Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 08:57   #1
BHPian

Palio Stile 1.6 Sports (Formula Red)

Its been 15 days since I have my Stile 1.6 home and off these 15 days i got to drive it for 8 days. Now my Km count has 740.
I had to wait for 3 long days to drive my car. Brought it on 7th, now i was not the one who drove it home. As per my parents
8th 9th and 10th werent auspicios so could not drive the car. But I was allowed to click pics and check my car( I feel lucky for that). All i did on these days was going through the Users Manual.

Then came Sunday the 11th. 97 was the count on Odometer when I started off on Sunday for my first drive.
Only cars that I got to drive prior to this point was a Maruti 800(at driving school) and a Ambassador(I prefer driving an Amby over 800).
We got the pooja done at 7:30Am on 11th and headed to a relative's marriage cerimony. I was a 60km(to and fro) long drive. I been through topics related to "Running_in" period and knew the limits. 2500 RPM seemed a lot to me, I was more than happy driving it below 2500 RPM. Was wondering what can this car do if it crosses 7000 or if utilizes to the max that would be mind blowing. Yeah I still maintain that. Agreed that am not expert but for a person like its a dream come true driving a beast like this. Then i realised that there is lot more to be explored in this dream.
I like the way it sticks to road. I need not metion bout its built quality, so well built. Loads and loads of space. 3 adults can comfortably sit in back. No shortage of leg room and head room for 6 feeters. AC was chilling I had to switch it off for a while.
I had great time riding it. This one was mix of both city and highway.
My 2nd ride was on 12th when I took to my work. I stoped by Secret Lake here is what i did..
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2086/...0f8a745fca.jpg
Got lot of compliments at work for the way this beast looks. All of my collegues were drooling over it. They were shocked to find so much space in the car. But most of them were bugging me bout its being low mileage car. I asked them to check users review on Team-Bhp.com. They were pretty impressed with the RED color of the car.
I was lill worried if I can handle my car in traffic. But there were no issues it behaved so well in the traffic and guys i was shocked to see so many heads turn as I moved on. I was 100% satisfied and sure that i have got beautiful beast.
I took it to work for 4 days so that I can get used to it. I realised that I was driving it pretty well on day 2. But still I had to take it to work "Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahi". It been smooth ride all 4 days.
I planned to go for a long drive on 17th a place around 120 kms from Hyderabad known as Mehboobnagar along with my collegues.
We planned to start off at 8am but I forgot that others follow IST and our journey begun at 8:30am. I picked up my collegues at BanjaraHills and drove off towards Banglore highway. It took us a hour to reach the open road. None of us had BreakFast so we stoped by to Break our Fast and few clicks
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2095/...053996f689.jpg
Trip meter read 28kms by then.
A 30 min break and we were back on road.
Its pretty good road a 4 lane and half of it was under construction.
On the way to destination I managed to keep the RPM below 2500 and achived a max of 90kmph @ 2500 RPM in 5th gear. I had that greed to rev it more but I some how kept it undercontorl.
I had few reasons to stop by..
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2118/...51741efe9a.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2052/...362f3ff5ed.jpg
When we were just around 4kms away from our destination we reached a lill milestone..
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2276/...79ca938c62.jpg
After reaching the destination we spent a half an hour there and started our journey back.
We stoped by for lunch though it was not that great place to be.
Then again set off to Hyd, this time it was different i could not control my greeed for speed and couple of times I crossed 3000RPM and once 4500 but again I kept the speed below 95. Now am worring is that gonna hurt my car?
By the time I reached my home after droping my collegues Odometer showed 670kms and Trip meter had 260kms.
Old 22nd November 2007, 09:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Then again set off to Hyd, this time it was different i could not control my greeed for speed and couple of times I crossed 3000RPM and once 4500 but again I kept the speed below 95. Now am worring is that gonna hurt my car?
Nice car !

Pushing to 4000rpm from a cold start or the initial 100km or so would have been more harmful. In your case I reckon there is not too much to worry about considering the engine had allready run a fair bit and would have been heated nicely. The idea is to subject it to varying speeds and gear shifts than one consistent speed.

Enjoy the car and try to stick to 2000-2500 RPM till your first service though

Last edited by s0uljah : 22nd November 2007 at 09:31.
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:23   #3
BHPian

nice car there,like the colour, keep your feedback on the car updated as you munch kms on it... run it smoothly as long as you have patience even till 5K kms & see how it opens up later...
would love to trade my palio 1.2 for stile 1.6, but with punto launch so close can't get excited enough to see the punto in flesh...

FIAT, always....
Old 22nd November 2007, 12:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice car & pics . Red looks too good. Don't be too harsh on the car till your first service. Maintain around 2500 rpm. Then this car will give a good service to you in the coming years. Enjoy the ride pal.
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:14   #5
BHPian

An update.. 795kms

On 18th a friend of mine called up asking for a ride. I said that that right time to get it reviewed by experience guy. He owns a Swift VDI. I tought that it would be perfect because I saw most of people comparing Diesel Swift with Stile 1.6.

I reached his place by 6:30 and then we left for testing my car. We drove around 15 kms. His driving stiyle is totaly different that made me that there is a lot more that I can get out of this car. He was pretty happy by the way the car accelerated in 5th gear and the engine sound.

After the drive we took out his car for spin. I have been in his car before but never paid attention to details. Infact its his ICE thats been distracting me and never allowed me to pay any attention to other interiors. I liked its interiors, complete black dash. Infact i liked the shape of the dash simple and straight. I still feel my stile should have got a black colored dash. Gear shift was pretty cute but I like Palio's gear shift better. Felt Swift falls behind Palio on space front.

Car performed pretty well, it does justify the 87 horses that it has got under the bonnet. I never let me feel that I was driving a Diesel car. Noiseless and smooth unlike diesel. Yeah I know Diesel technology have been improved a lot but still theres something that makes me say "Diesel huh" Pardon me Diesel lovers "Dill Hai Ki Manta Nahi".
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Nice car !

Pushing to 4000rpm from a cold start or the initial 100km or so would have been more harmful. In your case I reckon there is not too much to worry about considering the engine had allready run a fair bit and would have been heated nicely. The idea is to subject it to varying speeds and gear shifts than one consistent speed.

Enjoy the car and try to stick to 2000-2500 RPM till your first service though
Got that. Am managing to keep it below 2500 but its just couple of times that i crossed that limit. Thanks for suggestion.
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
nice car there,like the colour, keep your feedback on the car updated as you munch kms on it... run it smoothly as long as you have patience even till 5K kms & see how it opens up later...
would love to trade my palio 1.2 for stile 1.6, but with punto launch so close can't get excited enough to see the punto in flesh...

FIAT, always....
Are you kidding me? Till 5000kms :O Stress will kill me.

Guys do I need to keep low revs(i.e 2500k) till 5000k?

I was planinng to open it up after 1000kms, am I wrong?

Yeah Punto looks stunnign and promising.
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:35   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Nice car & pics . Red looks too good. Don't be too harsh on the car till your first service. Maintain around 2500 rpm. Then this car will give a good service to you in the coming years. Enjoy the ride pal.
Agree with you thx for the suggestion. I will follow that.
Old 24th November 2007, 01:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

1000 is ok. keep it till 3k rpm till then. 3k rpm is enough to get you to 110 in 5th so i think thats enough
Old 24th November 2007, 08:17   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
1000 is ok. keep it till 3k rpm till then. 3k rpm is enough to get you to 110 in 5th so i think thats enough
You mean 3000RPM till 5000Kms?
Old 24th November 2007, 10:24   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Car performed pretty well, it does justify the 87 horses that it has got under the bonnet.

Its the petrol Swift that has 87 horses. The diesel has 75.
Old 24th November 2007, 11:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean 3000RPM till 5000Kms?

i mean keep revs to under 3000rpm till 1000kms . another 200kms right ? :P most engines these days are factory run in so its not needed for the most part but it never hurts to run in for a bit.. plus my mileage improved a lot over the first 2000 kms so i guess some running in is needed.
Old 24th November 2007, 13:42   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Till 5000kms :O Stress will kill me.
yep keep revs low as long as possible... trust me on this.. my 1.2 after following what i said is simply brilliant... i never drive my car during 1st start of the day before i touches 800 rpm from 1100 rpm.. i.e 1 min idling, all said does this has done a world of good to my car... its super silent & on a recent drive back from maddhur coffee day with 4 of my friends on board i was doing 130 with AC without being too harsh on the pedal... thats the pay back,... my friends who are lancer fans were were shocked to see a 1.2 do that at low revs of around 3000 - 3500 & car being super silent... talking from experience.. car has clocked 9k & everyday drive gets on you...

FIAT , always......
Old 24th November 2007, 16:44   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Its the petrol Swift that has 87 horses. The diesel has 75.
I thought it was the way around. Thanks for correcting me :d

Last edited by guyonblackybx : 24th November 2007 at 16:45.
Old 24th November 2007, 16:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
i mean keep revs to under 3000rpm till 1000kms . another 200kms right ? :P most engines these days are factory run in so its not needed for the most part but it never hurts to run in for a bit.. plus my mileage improved a lot over the first 2000 kms so i guess some running in is needed.
Till day i have kept RPM under 3000

Now my odo has 895kms another 105 kms more :P

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks