Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2007, 12:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
Dhingras did not have ORVM in stock. So went to Vivek Auto in Delhi today. Mechanic said, only glass needs to be put while spare comes as a full assembly which was costing around 2000/= including painting, labour charges and taxes.

He suggested to arrange something by himself and as I was in a hurry to get it fixed, fell for it. It was not a glass for Stile, but a Palio. He charged me 600 bucks for this.

It was good to see that they had more than 5 dedicated service bays for Fiat and there were a lot of Fiat cars lined up for service.

i remember sundaram charged me the same last time for my palio 1.2.
1.9k for the plastic housing , mechanism , glass and painting
Old 23rd November 2007, 20:17   #32
BHPian

Nice review, even I booked the same 1.6 with the same color, they have initially told that they have only Formula Red and Black. But I said to enquire then they told me that they can give Magnisium Grey but need to wait for 20 more days for the delivery.
Old 24th November 2007, 19:13   #33
BHPian

Nice Review and color "Magnesium Grey" Looks really good.

Have you done the repair yet? Do post some pitcures after repair and tell us about the cost incurred.
Old 26th November 2007, 17:22   #34
BHPian

BUSA is right. just a glass replacement will not cost you more than 100 to 125 for the local aftermarket replacement. The original glass is around 525/- and you do get a glass separately. Dont get conned into buying the whole ORVM unless you actually require to change it. You could also check Orix in Udyog Vihar. They are also an authorised Fiat service center.
Old 26th November 2007, 17:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic looking car dude. Sorry to hear abt the accident, there's considerable damage below the B-Pillar. I hope they do a good job of repairing your car.
Old 15th January 2008, 17:44   #36
BHPian

5700 kms update

The car has done 5700 kms by now. No issues as such. No highway driving in the past month, but mileage in city is between 10-12.5 kmpl. Even I am wondering how could it managed 12.5kmpl. I am upshifting at 1900 rpms and rarely go beyond 2200 rpm. Most of the time it revvs between 1500-2000 rpm. I turn the engine off whenever there is a stoppage time of 30+ seconds.

Last weekend I tried to revv the engine high. Found an empty stretch of road and pushed it to 80kmph in 2nd gear and I don't have words to explain the feelings. It turns into a beast but never goes out of control. Its really addictive

I have a school friend who had interest in cars and driving since childhood. He had bought NHC in Aug'07. When I told him that I have bought a Palio 1.6, he told me straight forward that he is not impressed. I wanted to say - "dude, I did not buy it to impress you" but left it for later. This Sunday, visited him and lured him into test driving it and minutes later it was a different story altogether. He was singing all praises and admitted that he had never driven a Palio ever before and his judgement was just on the basis of hear and say.

Today left the car with workshop for body repair jobs. I was driving the damaged car since Diwali and because of busy schedule could not leave it for repairs. When I visited dealership 10 days back, service advisor advised me not to leave the car in the workshop until spares arrive. They placed order with Fiat and I emailed service@fiat.com with the order no. Spares were delivered within 3 days of dispatch. Repairs are said to take 3-4 days only.

Now, after signing all the papers for insurance claim, I was told that since I hold a driving license issued from Allahabad RTO, car is registered with Gurgaon RTO and is insured in NCR, it will take 3 months for verification of my driving license's authenticity and hence the claim settlement by insurance company. Service advisor advised me to get a license issued by local RTO in order to pace up claims in the future. If I wish to take car away as soon as it is ready, I need to pay by my own pocket and wait for cheque from insurer to arrive although the dealership has cashless facility with the insurer - The Oriental Insurance Company.

Is it something really complicated? It seems like Haryana and UP are different countries altogether. Getting a visa for Pakistan would have been much simpler than claiming insurance What should be done in such a case? Any suggestions?
Old 15th January 2008, 21:25   #37
BHPian

Quote:
The car has done 5700 kms by now
in less than 2 months. thats great. Keep munching those kilometers Happy Driving
Old 15th January 2008, 22:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

do keep us updated on the body work .. and looks like you are having fun with the car , keep at it
Old 18th January 2008, 12:30   #39
BHPian

Body work update

Dhingras were very quick in working on the car. And they told that since parts were in stock, so it did not take much time.

Visited their body shop today and found new door fitted, dents removed and car being prepared for painting. Here is a snap

I am told to take the car tomorrow by noon. Insurance claims worry is also resolved. They have cashless facility and I just need to pay the difference/depreciation amount.
Old 20th January 2008, 11:37   #40
BHPian

Yay!

Finally got it back yesterday afternoon. Fit is really fine from the outside. Rear Right door changed and quarter panel and front right door repaired. Only thing that is missing is the B-pillar styling strip. But since unpainted door was black, its really hard to make out any difference. Will see if I can get it at some accessory shop.

Door costed 9649.78 + 12.5% VAT (1206.22) which comes to 10,856. I was told its costlier by Rs. 300 as compared to Indica's door. Other repairs (welding, denting, painting and plastic parts) costed 7,000. I had to pay only INR 1250/-.

Test drove on really bad roads and there was no rattling anywhere. So as of now it seems they have done a good job. The place where Dhingra's have their workshop, has a couple of more service stations (Apra Auto for Maruti, one for Toyota) and the road leading to them is in such a really bad shape that people sitting in Safari sway sideways heavily. I guess they have deliberately made it that way, so that we customers can test our cars as soon as we come out of their garage and take it back if there is something

Full marks to Dhingras this time for being punctual and sincere. Till now my experience with Tata-Fiat A.S.S. is really satisfactory but for the 3 days wait for parts to arrive. I sincerely hope that this problem will be solved once they have good number of cars on the road.

Before:

After:

Old 21st January 2008, 10:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

nice and clean job , congrats m8
Old 21st January 2008, 14:15   #42
BHPian

RPM @ 100 km/h ?

Guys,

Could you tell me what your RPM level range @ 100 kmph in 4th & 5th ?

I'm a bit worried as its near 3000 in 5th for me
Old 21st January 2008, 14:20   #43
BHPian

Hey JishD, i dont think there is any problem....it looks correct...I have observed that when you cross 80 kmph in 5th the RPM is near 2500.
Old 21st January 2008, 14:45   #44
BHPian

JishD, Mine does 80 kmph at around 2200 rpm in 5th gear, so I think 100 kmph should come somewhere near to 3000 rpm. Will test and let you know.

On a lighter note, received a call from the workshop asking if I am satisfied with the work and how many marks would I give them out of 10 if there is a feedback call from Tata Motors! Looks like they are really playing safe with me after having been bitten by my feedback earlier
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:39   #45
BHPian

so is it not advisable to wash the car yourself due to water entering the ECU.....can the experts explain to me this

Most Viewed