Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 11:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

djbobo, I see you have taken it to the hills, where is the travelogue.
Old 7th December 2007, 11:41   #17
BHPian

Congrats DJBOBO

So Team-bhpians buying off the TATAs stocks huh. Tatas should sponsor a big party for this forum we have already bought like what 5-6 2.2VTT's till date.

Congratulations DJBOBO have a great time with your beast. ENJOY!

CHEERS!
Old 7th December 2007, 11:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
djbobo, I see you have taken it to the hills, where is the travelogue.
Coming soon... Was a hell of a journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Beautiful Colour there mate !!!

I see you have already been using the Safari for what it is meant - Where are these pics shot ?
Thanks. Pics are shot deep inside the Corbett National Park.

The Safari was put to full use on NH 24 from Delhi to Rampur, which has become more of a dirt-track with all the construction and then on NH 121 (which is a jungle road through Corbett - lonely desolate and at places hardly a road let alone a national highway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
Tatas should sponsor a big party for this forum we have already bought like what 5-6 2.2VTT's till date.
I think many more than that.

Last edited by Zappo : 7th December 2007 at 16:45.
Old 7th December 2007, 15:59   #19
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
So Team-bhpians buying off the TATAs stocks huh. Tatas should sponsor a big party for this forum we have already bought like what 5-6 2.2VTT's till date.

Congratulations DJBOBO have a great time with your beast. ENJOY!

CHEERS!

On the last count, it was close to 15 Dicor 2.2 in around 1 month of its launch, i.e., till around 15/16 November, calculating the launch date from the day I got it - 15th October. The total now should be close to around 20-23.

A Leh-Ladakh tour sponsorship is long overdue from TATA.
Old 7th December 2007, 17:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Beautiful color. Think abt how the Savannah backdrop would look against this car. Its during times like this I wish I was rich rather than good looking.
and more slimmer and less of a drunkard

Nice color.

Whats the difference between Lx and Ex? The roof blower is there in Ex but does it have a separate condenser or sort?
Old 7th December 2007, 17:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Whats the difference between Lx and Ex? The roof blower is there in Ex but does it have a separate condenser or sort?
Its a separate unit.

Here is the complete list:

1. Tubeless tyres,
2. Driver seat height adjustment
3. Keyless entry with immobilizer
4. Electrically operated fuel lid opener.
5. Rear demister.
6. Rear - roof mounted ac
7. Fog lamps
9. Beige interiors and cubic printed centre console
10. Body coloured claddings

and last but not the least

11. Blaunpunkt HU with unbranded horrible sounding speakers
Old 7th December 2007, 17:31   #22
Team-BHP Support

Belated congratz!! but the skoda horns wont go with the truck, get some good roots red grill or similar.
Old 11th December 2007, 16:03   #23
BHPian

Just hit the 2K mark. Have been driving it to work everyday. If any of you have seen peak hour traffic on MG Road, you know what my Safari goes through every single day.

Have been doing this journey for more than four years now but the drive seems much nicer now. The roads have become smooth as silk and the call centre cabs don't drive as bad. People don't overtake from the left suddenly appearing before you and neither does the maddening jam tire you.

Am on my third tank full of diesel and the needle doesn't seem to move. I used to drive a NHC (which you know is not a fuel guzzler) but the Safari FE amazes me. I spend the same amount on fuel but it lasts me twice as long.

I can feel the power under the hood and wait for any open stretch that I get. Love to be the first off the red light and see the traffic in the rear view - am sure left wondering WOW! Was that the Safari?
3rd and 4th gears are the best. Just floor the accelerator at any speed and see the bear become a cat.

More later..
Old 11th December 2007, 16:54   #24
Team-BHP Support

Can you check under the truck to see if you have an oil leak
Old 11th December 2007, 17:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey, congrats on your new love - nice pics too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post
Have been doing this journey for more than four years now but the drive seems much nicer now. The roads have become smooth as silk and the call centre cabs don't drive as bad. People don't overtake from the left suddenly appearing before you and neither does the maddening jam tire you.
Yeah, I know the feeling since I do the same commute. But one IRRITANT (or should I say irritantS) remain - the two wheelers who will always overtake from the left, then cut across your width & then, for inexplicable reasons, slow down dramatically!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Can you check under the truck to see if you have an oil leak
TSK, don't scare him

Last edited by suman : 11th December 2007 at 17:04.
Old 11th December 2007, 17:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Just hit the 2K mark. Have been driving it to work everyday. If any of you have seen peak hour traffic on MG Road, you know what my Safari goes through every single day.

Am on my third tank full of diesel and the needle doesn't seem to move. I used to drive a NHC (which you know is not a fuel guzzler) but the Safari FE amazes me. I spend the same amount on fuel but it lasts me twice as long.

I can feel the power under the hood and wait for any open stretch that I get. Love to be the first off the red light and see the traffic in the rear view - am sure left wondering WOW! Was that the Safari?
3rd and 4th gears are the best. Just floor the accelerator at any speed and see the bear become a cat.

More later..
so the speed bug has bitten you as well my friend thats good. Seems like this beast is meant to just zoom I think people don't realize this, especially the unsuspecting sedan guys haha. Anyways enjoy yourself and be safe.

Cheers!
Old 11th December 2007, 17:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
feels good, doesnt it?

@ TSK - check under hat for brain fluid leak.
Old 11th December 2007, 18:02   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
@ TSK - check under hat for brain fluid leak.
I have a solid state brain, much more reliable than Tata, so no question of leaks. However short circuits may happen.
Anyways this problem of oil leak seems to come up with lots of members. Its not a bogeyman, its a real problem.
Old 11th December 2007, 18:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a solid state brain, much more reliable than Tata, so no question of leaks. However short circuits may happen.
You're free to short circuit yourself.

Quote:
Anyways this problem of oil leak seems to come up with lots of members. Its not a bogeyman, its a real problem.
Oh I've had my oil leak too. Lasted a week after a particular service at Prerna Motors, Bangalore. Took it back to them and they fixed it plus replaced oil. It was more an irritant than a real problem - it doesnt pour out oil.

However an irritant can become a real problem if not taken care of, like many other things in life. It then requires punitive action.

Last edited by Steeroid : 11th December 2007 at 18:18.
Old 13th December 2007, 13:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on you purchase the color also looks great.

BTW what FE are you getting? Please share the same with us!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks