Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2008, 07:35   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Typical running in 100 - 150 kms more like it.

500kms is what I was told while procuring the F1 GSD2's. Quite in sync with 300miles recommended for the BF Goodrichs and Yoko's in US. The idea is to not have ecessive heat/hotspot build up in the tyres within that time frame to bed in the entire compound. Hence care must be taken not only while cornering but also in straight line speed (which causes heat buildup).

One thing that Inoted on the Yoko was that the car was initially very skittish (even while putting the power down, maybe the previous set had become slicks and was generating a lot of grip in the dry). Was actually worried, till it magically settled down.

Last edited by 1100D : 27th April 2008 at 07:39.
Old 9th June 2008, 01:57   #122
Team-BHP Support

Achieved a milestone - 50 K Kms in 3 years 2 Months

Reached 50000 Kms today while parking the car at home.. it feels like reaching a milestone. Today I met another tbhpian dip27in who has joined recently and drove his Indica 2000 lei which has clocked 1,61,000 Kms. Hope my baleno is able to reach such figures before petrol vanishes from this earth..

Last edited by BlackPearl : 9th June 2008 at 02:02.
Old 9th June 2008, 02:10   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Great review - heartfelt ones are the best to read.

Some suggestions:

1. Those mudflaps! Pl consider the regular moulded type
2. Some nice tints
3. Some nice fat tyres
@theMag - at last I have been able to do the changes mentioned by you many months back except the tints...
Old 9th June 2008, 09:29   #124
BHPian

Congratulation black perl...

My "silverqueen" baleno will be completing exactly 2 yrs on 6th june 08. I have exact figure of 22367 on my odometer. for some it may not be great mileage in two years but considering the fact that I am the only driver in our family ( the problem is my silverqueen doesn’t allow anyone else to ride/drive her...hahahaha) and I spend more than 182 days in a year out of India, its good mileage that I clocked in a year, you will agree.

Just like black pearl I too was disappointed with looks when i bought it,
(you may refer my detailed report
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Review, Maruti Suzuki Baleno Price, Mileage, Killer Looks II - MouthShut.com)
i guess baleno did have problem with paint finish. of all the cars maruti sells and have sold, baleno has the worst paint sheen. Even a year old alto outshone a brand new baleno.
But negating all this looks and bottom scrapping, my silverquuen surpassed every other expectation and glows like beauty that she is even after two years of some rough treatment.
I love driving hard ( read - distance of 400 kms from riverview hotel chiplun to thane in 4 hrs or from kolhapur to thane in 3 hrs 40 minutes)
Especially I love to dive in and out of fast moving traffic ....
So next time you see that silver streak zoom dangerously close to your car you know who to blame...
Maximum speed clocked 160 kms on super express highway when I reached from thane to chandani chowk pune in 1.75 hrs flat.
No I am not boasting or trying to show off, If I sound so then pls excuse me.. all I want to say is the car is so responsive that she cajoles you in driving her faster.. at least in my case I just sit behind the steering and silverqueen drives herself.
………..
I just survived a major scare last month on my journey back from goa. On my way back from goa just after the check post once you enter maharashtra i was clocking 120 kmph and suddenly a truck in opposite lane turned in, to cross the road. I left a mile long mark of scorched tire when i hit the brakes but never once the car severed she stayed planted firmly arrow straight. Not only the speed, stability and pick up but even breaking is one of baleno's strong points
To the great delight of my better half after this scare, i have sobered down and i like to now just putter around Mumbai, thane traffic and the amazing engine of baleno makes that possible very much possible even in 4th gear without any need of down shifting. Actually it is this ability of baleno during my test drive hooked me on to baleno or I was completely "fida" over fiesta.
So guys that’s my “silverqueen”…….

Last edited by GTO : 3rd February 2009 at 13:21.
Old 1st February 2009, 16:50   #125
Team-BHP Support

I am saying with a heavy heart that I have sold off my Baleno. A guy from Bangalore has bought her and will soon drive her down to Bangalore from Calcutta.
Old 1st February 2009, 18:11   #126
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see the fastest Baleno in Calcutta leave the city. Farewell old friend.
Old 1st February 2009, 20:05   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I am saying with a heavy heart that I have sold off my Baleno. A guy from Bangalore has bought her and will soon drive her down to Bangalore from Calcutta.
So BP is leaving Kol for the Garden City. Is the guy a TBHPian? Then probably we can see it in the next meet here.

Welcome BP to Bangalore.
Then what will be your handle now? You are no more Black pearl, isnt it?

Abhi
Old 1st February 2009, 20:43   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Why did a guy from Bangy buy a Car from Calcutta? He will have to pay road tax here again isn't it? Are prices really low in Calcutta compared to Bangalore? What price did you sell your mate?
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:40   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Sad to see the fastest Baleno in Calcutta leave the city. Farewell old friend.
Was it really the fastest?? time for a debate.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
So BP is leaving Kol for the Garden City. Is the guy a TBHPian? Then probably we can see it in the next meet here.

Welcome BP to Bangalore.
Then what will be your handle now? You are no more Black pearl, isnt it?

Abhi
No, the guy is not a tbhpian yet, but will ask him to become a member so that he can participate in the meets.
I am not sure about the handle, but will have to buy another black car once I go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Why did a guy from Bangy buy a Car from Calcutta? He will have to pay road tax here again isn't it? Are prices really low in Calcutta compared to Bangalore? What price did you sell your mate?
I think a similar spec car would have cost more in Bangy.. I sold my baleno for 3.4 lacs.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 2nd February 2009 at 21:42.
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:20   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was it really the fastest?? time for a debate.. lol

but will have to buy another black car once I go back
Yup, fastest Baleno in town.

Another black "car"..
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:49   #131
Senior - BHPian

The very fact that I wasn't seeing her was sad, infact driving in Calcutta turned very boring without our chance sightings from time to time. Now this is adding salt to the wound.

But on the positive side, "black" is avalable with many a worthy, if not better replacements. Atleast we will spend a few days in anticipation of the mystery black car.
Old 15th February 2009, 12:01   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
The very fact that I wasn't seeing her was sad, infact driving in Calcutta turned very boring without our chance sightings from time to time. Now this is adding salt to the wound.
I think I would never be able to sell her if I was in Calcutta. Since I am so far away that I have still not realised that I no longer own her. I will get a shock when I go back and do not see her standing in the garage.

Quote:
But on the positive side, "black" is avalable with many a worthy, if not better replacements. Atleast we will spend a few days in anticipation of the mystery black car.
No mystery that my next car will be an SUV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks