Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 22:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Good going Codemarauder.

Impressive FE figures esp in City.
Old 12th January 2009, 23:50   #77
Senior - BHPian

very impressive FE figs , do post some recent pics to refresh the thread .

Happy Driving!
Old 13th January 2009, 15:24   #78
BHPian

Codemaruader, Impressive FE figures there. Congrats!

I see only a picture of a motor and a fender in your thread. It's high time you shared full picture of your beauty.

Last edited by Autocop : 13th January 2009 at 15:28.
Old 13th January 2009, 16:17   #79
BHPian

I think this thread can be an eye opener for most of the critics who talk about mileage, thats very impressive mate !!

As suggested pls do post some pics, and let us know your exp on long drives
Old 16th February 2009, 16:22   #80

Hey Code !

Don't you think a considerable time has elapsed since you posted anything in this thread ?
As for me, I don't write much in threads but I do read with great interest.
By now, your car should have covered enough distance as to write another review.
So go ahead.
PS
Did I request to post the latest the photographs ?
Old 18th February 2009, 10:51   #81
BHPian

Hey those F.E figures are with or without A/C?
Old 12th May 2009, 16:55   #82
BHPian

37,500 kms service update

First of all, sorry for not posting on this thread for so long. Life is keeping me too stressed these days, and the car is able to handle all the stress of the city traffic, a couple of 600+ kms highway runs, visits to Agra and Vrindavan and so on...

Sorry for the pics, as I don't have a camera or a camera phone anymore. But will try to borrow one and put latest pics for sure.

So, here goes the service story. I managed to get an appointment with Dhingra Motors (how much I love them) on last Sunday. I have learnt by now, how to convince the lady on phone to allot my car's service only to Dileep or Kamraan. They are the most experienced service advisors there.

I reached the workshop at 9 am, Dileep read through the service requirements listed on the back of the Fiat Service Coupon, asked me for the additional problems that I am facing and got the job card opened in 10 mins. Estimate was INR 2400.

I was facing following problems:

* Clutch and gear shift became hard (bleeding required)
* Front suspension made "metallic click" noise on being fully expanded or compressed on speedbreakers or potholes.
* Rattles on the rear most left corner

I did not stay at the workshop this time and went on to finish off other personal tasks identified for the weekend. Dileep called up at 12.30pm and informs that there is no noise from the suspension. I reach back at 5pm to collect the car and came to know that car was ready by 1 pm itslef. Again a test drive with Dileep and no noise even after trying hard on rough patches of roads, no roads and speed(underbody) breakers.

Final bill comes to INR 1770 for Engine Oil, Filter, Battery Water, Brake oil (clutch bleeding) and labour including taxes after 15% discount on labour charges. Coolant will be changed on the next service at 45,000 kms. I filled in some feedback forms and drove out.

Car is again noiseless, smooth with all the problems resolved.

And yes, did I mention that it has got new tyres? On my last trip to Lucknow on NH-2, I had to brake hard near Kanpur in order to save a rogue biker and wheels jammed. It caused bulges in two of the GoodYear GPS2. Somehow reached Lucknow and put 4 new Michelin Energy XM 1+ 185/60/R14. Spare wheel is still the best one remaining from the GoodYears. Odo reading was around 33,000 at that time.

Michelin's are so nice, very less rolling resistance, very low noise and good grip. If the road is smooth, one feels like driving over air cushion. Braking has improved very much. Wheels to get locked on hard braking if speed is more than 80kmph, but at a very later stage.

After 1.5 years it needs to visit a bodyshop to get rid of small dents, scratches and a rubbing-polishing session, may be early next month.

So far so good, I am happy with the car, Dhingra's regular service and FIAT (typing with fingers crossed).
Old 12th May 2009, 17:39   #83
Senior - BHPian

I appreciate the fact that you are busy and in gurgaon, but I strongly recommend that you try Elegant Cars (Patparganj) or Rama Motors (Okhla Ind Area Ph-2) for service. The former has knowledgeable and committed people and the latter is trying to become the best ASC in NCR with an excellent attitude. If you go to Rama, make sure that Rakesh attends to your car. He is veteran mechanic having served Fiat ASC for the last 7 years.

I am saying this because of your "love" for Dhingra Motors.

And, it seems there is another happy Fiat owner there.
Old 12th May 2009, 18:02   #84
Senior - BHPian

You have used the car extremely well the way it should be - kudos

As for service- considered ABS? They are atleast a very hard-trying ASC. And not far from you at all. Sect 34, HH chowk
Old 12th May 2009, 18:37   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I strongly recommend that you try Elegant Cars (Patparganj) or Rama Motors (Okhla Ind Area Ph-2) for service.
I am saying this because of your "love" for Dhingra Motors.

