March 2008, 15:11   #25

Jyodi,
How has your experience with the Mitsubishi/HM dealer in Pune been? I believe J Williams in East Street is the only one we have
Joy,
Is the noise peculiar to your car or is it a feature of ALPG Cedia? I drive a LPG WagonR and Santro, both with local LPG kits fitted, and there is no difference in sound in LPG mode, only a very slight drop in power
Keatann
Old 6th March 2008, 14:35   #26
BHPian

1. I could manage to have a 5 day vacation in Goa from Mumbai with three people. Enough boot space. Yes it can be accessed from the back seat.
2. There is no difference in Handling. With some real hard driving, I could get a range of 975 kms with petrol and LPG filled up and going down to zero lpg and petrol to the refill level alarm. The refill alarm for petrol comes on at 12 ltr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harifire View Post
HI Joy

1. How much does the boot space suffer ? - Can we still open to the boot from the back seat ?
2. The tank itself weighs 22 KG - How does it affect the handling ? I know one can fill 22 liters less petrol to overcome the weight - but still curious -

- I had a Petra 1.6 earlier which had a very good handling - so just panicky on these little things
thx
harish
Quote:
Originally Posted by harifire View Post
HI Joy

thx
harish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keatann View Post
Jyodi,
How has your experience with the Mitsubishi/HM dealer in Pune been? I believe J Williams in East Street is the only one we have
Joy,
Is the noise peculiar to your car or is it a feature of ALPG Cedia? I drive a LPG WagonR and Santro, both with local LPG kits fitted, and there is no difference in sound in LPG mode, only a very slight drop in power
Keatann
The noise is no longer present after the first service. The LPG works perfect and I have got an average of 11 on it in the last week.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th March 2008 at 14:41. Reason: Please use EDIT & Multiquote instead of making back to back posts
Old 6th March 2008, 17:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keatann View Post
Jyodi,
Joy,
Keatann

So far, my experience with J Williams in Pune is good.
They offered a good corporate discount of 25K (Oct 2007).
The technical staff also seems to be ok. they did a good job while fitting the Fog lamp kit on my Cedia Spirit (It involved replacing the dashboard panel to fit the switch)

The Mitsubishi guys seem to be well informed about the cars compared to the ones at Honda or Toyota showrooms. (Honda showroom guy told me not to go for white color as it heats up more !! )

During pre-purchase, Mitsubishi guys called me multiple times for the TDs/discussions which Honda or Toyota guys never did.
I had to return a stock tyre because of some cut on the rubber, J Williams took it back without a single question.
Old 15th June 2008, 19:39   #28
oss
BHPian

RajaTauras: What's your mileage figures now that you have ridden your vehicles for more than 6 months.
Also how is the service in Chennai with the new dealer coming in place of ACT?
Cheers,
Old 16th June 2008, 12:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Well, Its been long since I updated this post. Sorry folks, short of time..
I have done about 6000 kms in my Cedia and the mileage is just around 9+ within City.
And New Dealer In Place of ACT..??? Man thats news for me. Lemme check this out and answer you back. (In fact, I never had to call them for anything for this trouble-free machine since the 6 months service and didnt even know there's a new one)..
Old 16th June 2008, 13:01   #30
BHPian

Which fuel are you using Raja?
I am getting above 10kmpl with normal fuel (usually HP). And it is consistent
I plan to change to IOC Xtrapremium

Most Viewed