Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2007, 14:22   #16
BHPian

Welcome to the world of Fiat,world of fun.
nice write up dude.great choice and lovely color.
sad to know about the crash but no matter bro $*** happens always.
about the engine bay washing ,I dont think there would ne an issue ,B.U.B's guys always cover the ecu by a plastic and wash my engine bay but better not to do it on every service but its not like that you cant wash it at all.
Old 18th November 2007, 14:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

really intimate write up. All the best. I'm sure you've made the right choice. DOnt bother about the lovers of other brands. Its just that their priorities are different.
Old 18th November 2007, 18:55   #18
BHPian

Hi Codemarauder,
The car looks great specially the grey colour! Sorry to hear about the accident. The F.e. looks good. Enjoy your big small car!
Cheers
Old 18th November 2007, 21:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Excellent choice of Car and Color too!

Sorry to know about the mishap, but **it happens and envitable on our Indian roads!
Get it repaired at a Fiat ASC, they will restore it to new state!

Drive safe & Have fun!
Old 18th November 2007, 21:57   #20
BHPian

Congrats on you car buddy thats unique color for Stile 1.6. Yeah scraches and dents are part and parcle of owning a car. Cheers.
Old 18th November 2007, 22:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Choice!

Hey Bro,

Fantastic choice of color and the car. Sad to hear about the accident. Do keep us posted on the repair work and hope that she gets back in shape real soon.

Take care and drive safe.
Old 18th November 2007, 23:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice ride, Love those stile grills.

So sad to hear about that bus incident. are they gonna replace the whole back door or just the outer panels?
Old 19th November 2007, 08:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
Power Steering and turning radius
----------------------------------
Unlike Santro or Alto, power steering can not be turned with a single finger. At the first instance you don't feel if it is a power steering at all but the moment you push a little, its altogether a different story. Because of this, you don't feel like driving in a zig-zag manner cutting lanes between moving vehicles.

U-turn needs prior planning because of 5.1 meters of turning radius. Even then I did not find any problem in putting the vehicle in parking slot in a single go.
The turning radius is indeed very very high for such a small car . Power steering may be a bit tight but get her to curves and then she will tell you why its so . Your car's colour looks pretty cool .
Old 19th November 2007, 11:36   #24
BHPian

I suppose the FE is decent, almost the same I'm getting on my Sport. I got 9.6 kmpl on my second tank full(100% AC)

The first few days the turning radius was an issue, now I am kind of adjusted & calibrate myself automatically. Its just a matter of time.
Old 19th November 2007, 18:22   #25
BHPian

awesome colour dude.........congrats!! i hv always loved the palio 1.6 n this version is even better. damn those bus drivers .......may a thousand rabid blood sucking maggots infest their genetilia
Old 20th November 2007, 10:02   #26
BHPian

Thanks to all for your best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh08 View Post
When I bought in August, they only had black and red. How did you get grey? What colours are now offered?
I had seen a Mag Grey Stile Sport on road in Gurgaon but dealer kept telling me that its available only in red and black. Eventually, I ended up booking a Red one but emailed fiat-india about this. Same day dealer called me up to confirm if I want to change the color. Of late I read on some post here that Stile Sport is offered in all the colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
did u say, the dealer says change the rear door ? or just repaint ? dont thing the damage is large enuf to change the door
Dealer says to change the rear door and rear fender, although it is not a big damage. I am sure he is telling this as he knows I will get full insurance coverage and he can make a big profit that way. Also, we are not yet sure if the impact affected the side-impact beams of the door.

Is it going to affect the insured value of my car if I claim insurance? All I know is that I will not recieve any no-claim-bonus that anyway comes around 2000 bucks. I think changing the doors is a good idea to restore it to brand new condition.
Old 20th November 2007, 22:34   #27
BHPian

Hey code, Nice colour.

Sad to see the damage. But dont worry it will again look new when you will get the all damaged parts replaced.
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:15   #28
BHPian

Repair update 1

Dhingras did not have ORVM in stock. So went to Vivek Auto in Delhi today. Mechanic said, only glass needs to be put while spare comes as a full assembly which was costing around 2000/= including painting, labour charges and taxes.

He suggested to arrange something by himself and as I was in a hurry to get it fixed, fell for it. It was not a glass for Stile, but a Palio. He charged me 600 bucks for this.

It was good to see that they had more than 5 dedicated service bays for Fiat and there were a lot of Fiat cars lined up for service.
Old 22nd November 2007, 20:33   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
Dhingras did not have ORVM in stock. So went to Vivek Auto in Delhi today. Mechanic said, only glass needs to be put while spare comes as a full assembly which was costing around 2000/= including painting, labour charges and taxes.

He suggested to arrange something by himself and as I was in a hurry to get it fixed, fell for it. It was not a glass for Stile, but a Palio. He charged me 600 bucks for this.

It was good to see that they had more than 5 dedicated service bays for Fiat and there were a lot of Fiat cars lined up for service.
600/- for only Glass man its too much and 2000/- including labour etc for whole assembly is cheating customer man
Old 22nd November 2007, 21:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Glass costs Rs. 100 and not more.

Most Viewed