Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 09:27   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Did you guys, megger and raja, had aftermarket horns on your cedia? that may be a reson for the problem cropping up.
I am running with stock horns. My hrn switch assembly finally got replaced couple of months ago. Good to have a car on road with horns, but I once again learned to use them very sparingly!
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:58   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
I am running with stock horns. My hrn switch assembly finally got replaced couple of months ago. Good to have a car on road with horns, but I once again learned to use them very sparingly!
Thanks Megger, I could gather that once Raja said that he had stock horns on his cedia. I was not very happy with the stock horns.. so changed them to Bosch sometime in October. However, I also bought the third year warrenty for my car around that time. I hope that I dont face any problem but if I do I guess I will have the extended warrenty to back me up.

Moreover, in cedia, horn being at the center of the steering refrains one from using it. So, its anyways used sparingly.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:33   #108
Senior - BHPian

@ megger,
Yes, I am still running on Stock Horns, and IMO, when I press it full and suddenly, it sure is loud enough to scare the butt of the two wheeler that tries to squeeze in front.
One thing I noticed is - the horn is less louder when my music is on. Or may be it is just a Audible Illusion!
Did any of you guys notice this? when the Music is off, the Horn is definitely loud enough that I didn't feel the need to change it.
Old 21st November 2011, 11:39   #109
BHPian

2 year / 40,000 km service costs

@RajaTaurus,

Could you please let me know the 2 year / 40,000 km service cost? I'm being told it will cost about close to Rs 8k.
Old 26th February 2012, 20:28   #110
BHPian

Re: Cedia SPIRIT - running report - now 5000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Well, well, Finally, at last, Maya Motors fixed the my car steering assembly with Module, and Airbag on my car yesterday. Under warranty and the Invoice read INR. 46,429.33.
Thanks Gods it was under warranty and I paid Null. I now have extended warranty until next September, and don't know what if the horn goes bonkers after that. Probably I would buy myself a MOMO Steering at that time.
How did the replaced steering hold?

Mine had issues too, but not like yours.

Aquest here is replacing the entire steering column assembly tomorrow.

More on my thread!
Old 27th February 2012, 09:29   #111
Senior - BHPian

The steering assembly is the same. they only replaced the internals that included the switch for the horn and the SRS Airbag assembly. They put back the wheel with its cover.
But during the repairs, I had the entire assembly that rotates, replaced by a black assembly. So, I don't have experience of removal of entire steering column.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 12:45   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
How did the replaced steering hold?

Mine had issues too, but not like yours.

Aquest here is replacing the entire steering column assembly tomorrow.
Sir, your car's steering column is Kaput. In Raja Sir's car, the air bag assembly (on which horn pad is placed) was kaput. You will get the same steering wheel and airbag. Only the steering coulmn under the hood will be replaced. Also, make sure that you get the tie rods and ends checked. Kaput steering column would have shed extra load on tie rods and ends. Get them chaned under warranty if needed.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 27th February 2012 at 12:46.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 12:58   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Sir, your car's steering column is Kaput. In Raja Sir's car, the air bag assembly (on which horn pad is placed) was kaput. You will get the same steering wheel and airbag. Only the steering coulmn under the hood will be replaced. Also, make sure that you get the tie rods and ends checked. Kaput steering column would have shed extra load on tie rods and ends. Get them chaned under warranty if needed.
Thanks GC, I am ready to bet my car that there is a bigger problem under that red hood.

I have just updated my thread as you replied.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks