Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2008, 01:45   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
So that's 247kms in 3hrs. IMO you would normally do it quicker. Just to give you an idea why I'm saying this.

Last christmas I did 220kms (IIRC) door to door; Kolkata Asansol in 2hrs 45m (started 930am ish) and 2hrs 50m Asansol Kolkata (started 2pm ish)

This with family, a 5 min break each way, and never crossing 120.

.... Maybe if the Verna was around during your return
Maybe I can do it faster on better tires and fresh mind. Could not afford to push the car on semi bald tires and without a nap in the last 20 Hours

Quote:
ps: How is the road from NH-2 to Maithon? Does that take time?
its quite good
Old 18th March 2008, 02:19   #77
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
It is better to travel on NH34 at night or early morning as the roads are less congested. After 10 o clock all the villagers seem to flock on the highway and it is very difficult to maintain a steady pace.
Yes, this does seems to be the best way to lessen the troubles, will try these hours next time. Local/state buses are the other daytime hazards.
Old 18th March 2008, 11:49   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice short report BP. So you spent only 2 hours in Maithon. What was the purpose of the visit? just a fun trip?
Old 18th March 2008, 12:06   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hmm. At 2 years, 9 months, I have done only the 20K km service for my Baleno. You sure drive around a lot, BP.
attend more TEAM BHP meets and u will clock more mileage !!
Old 18th March 2008, 12:29   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice short report BP. So you spent only 2 hours in Maithon. What was the purpose of the visit? just a fun trip?
there was an ad from mobil 1 where they mentioned - Cars love to run ..... So this trip was my gift to BlackPearl on her 3rd Birthday, a relaxed 500 Km trip on an excellent highway
Old 18th March 2008, 13:42   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
there was an ad from mobil 1 where they mentioned - Cars love to run ..... So this trip was my gift to BlackPearl on her 3rd Birthday, a relaxed 500 Km trip on an excellent highway
Excellent BP, This shows how you love the baby !!
But that 60kmph thing is really beyond doubt to digest as the other day while chatting to shuvd, he told that you cannot tolerate anybody overtaking you, How can an Amby?

I suppose that was your love for the car that made you sacrifice that one urge for just 250km.

Abhi
Old 18th March 2008, 14:01   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Excellent BP, This shows how you love the baby !!
Abhi
Thanks abhi. will post the pics of Maithon soon.
Old 26th March 2008, 00:47   #83
BHPian

Hi Blackpearl,

I am impressed with the review that you hae written about your Baleno. YOu surely helped me in finalizing which car I need to buy.

I had an option of buying a second hand baleno 2006 VXi or Swift VDI. I always wanted Baleno as that is one of my dream car to own. My heart always felt the need to own n run one. But i was actually torn in between the two cars. Mind said Swift (Convience of Diesel) but heart said Baleno. Could not decide anything. But after reading your review on your baleno I decided to go with my heart. And hence today I purchased the car for me

Its a black colour model Vxi one. Closed the deal for 3.45lacs which I think is a good deal for this model of the car.

I wanted to know what should be the first step that I should do to mod the car. On Saturday I am going to replace all the lubes of the car and get it serviced at some authorised service station.

But I wanted to know what else should I be working on the baleno. I am interested in the K&N filter for this car so please suggest. Also wanted to ask you what mods have you done in your car to make the sound so sweeeeeeeeettttttt.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 26th March 2008, 17:00   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Blackpearl,

I am impressed with the review that you hae written about your Baleno. YOu surely helped me in finalizing which car I need to buy.

I had an option of buying a second hand baleno 2006 VXi or Swift VDI. I always wanted Baleno as that is one of my dream car to own. My heart always felt the need to own n run one. But i was actually torn in between the two cars. Mind said Swift (Convience of Diesel) but heart said Baleno. Could not decide anything. But after reading your review on your baleno I decided to go with my heart. And hence today I purchased the car for me

Its a black colour model Vxi one. Closed the deal for 3.45lacs which I think is a good deal for this model of the car.

I wanted to know what should be the first step that I should do to mod the car. On Saturday I am going to replace all the lubes of the car and get it serviced at some authorised service station.

But I wanted to know what else should I be working on the baleno. I am interested in the K&N filter for this car so please suggest. Also wanted to ask you what mods have you done in your car to make the sound so sweeeeeeeeettttttt.

Regards,
Kailash
Thanks a lot Kailash and congrats to you for the Baleno. I am not very sure what mods can be done to the Baleno, the gurus can help you out. My car has very little mods, only a K&N Filter and an FFE from Electra Performance (Chennai). IMO the level of mods depend on the amount of money you are willing to pay to extract certain level of performance. The mods that I know of are Filter, FFE and Head Job which will take the bhp level close to 110. After this the heavy modifications to the internals of the engine can be done but I have no idea about them. You can also look for turboing your car. All the best with your mods and do keep us posted.
Old 26th March 2008, 17:43   #85
Senior - BHPian

BP, whats the current Kilometer reading? I am sure it has gone far beyond the original 40k at the time this review was written.

My Baleno has just crossed the 40k mark, of which I have done about 27k - All this in 1 year and 3 months .
Old 26th March 2008, 18:24   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
BP, whats the current Kilometer reading? I am sure it has gone far beyond the original 40k at the time this review was written.

My Baleno has just crossed the 40k mark, of which I have done about 27k - All this in 1 year and 3 months .
Its 475xx Kilometers now. 27 K in an year is very good, I managed to do 24 K during the first year.
Old 26th March 2008, 18:36   #87
BHPian

BP/Tbhpian Gurus - Can you explain me what is a Head job and how is it done.

Also can anyone throw some light on Green CAIs and K&N Performance filter. Which is better and what is the cost of these things. What is the difference between both.

BP you live in Kolkata then how did you get the FFE from Chennai. Any source that I can use too for my baleno.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 29th March 2008, 20:04   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday got the 40K service done for my car. The cost incurred was Rs.3460. Heres the breakup -

Parts -
1. Spark Plugs BKR6E 4 pieces (MGP) - 231.48
2. Fuel Filter (SGP) - 187.22
3. Oil Cap - 48.17
4. Cylinder Assy Rear Wheels 2 pieces (MGP) - 263.05 X 2
5. Pad Set Front disc brakes (SGP) - 1077.98
6. Brake Fluid - 149.04
BP, does the manual recommend brake pad and spark plug replacement at 40K service? Its a bit unusual that you got them changed.

Quote:
BP/Tbhpian Gurus - Can you explain me what is a Head job and how is it done.
Why dont you ask your GF/spouse? .. just kidding.

Quote:
BP you live in Kolkata then how did you get the FFE from Chennai. Any source that I can use too for my baleno.

Regards,
Kailash
Even Shrivz got his FFE done in Bangalore and got it shipped to Pune. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...my-baleno.html
Old 30th March 2008, 07:48   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BP, does the manual recommend brake pad and spark plug replacement at 40K service? Its a bit unusual that you got them changed.
Yes, Spark Plug change is recommended in every 20K km. Dont remember about brake pad but i think it is better to change at 40K specially when you do lots of highway / high speed driving.

I changed all spark plugs / oils at 20K service for my Alto. Suspension / brake pads were fine then but I told my service engineer, change it if there is any slite defect. he told, "no issues", We will decide at 40K service.

Abhi
Old 6th April 2008, 00:53   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The manual recommends about the spark plug change at ever 20 K as ABhi has mentioned but I am not sure about the brake pad. I think it has to be changed on inspection, but will check it once. Mine had to be changed as there was almost nothing left and any further delay would have resulted in damaging the discs. Maybe the time interval should be greater in most cases but my driving can blamed for the premature wear.

Most Viewed