Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 16:05   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
What was the cause for the blockage in the radiator? Did you replace coolant at one year?
Well, no. I had read the manual many times but no where found this information Moreover, these service centers do not put distilled water, instead fill RO water.

My cousin got his radiator replaced under warranty for his Stile 1.6.

Quote:
First good thing I have heard about Dhingra in a long time!
One more good thing about Dhingras is that they honour warranty and don't dilly-dally. Rama Motors was very reluctant to replace my thermostat housing under extended warranty on a Saturday, while Dhingras sent the alternator for repair on a Saturday and submitted claim on Tuesday.

Quote:
Some more details please. These electrical problems seem to be a major Fiat weakness. The battery seems to have packd up quite soon, since your car (I believe) is less than two years old. Exide strikes again, huh? Or was it the faulty alternator that spoiled the battery by over- / under-charging?
I never suspected alternator's behaviour. Car used to start in one go, although I found my headlamps to be somewhat dimmer. But this problem was detected at Dhingra Motors again and they sent it for repair proactively. Battery was dead by the time alternator came back. They drove the car for 20 kms, even then it didn't charge. I had already read about Exide, it was already 1.5 years and battery was out of warranty hence I got it changed.

Most Viewed