Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:50   #106
Senior - BHPian

Which coil is it.
Also i heard that the Skoda Octavia vRs needs some replacement in the A/C department every year or two. Can you enlighten me.
Have you faced any such problem?
Old 24th February 2009, 10:36   #107
evo
BHPian

Have just got some work done on my AC in the RS. 10 grand in total.
Old 6th March 2009, 11:17   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Monkey and I were discussing your car, it is used normally and never meddled with and you have no problems, why let a dealer introduce issues into it.
What is normal usage. I rev the car once in a while just o get it's juices flowing and to remind the parts of their pedigree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
i heard that the Skoda Octavia vRs needs some replacement in the A/C department every year or two.
I dont think it is this frequent.
Old 7th March 2009, 00:02   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
12K for coils ? JMD qouted me 8K.

And they were surprised on seeing the VAGCOM ? Don't they have a scanner in the workshop ?

Its really surprising that you r on this forum and u don't know the diffce betn VAG-COM and scanner. I think u should get your home work done

Man u should be aware of difference between VAG-COM and scanner.

Note from Support - Please read the rules before you post.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 7th March 2009 at 16:55. Reason: Posting within the editable period
Old 7th March 2009, 09:32   #110
Senior - BHPian

VAG-COM is a scanner. FYI, the word scanner is a verb.
Old 7th March 2009, 12:54   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
trust me i really feel this ajmat has a different story all together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thakurs View Post
Its really surprising that you r on this forum and u don't know the diffce betn VAG-COM and scanner. I think u should get your home work done
Quote:
Thakurs, I know you've already been warned by the moderator about using sms lingo. Do your homework before you come into the forum all guns blazing, please. I find your posts quite annoying and a bit offensive.

I request you to read Team-BHP rules before making another post anywhere on the forum.

Lastly, we know the people who are making statements here. They are senior members and have introduced themselves to us in the past. You may even be qualified to rubbish everything "this ajmat" and anyone else has said, but unfortunately we don't know who you are.

Please introduce yourself or nobody will take you seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
VAG-COM is a scanner. FYI, the word scanner is a verb.
No. "To scan" is a verb. "Scanner" (A machine that scans) is a noun. We can take this to the English thread if you like.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 7th March 2009 at 13:01.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2009, 13:46   #112
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, English grammar has never been my strong point. I use the language by instinct and thus I can't say x is a noun and y is a verb without mixing stuff up. But still, his tone was unwarranted and I had to set him straight.
Old 7th March 2009, 16:54   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thakur,

I don't think you actually understood why I posed the question to Ajmat.

I know the difference between a VAGCOM and a scanner. According to my limited knowledge - if you go to a A.S.S they will connect to a "scanner".

VAG-COM is the cable + software that allows you to do the same thing as the workshop "scanner" on your pc or laptop.

Please let me know whether the difference mentioned by me is correct or not ? It would be nice to learn new things.

Old 8th March 2009, 21:44   #114

Hey

In VAG COM you'll get the actual values but not the specified values,its just like a HHT (hand held tester) now VAG is ruled out & new version is VAS i.e. for VW group

Hey

I am apologize for my words. I didn't desire to upset any one.

Last edited by ajmat : 9th March 2009 at 09:53.
Old 31st March 2009, 22:14   #115
Team-BHP Support

Within the dark clouds, a ray of light

Over the past couple of weeks, the car groans as I get in early morning when off to the gym. It ain't in my bones but was getting there. It was similar when the anti roll bar bushes were giving way.

Curiously, the noise disappears after a couple of KM. My impending trip out next week meant it needed attention.

Took it to Vinayak. Found that Fayaz has left. Test drive showed nothing. I suggested they keep the car and look at it when cold. It was found the front suspension needed tightening and a little lubrication. They also tightened up the doors etc and changed the rear bulb

All for a mere Rs 550. I was quite prepared for new suspension bushes. Satish handled the process well.

Skoda have a new system linked centrally so any dealer anywhere can extract your car details.

Not sure if the discreet t-bhp stickers had something to do with it. I prefer to use my knowledge to force issues through.

Took my head of security on a vendor visit in the car - he could not get over the midrange thrust of the beast
Old 10th April 2009, 21:14   #116
Team-BHP Support

All is forgiven!

Just did a round trip to Kodaikanal and back.

With the issues that have been happening over the past three months, there was always that lingering doubt. bit like that wayward but exciting girlfriend you might have had!

The beast performed flawlessly and attacked the ghats with gusto. By the time I reached Kodaikanal, there was a whiff of petrol. Checked for leaks, none at all. No more smells later on.

On my return leg, once I cleared the ghats, I kept the car at 120km/h. suspension is a little floaty, might look at stiffer bushes. Lowerng the suspension is not an option at this is my daily driver.

Nudge from the old man- don't even talk about power upgrades

When in Kodaikanal, the ladies took my car away, it was a little difficult getting it back. I ended up with their 'in laws' Padmini.
Old 10th April 2009, 22:08   #117
Team-BHP Support

If you can, get a set of after market shocky inserts, thats all the beast needs.
Old 14th July 2009, 22:20   #118
Team-BHP Support

Car in for its 35000 km service. asked them to change timing belt but they seem reluctant.

Got two reminders to confirm that the car was going in before I delivered it and two more reminders after that!

Lets see what happens - fingers crossed!
Old 15th July 2009, 18:38   #119
BHPian

Ajmat, I read your April post about suspension being floaty today. If you haven't done anything about it yet, you may consider changing the stock shocks to Koni FSD. I did the same at 40000 kms and the car is taut as it was when new.
Old 15th July 2009, 18:52   #120
Team-BHP Support

lol. Bomi don't give him ideas. I think all he needs to do is get the suspension bushes replaced and he should be happy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks