Team-BHP - Beauty of the Beast Skoda Octavia RS - 57000 km review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Beauty of the Beast Skoda Octavia RS - 57000 km review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/32529-beauty-beast-skoda-octavia-rs-57000-km-review-3.html)

Congrats Ajmat :)

Very nice review, was easy to read & could actually get the complete feel of the buying process.

Do post on the upgrades that you would do.

Managed to track down original owner by email.

Only issues he had with the car are the chronic rear door rattling and being careful with the acceleration. He has no probs otherwise

nice review and an even nicer picture.

What about adding 17inchers and aftermarket tail lamps.

Something like this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/481210-post326.html

Pic taken at JMD Vashi, from where you bought your car.

I know am late here...

Congratulations Ajmat, the beast finally arrived.That pic has been my wallpaper for quite sometime now , if you know who sent it to me ;) .

Now whats with that teaser ? Please post some more pics, am sure the pro' should have shot many more.

Congratulations Ajmat ji. Amazing looking ride. Have you planned any mods?
Slightly OT: If you plan to change the OE alloys, please let me knowplease:.
I'm searching for vRS OE alloys.

The Pic has come out awesome

This made me realise that no matter how the object may look or how the camera may be or whatever , its the way the pic is taken which rightly shows the product.

Awaiting More Pictures Dude, and a nice buy.

Nice write up and a great piciture. Hope you'll enhace it to the VTEC level of mods :-)

Regards
Rex

Congrats Ajmat.
Please post more pics.(Not your mobile cam pics):D

Silence

compared to the vtec, it does whoosh. I do miss the lusty calling of her but the secure feel makes up for it.

Clocked 22000km. Took it to Mysore for lunch and recently to Coonoor and back. It did it without a murmur. Going up the Segur ghats, it mopped up the hairpins and the traffic without a fuss and the temp needle was stable. Turn in ain't like the Honda. On the way up, a Logan in front stalled and I found the car's weakness - turbo lag. You need to maintain boost.

The acceleration is mindblowing. Love the way Sumo's keep honking me thinking I am a diesel, I let them honk till frustration sets in, wait for road to clear and they wonder what happened. It is fairly secure.

An RS is worth it over the Rider - the lights and the roof. In winter and evenings in thin traffic, it is great open air driving.

Bugbears
Wheels look good but is a pain to clean. the car washing guy never cleans wheels and gets upset when I wash the car and give it a full job. It looks great after a good workover.

Front bumper - scrapes easily, need to be careful on speedbreakers.

Mods - in Bangalores traffic, I wonder if it is worth it. Needs a tyre upgrade and suspension a little tighter.

Just finished its 20000 service. Came to Rs 5800. Vinayak were pretty good and prompt. Needed a power steering top up since there was a small leak. The only other big leak I found was using their urinal, I got my feet a little wet.

They refused to fit my Tarox pads - bit risk averse, manager came out to apologise. Got to do it myself.

Tax has been paid but re-registration takes its own time. Thats all for now. I'm happy and it goes on without a murmur.
Beauty of the Beast  Skoda Octavia RS  - 57000 km review-dsc_0170.jpg

Great report as always, Ajmat. Your RS is looking hot...perfectly angled picture. Good to hear that you and the RS are treating each other well.

Nice report Ajmat. I see you have scraped the bumper chin a couple of times more since the day we took it from JMD.

5800 for service is pretty decent. How are the rattles after the bandhipur drive?

great review.. wish you many more days of happy ownership!

did u by any chance give it for servicing on this Tuesday (03-June)? i was there at vinayaka to service my vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 857023)
Wheels look good but is a pain to clean.

yeah they look very nice. L&K ones are not that hot looking, but easy to clean.

Quote:

The only other big leak I found was using their urinal, I got my feet a little wet.
i noticed it in time.. i am very suspicious of any public loo..

Decided to get the Tarox pads fitted as the rear brakes were singing their number.

Originally planned to do it myself but the wise old man suggest I go to Suraaksha and supervise it. It requires a special caliper windback tool which I got from London.

Downloaded all details from briskoda. Went to Suraaksha. Ramamurthy sat with me and guided the mechanics based on the instructions and they got going. Good systems, if in doubt, they call someone senior and do not botch. I did not interfere until they looked stuck and I showed them a diagram and they twigged on.

Alas, the front Tarox ones did not fit - looks like they fit the diesel ones:Frustrati. There was a 61k rider in and the pads were worn and the rotors looked like saturns rings. We compared the pads to those.

The rear went on fine. The brake feel has transformed.

Cost of fitting - Rs 250. I highly recommend Suraksha for the non electronic straightforward jobs. Most importatn, they have god tools and hoists. Got a Haynes manual so it should be easy to ensure they cover most jobs You probably save a bit also!

Nice birthday gift to yourself! Though I still cant understand how your rear brake pads wore out faster than the front.