And, it seems there is another happy Fiat owner there.
Thanks for the recommendation architect. I keep following the conversation on PUG and am aware of this. I have already recommended Rama Motors to my cousin who happens to own a 1.6 Stile too.

But, there was nothing major mentioned in the service book for this service and that's why I went to Dhingras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
You have used the car extremely well the way it should be - kudos
Very true. My friends have renamed my car to Sharma Tour, Travel, Taxi and Courier Service. I can't find the correct words, but it has become a second home for me

Ah, I forgot to mention the mileage in my last post. With the arrival of summers, mileage dropped from 12-14 kmpl to 10-11 kmpl again. Car was a bit lethargic when it ran past 6400 kms after last service. I hope to see mileage back to 11-13 kmpl range now. Will keep this thread updated.
Old 12th May 2009, 18:38   #86
Senior - BHPian

good to see another satisfied FIAT customer, so what is the FE you are getting now after the service and tyre change
Old 9th July 2009, 17:41   #87
BHPian

I am planning to buy Palio 1.6 Sports, Red

Being an ardent fan of Palio, I am presently contemplating on buying the 1.6 Sports version of Palio Stile which has blown over me with its stupendous performance ..I am used to Palio 1.2 that is presently being used by my Dad back home, so not a newbie with Palio...

Offlate I have been going through as many reviews as possible about the 1.6 version, purely for the reason that the A.S.S (atleast i have heard its much better with TATA as I have had enough experiences with TVS A.S.S)and spare part availibility concerns are bugging me deep inside, though my heart is all set for buying this hatch..

presently Concorde Bangalore has quoted Rs 5 lacs after basic discounts, which I am looking forward to negotiate further...

Your posts have been consistent and quite useful, thanks much..i hope i would be able to firm up my decision and get hold of the car ASAP

Regards
Siva
Old 12th July 2009, 03:18   #88
BHPian

hey codemarauder, guess we have crossed each other more than once in dlf ph III, i own the black stile 1.6 with the racing stripes...next time its time for a salut ! 1.6 rocks !!!
Old 17th August 2009, 01:56   #89
BHPian

45,000 kms service

Just got 45,000 kms service done today at the Dhingras. Usual fluids change, fuel/oil/air flters change, AC refrigerant level check and that's it. Total charges INR 2009/-.

Its not like there were no troubles within last 7500 kms. Engine started overheating during June. Turned out to be a blocked radiator. As car was just out of the warranty and extended warranty did not cover radiator damage by corrosion, I had to get it cleaned first at Dhingras and then at Rama Motors Delhi.

Another incident happened just last month, when I took it to Dhingras to get the suspension and radiator fan operation checked, they banged the car and damaged front and rear left lamp assemblies, front and rear bumpers and boot door. Their GM called me himself and showed me the car. They were honest in taking the responsibility of the mishap and replaced all the damaged parts. Best thing was, they had all the spares available in the stores! Bodyshop finished the job in 3 days flat.

Alternator was repaired under extended warranty at around 42,000 kms. And I had to put in a new battery - Amaron DIN 50 (4 years warranty) - that Dhingras had in their stores too. Cost - around INR 4500/-

All in all, a sweet-n-sour ownership experience till now.

Mileage figures:
* City - If I am idling at red signal with AC on or get stuck in jams, it gives me 10 kmpl. Otherwise it is 12kmpl.
* Highway - Recent trip to Lucknow in May returned a highway mileage of 16 kmpl

There is something with this car. It relieves me of all the stress and tension whenever I am at the steering.

A fun to drive car, at least I am having fun owning it too.
Old 17th August 2009, 18:57   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
Its not like there were no troubles within last 7500 kms. Engine started overheating during June. Turned out to be a blocked radiator.
What was the cause for the blockage in the radiator? Did you replace coolant at one year?

Quote:
They were honest in taking the responsibility of the mishap and replaced all the damaged parts. Best thing was, they had all the spares available in the stores! Bodyshop finished the job in 3 days flat.
First good thing I have heard about Dhingra in a long time!

Quote:
Alternator was repaired under extended warranty at around 42,000 kms. And I had to put in a new battery - Amaron DIN 50 (4 years warranty) - that Dhingras had in their stores too. Cost - around INR 4500/-
Some more details please. These electrical problems seem to be a major Fiat weakness. The battery seems to have packd up quite soon, since your car (I believe) is less than two years old. Exide strikes again, huh? Or was it the faulty alternator that spoiled the battery by over- / under-charging?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks