Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2007, 11:39   #46
Team-BHP Support

Amazing FE of 17.9 on the highway

Last night went to Durgapur (around 180 Kms from Kolkata) and back. The total distance covered was 379 Kms and the car drank 21.16 Litres of petrol. Thats an amazing FE of 17.91 kmpl
Old 6th December 2007, 11:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Last night went to Durgapur (around 180 Kms from Kolkata) and back. The total distance covered was 379 Kms and the car drank 21.16 Litres of petrol. Thats an amazing FE of 17.91 kmpl
1. Up and down trips both at night ??
2. You maintained average < 140 ?
3. Without AC?

I had once got 14.74 with 100% AC on the same route with max speeds around 120.
Old 6th December 2007, 12:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

@ Shuvc - Nah! He said that speeds were around 80-90! Very strange innit?

O.T. Doing the same trip tomorrow night in the Silver Bullet. Will surely try to figure out the FE!

Last edited by shuvd : 6th December 2007 at 12:21.
Old 6th December 2007, 12:22   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
1. Up and down trips both at night ?? yes
2. You maintained average < 140 ? avg. speed was about 70 and max was 120. but mostly maintained between 90 and 100
3. Without AC? 100% non ac

I had once got 14.74 with 100% AC on the same route with max speeds around 120.
sorry for not giving the details while stating the figure . answers are in line in bold...
Old 6th December 2007, 20:46   #50
adc
Senior - BHPian

One of the best reviews that I have come across on this site, the intensity is there in each and every word. Any big tours coming up in 2008?

Searched but could not find any of your travelouges, simlipal or sikkim.
Old 6th December 2007, 21:40   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

BlackPearl, feels goood to see such a well maintained car. Loved the snap in the first post post in this thread.
Quote:
BlackPearl : finally this is the road in Rinchenpong (Sikkim) that I had mentioned where even this Sumo was struggling. a baleno can tackle quite steep inclines

Unlike the Baleno, that Sumo's trying to pull 2+ tonnes with approximately the same torque as the Baleno. And the engine in this Sumo should only have about 68 horses.
Old 6th December 2007, 23:12   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
One of the best reviews that I have come across on this site, the intensity is there in each and every word. Any big tours coming up in 2008?
thanks a lot adc for the compliment. about a tour in 2008, nothing is chalked out as such. wifey and I have huge plans stacked up but anable to realise them due lack of time and fund . Two of them are - a mega trip of Rajasthan and a leh-ladakh trip. the Rajasthan one will be possible in the baleno but might have to get hold of anther car for the leh-ladakh trip. moreover wifey and I are planning to go for an onsite stint for an year or so to save up some money. all in all no plans yet...

Quote:
Searched but could not find any of your travelouges, simlipal or sikkim.
did not write any travelogues of Sikkim and Simplipal. trying to make it a habit to write travelogues after becoming an active member of t-bhp, though my writing skill su***. here is one that I managed to write about the Kolkata Hyderabad trip in August this year -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ad-baleno.html

Quote:
BlackPearl, feels goood to see such a well maintained car. Loved the snap in the first post post in this thread.
thanks condor.

Quote:
Unlike the Baleno, that Sumo's trying to pull 2+ tonnes with approximately the same torque as the Baleno. And the engine in this Sumo should only have about 68 horses.
actually there should be no comparisons between the two. realised that while going to Ravangla where we had to park our car at the basement of a hillock but the sumos where getting up there pretty easily. and why not, they are rear wheel drive cars and have tremendous advantage over the front wheeled ones on steep inclines.
Old 7th December 2007, 00:02   #53
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wifey and I have huge plans stacked up but anable to realise them due lack of time and fund . Two of them are - a mega trip of Rajasthan and a leh-ladakh trip. the Rajasthan one will be possible in the baleno but might have to get hold of anther car for the leh-ladakh trip.
Same here with funds and time . And me also planning on Ladakh/Leh. Careful driving should see you through; one person I knew did it with an Esteem.

Quote:
did not write any travelogues of Sikkim and Simplipal. trying to make it a habit to write travelogues after becoming an active member of t-bhp, though my writing skill su***. here is one that I managed to write about the Kolkata Hyderabad trip in August this year -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ad-baleno.html
Yes, I have read the hyd-kol travelogue.

Simlipal was one place that I almost decided but dropped then on seeing condition of two of my wife's relatives after having cerebral malaria - they barely made it through.

Decided on mid Jan tour most probably to Kuldiha Sanctuary and then on to Satkosia gorge.
Old 7th December 2007, 12:04   #54
tez
BHPian

hey blackpearl, amazing and heart felt review.
Looking at t-bhpians review of baleno, no wonder few balenos are available in used car market.
I liked the sound of your car in the video. Please someone upload the sound clip. I might as well want to make it my ringtone .
Old 9th December 2007, 04:55   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
hey blackpearl, amazing and heart felt review.
Looking at t-bhpians review of baleno, no wonder few balenos are available in used car market.
I liked the sound of your car in the video. Please someone upload the sound clip. I might as well want to make it my ringtone .
thanks @tez for the compliment
Old 9th December 2007, 08:33   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BlackPearl : actually there should be no comparisons between the two.
True. Let's not compare them.
Quote:
.. they are rear wheel drive cars and have tremendous advantage over the front wheeled ones on steep inclines.
BlackPearl : Under such specific circumstances, for similarly spec'd vehicles, the RWD is better & will help. But like I said, these beasts are under-powered for their weight, and the weight they are made to carry.

Looking forward to more from you. More trips, more reports.
Drive Safe.
Old 10th December 2007, 00:26   #57
Team-BHP Support

Update: 40K service done this Saturday

Yesterday got the 40K service done for my car. The cost incurred was Rs.3460. Heres the breakup -

Parts -
1. Spark Plugs BKR6E 4 pieces (MGP) - 231.48
2. Fuel Filter (SGP) - 187.22
3. Oil Cap - 48.17
4. Cylinder Assy Rear Wheels 2 pieces (MGP) - 263.05 X 2
5. Pad Set Front disc brakes (SGP) - 1077.98
6. Brake Fluid - 149.04
---------------------------------------------
Sub Total - 2219.91
Vat @ 4% - 88.80
Sub Total (Parts) - 2368.71

Labour -
1. Paid Serice - 675.00
2. Front Disc Brakes and Rear Brakes - 350
Sub Total - 1025.00
Service Tax @ 12% - 123.00
Edu Cess on Service Tax @ 3% - 3.69
Sub Total (Labour) - 1152.69

Net Bill Amount (Rounded) - 3460.00
Old 10th January 2008, 15:14   #58
Team-BHP Support

3500 Km in one month

Today is 10th Jan, exactly one month after my car clocked 40K, and now it is showing 43,636 Km. Recently did a 10 day trip to Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Gangtok in my car with 4 adults. Not once did it create any problem in the hills with so much load and I am yet to write the travelogue. But one thing is for sure, the more I am driving this car the more I am becoming a fan of her . Baleno rocks....
Old 10th January 2008, 15:27   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today is 10th Jan, exactly one month after my car clocked 40K, and now it is showing 43,636 Km. Recently did a 10 day trip to Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Gangtok in my car with 4 adults. Not once did it create any problem in the hills with so much load and I am yet to write the travelogue. But one thing is for sure, the more I am driving this car the more I am becoming a fan of her . Baleno rocks....
Excellent BP, eagerly waiting for your travelogue...and also the road conditions in detail...

Abhi
Old 10th January 2008, 15:38   #60
Senior - BHPian

Oye Polished Dome! Feels really good that you are in love with this beauty she is indeed beautiful. take care of her.

Now where is the travelogue? Keep enjoying this beauty and hope to see you soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks