Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2007, 14:31   #31
BHPian

hey congrats man...welcome to safari club..
Old 14th December 2007, 12:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
hey congrats man...welcome to safari club..
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Congrats on you purchase the color also looks great.

BTW what FE are you getting? Please share the same with us!
Thanks. Something around 13 - city driving, heavy traffic, no AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Can you check under the truck to see if you have an oil leak
Can't see anything. All seems ok (till now).
Old 14th December 2007, 13:42   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
jkdas : Whats the difference between Lx and Ex? The roof blower is there in Ex but does it have a separate condenser or so
djbobo : Its a separate unit.
Can you run the roof unit separately, independent of the setup on the dashboard ? AFAIK, the blower in the roof unit will work independently, but not the cooler (& Cooling functions).

Last edited by condor : 14th December 2007 at 13:49.
Old 14th December 2007, 13:48   #34
Team-BHP Support

The floor unit(rear) which is in both LX and EX is powered from the front AC coils.
For the roof unit there are separate cooling coils.
Old 15th December 2007, 10:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post
Thanks

Thanks. Something around 13 - city driving, heavy traffic, no AC.

Can't see anything. All seems ok (till now).
----------------------------------
Djbobo:

Ex has beige coloured interiors. With the present level of pollution in practically all cities/ towns, driving w/o Ac AND WINDOWS open does not seem to be good idea.
The beige will turn to brown / black very soon
Old 15th December 2007, 12:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
----------------------------------
Djbobo:

Ex has beige coloured interiors. With the present level of pollution in practically all cities/ towns, driving w/o Ac AND WINDOWS open does not seem to be good idea.
The beige will turn to brown / black very soon
Nothing that some water and detergent cant take care off

On a serious note - its a two tone beige one is light brown the other a littler darker shade. The darker one does not get too dirty but the lighter one does. So my driver has too work a little harder to clean it.

But driving the Safari with the windows rolled down on a cold winter Delhi night - hmmm is something that needs to be experienced to believe.
Old 11th January 2008, 18:42   #37
BHPian

3000 Kms

3000 Kms 2 highway trips and five full tanks of Xtramile later driving the Beast still makes me happy. I'd rather get stuck in a traffic jam in my beast than anything else.

2 issues faced till now:

1) Leaking break oil

Was getting an amp fixed and the accessory guy had the bonnet open. Noticed brake oil splashed all over the fluid contained and had even dripped on some hose pipes under it.

Took a tissue and wiped the container clean from the outside. From the look of it, it seemed like a big spill, however the container had enough break fluid. Checked a day or two later and it seemed fine.

I guess when the beast went for service someone must have topped up and spilled a lot of it, not bothering to clean up. Cant think of any other reason - level is stable.

2) Reading light cover fell off

Was driving on a smooth road and suddenly bam!! something fell on my side. Saw it was the cover on top of the reading light. It has 5 locks three on one side and two on the other. The three were intact however the other two were broken. One of these two seemed missing from before and the other one had cracked because of which the cover fell off.

Damn! how is this possible? Who is to blame for this? Manufacturer, Vendor, Dealer? My first brush with the famous Tata quality.

Have been reading about a lot of people using Normal diesel and feeling a difference. Am gonna fill that next time.

Cheers
Old 12th January 2008, 18:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Yes, some who already switched have reported smoother running and lower noise levels with normal diesel.

Quote:
Have been reading about a lot of people using Normal diesel and feeling a difference. Am gonna fill that next time.

Cheers
Old 12th January 2008, 21:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Good to see almost no issues from the beast! I am sure TATA have worked out well with new Safari. Safari is really VFM SUV in india.

About Fuel indian Diesel cars/SUV run best on normal Diesel and new Petrol cars (post 2005) run best on Premium Petrol but normal Petrol do the job as well Thats what I have found out!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 13th January 2008, 07:32   #40
BHPian

Hey Don't worry you are not alone. My reading light cover too has come off a few days ago. Never liked it any ways.

t

Quote:
Was driving on a smooth road and suddenly bam!! something fell on my side. Saw it was the cover on top of the reading light. It has 5 locks three on one side and two on the other. The three were intact however the other two were broken. One of these two seemed missing from before and the other one had cracked because of which the cover fell off.

Damn! how is this possible? Who is to blame for this? Manufacturer, Vendor, Dealer? My first brush with the famous Tata quality.
Old 13th January 2008, 09:38   #41
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
The floor unit(rear) which is in both LX and EX is powered from the front AC coils.
Expect the Safari to get the integrated Roof Vents like the Sumo Grande this year..
Old 14th January 2008, 12:34   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
About Fuel indian Diesel cars/SUV run best on normal Diesel and new Petrol cars (post 2005) run best on Premium Petrol but normal Petrol do the job as well Thats what I have found out!
Honda recommends normal petrol for its cars. Thats what the dealer told me when I got my 2006 NHC.
Old 14th January 2008, 14:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
A small correction. The roof A/C in the Ex / Vx will not switch on unless the main AC is switched on. The AC switch is the same - on the dashboard.
Old 14th January 2008, 14:49   #44
BHPian

Hey Turby,

You have in yr Blog posted:
Quote:
Central locking not opening all doors every time opened manually from the drivers door. Is meant to be this way - Another Security measure - So I am told.!?!?"

My experience is that if the driver unlocks, then all doors are unlocked. If any other door is specifically unlocked then only that door is unlocked and the others stay in their original position.

Request comments from other owners please..

Most Viewed