Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 13:48   #31
BHPian

@mobike008: Yup, it includes the Third Party Option too. I guess AIG's doing their best to lure customers their way. Might end up with AIG or Allianz (being my current insurer).
Old 26th May 2008, 20:34   #32
Team-BHP Support

Hey RufRoc,

Can you confirm with your service advisor as to why he did not change the diesel filter ? I am nearing 20k service for my VDI and am told that this alone would cost 3k.
Old 27th May 2008, 08:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am nearing 20k service for my VDI and am told that this alone would cost 3k.
Diesel filter element needs to be changed. It costs about 900 rs. and is good to change the same at 20K kms. You do not need to change the entire filter but just the element.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:45   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Diesel filter element needs to be changed. It costs about 900 rs. and is good to change the same at 20K kms. You do not need to change the entire filter but just the element.
Exactly my thoughts. But DD motors in Delhi seem to disagree. They told me the entire filter will be changed costing about 3k. I will have to call up some other guys before deciding where to go.
Old 28th May 2008, 15:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
1) Bajaj Allianz (IDV: 375000 ... Net Premium Rs. 9850)
2) HDFC Insurance (Chubb) (IDV: 380000 ... Net Premium Rs. 10010)
3) Tata AIG (IDV: 379000 ... Net Premium Rs. 9066)
Need some info from you folks.
My insurance is due in 16 days. Current insurer is through Maruti insurance which is National and they are quoting 10098Rs for VDI.

Would like to know others, which one you have gone for in Bangalore? Will it be any issue in claiming if I move to some other insurance company which gives me better offer?
Old 28th May 2008, 16:04   #36
BHPian

@blorebuddy: Check with Jaggu, I think his renewal amounted to somewhere around 98xx /- ... that was with Tata AIG.

You can also check with Bajaj Allianz. Let me know if you need contact details for the other insurers because I'm just done with my renewal.
Old 31st May 2008, 10:11   #37
BHPian

nice review rufroc. have heard from a friend that this car zooms on highways. anyways enjoy driving your swift mate.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:53   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
@blorebuddy: Check with Jaggu, I think his renewal amounted to somewhere around 98xx /- ... that was with Tata AIG.
Thanks. I have gone ahead and renewed with Maruti insurance. (National Insurance) and costed 10110 Rs for IDV of Rs. 3,94,118
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:26   #39
BHPian

Hey guys, I just happened to pick up Kuttapan's Swift Vdi with abs, I simply love this car for what it is. It has awesome amount of torque, nice Turbo Boost after 2000 RPM, the car has decent ICE, good upholstery, etc,etc. The problem I have seen is that the mileage I got in the frist tankful was only about 10.5 kmpl, why is it so low on the mileage when the car has only done about 23000 kms, any solutions ? Thanx in advance.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
The problem I have seen is that the mileage I got in the frist tankful was only about 10.5 kmpl, why is it so low on the mileage when the car has only done about 23000 kms, any solutions ? Thanx in advance.

CHEERS,
G D
Hi GD,

How are you calculating the mileage? full tank to Full tank is the right method. I have done nearly 22000 km on my Swift D and getting an average of 19-20 kmpl. never got below 17. Getting 10.5 kmpl is bad. Can be one of the 5 reasons -

1. Measurement of mileage not accurate. Should be measured on the same pump Full to full or cutoff to cutoff.
2. Driving with frequent acceleration/braking in a heavy traffic area. Having lot of load in the car.
3. Frequent Starts/stops. if your average distance per trip is 3-4 km or less- Not giving the car time to warm up.
4. Bad quality of fuel or lesser quantity dispensed in the bunk.
5. The car itself has an issue and hence giving low mileage.

It is usually the first 4 which are the most common reasons for lower mileage. Try it out for a couple of more refills. Also do a long drive on a highway and then measure and see.
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:20   #41
BHPian

An AutoManiac's review of the Swift ... cherished!

Hey Guys, it's something I've wanted to post for a long time but just haven't got down to doing (because I was lazy to search through my archived mails). It's from a close friend of mine who's also my roommate (Deetjohn on this forum). It's from our trip to Kerala in July '07 (the first one on my Swift) and this was what he wrote later to a group of our friends.

P.S: i hope the 2 smiley rule doesn't apply here, since it's just quoted text.

================================================== ================================================== ==========

Hi Guys,
Just came back from Cochin today morning along with Rufus after clocking about 1060ish KMs in 2 days. Had a real good weekend and with Iceman freezing everyone around him, couldn’t have asked for more. Maybe a 1~2 and some alcohol… But what the hell!

Rufii boy! I got to say this, your Bee simply ROCKS! The awesome torque coupled with the astonishing economy is like having Paris Hilton as the math teacher in high school. Neva did we switch off the AC and took t pedal off the floor; still she gave the average a tad higher than 20kmpl… ‘d trust me it was not under ideal conditions… at least not while I was at the wheel for sure.

It was on the way back that I thoroughly enjoyed the car. (Hope the owner was sleeping; if not; Rufus stop reading and get back to coding :-) and sorry for hitting those gigantic potholes on the way to Cochin. The roads in Kerala are so bad, Mahabali can climb directly up into any town alongside the by-pass for Onam) The Bhavani Mettur road is pure orgasm. Superbly laid thick tarmac coupled with fast flowing corners with trees on both sides. (A bit like Finland…a bit warmer, not so tall trees and slower traffic J) It was easy finding the racing line and the Swift did well to keep us on the exciting side of a 100 KMs through out. I dint lift for corners at all, and the superb chassis along with some throttle control made her corner as if on rails. Rufii boy; get alloys fast and she will Dance! As it was dark, I could always anticipate the oncoming traffic and overtaking was such a pleasure! She had it covered in the 5th gear itself most of the time, and the occasional downshift to get past the long trains formed at the back of slow moving trucks were only marred by the not so exciting gear box. The shift is positive but not as slick as I would have liked it to be. Maybe because the Multi-jet engine is so brilliant, it just that the deficiency of the tranny is exposed. After all it was the Engine of the Year back in 2005.

The Krishnagiri ghat sections and the Hosur road confirmed my thoughts. If Fiat is getting the Stile fitted with this Engine, it would be like the son born out of the one night stand between FedEx and Nadal playing tennis! The culmination would have each and everything covered!

Have decided one thing though, if god permits my next set of wheels will most certainly have a turbo charger… I will try to do justice for all those, who haven’t experienced a turbo at full song…

The best bit is while overtaking in 3rd. we would target someone in front from as low as 40 KMs. Nothing happens for a while, but by the time we reach half car length, the turbo will kick in. then it’s as if we are being sucked into the void ahead of us. I could certainly feel the back of ma body being pressed against the seat. The 4th and the 5th are also just as impressive. Don’t get me wrong, a Palio 1.6 would be faster, but it is the anticipation of Power and the final delivery of it that makes it so exciting. Too bad that we don’t have a Tacho in her. It would have been so much fun watching the needle shooting up as on fire; every time we were in the torque band.

I have always dreamt of getting a Palio 1.6 as a gift from somebody for almost 6 years now [still going strong]… Not because it is the best car out there, but had a special place in my heart for rather obvious reasons… But now I wouldn’t complain if Santa gets me a Swift VDi instead… The car is that brilliant…

Regards,
Tjohn

Last edited by RufRoc : 3rd June 2008 at 12:24. Reason: Formatting
Old 16th June 2008, 22:19   #42
BHPian

My 1 year Ownership Report ... 28 K later

June 14th ... I turn 27 and my Swift turns 1, enough reason to sit down and reminiscene on the past year . Had a much bigger reason to smile coz of my fiance's b'day gift to me but that'll come later.

Well, it's been one long year and after running it quite hard (27933 km to be exact), I can't think of a time it's let me down. Have had a blast with it, weekend trips with friends, long drives - alone with my thoughts, family trips and it's done it all.

The engine's opened up and the rev's feel smooth. Manages to return around 20 k on the highway and 15 - 16 in the city with the AC on 90 % of the time. Well, it just doesn't give you a reason to complain. The only grouse that I can think about is the build quality which manifests itself in those rattles but then I've just got so used to it, that I sometimes have to remind myself that cars are not 'supposed' to rattle

Now for the promised update, my fiance gifted me a Pete's tuning box on my B'day and goes without saying that it's certainly going to be one of my most cherished gifts. I'd absolutely no idea what her gift was going to be and it was such an awesome surprise. Funny part is when she asked me to guess, my guesses were 'Mobile Phone Holder', 'Car Stickers' , boy ... was I off target.

Got the Tuning box installed today alongwith the Greens Cotton Wind Air filter coupled with a dynamissation kit. The Filter (alongwith the kit and installation charges) came to 5850 Rs. Am yet to really test it on the highway, though I feel the driveability has certainly improved e'en while driving within the city. Am not talking about speed here, just about the ease and range of rev's within each gear. Can't wait to give it the beans, probably over the weekend. One quick question, the installer stuck the Tuning Box to the battery, just want to check if that ok? Also, can someone enlighten me about the 3 settings that are available, how do I change it?

So, finally here's a toast to all Swift-ers & Pete-ed owners out there, the party goes on ... CHEERS *clink*
Old 16th June 2008, 22:28   #43
Team-BHP Support

Congratz rufroc, you are a very lucky person indeed to have such a sweet fiance Will await further updates after petification.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:20   #44
BHPian

Installation Pics

Guys, here are some pics post-installation.

It's a Greens Wind Filter with the dynamissation kit, along with the Pete's Tuning Box.

The Break-up is as follows,

Pete's Tuning Box - 28000
Greens Filter - 3800
Dynamissation Kit - 1750
Labor charge - 300

A quick question, the Tuning Box is currently stuck to the side of the battery, is that ok?
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel (LDi) Ownership review: 2 years and 53000 km later-dscn3114.jpg  

Swift Diesel (LDi) Ownership review: 2 years and 53000 km later-dscn3115.jpg  

Swift Diesel (LDi) Ownership review: 2 years and 53000 km later-dscn3113.jpg  

Old 19th June 2008, 04:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
Hey guys, I just happened to pick up Kuttapan's Swift Vdi with abs, I simply love this car for what it is. It has awesome amount of torque, nice Turbo Boost after 2000 RPM, the car has decent ICE, good upholstery, etc,etc. The problem I have seen is that the mileage I got in the frist tankful was only about 10.5 kmpl, why is it so low on the mileage when the car has only done about 23000 kms, any solutions ? Thanx in advance.

CHEERS,
G D
There is something really wrong with the mileage you are getting. Please use tankful to tankful method. I used to fill her to the brim and then drive around so that a bit of the fuel is used up so there is space for it to expand. And then fill again to the brim, so there would be no error in calculation. usually from the same pump as well.

I used to get 15 kmpl in regular Bangalore traffic, 13.5-14 if it involves serious stop go traffic. Highway runs always yeilded 17.5+, going as far as 23 when traffic conditions permitted and I drove with a light foot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks