Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2008, 11:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

i can krish, but i dont know how many would agree to each of my point in here, so you can expect a debate!
Disclaimer: This is from my personal experiences.

Innova 2.5 D -
for the pros and cons, you can have a look at the first post in this thread.

Scorpio 2.2 mHawk:
+ extremely responsive engine, good low-end and mid-range power.
+ great NVH: silent engine and nil road/tyre noise.
+ tyre pressure monitors, auto headlights/wipers & reverse sensors work well.
+ good build

- not so good ride quality.
- fit & finish not as good as toyota.
- no electric RVMs & airbags.
- adequate interior space, but not as much as safari and innova.

safari 2.2 VTT:
+ spacious and very comfortable cabin.
+ the best ride quality in the segment.
+ heated RVMs. (i came to know of this feature recently!)

- not so impressive engine considering its 140 bhp, poor low end response.
- not so good build quality, body very prone to rattles and squeaks. plastic quality, fit & finish is bad.
- poor ergonomics, especially the gear lever, stereo and door handles.
- not the most reliable car around, but most problems are electrical.

all the above mentioned vehicles have ABS and a great AC as one of its pros.
looks, road presence, etc. are purely subjective, so you can decide.

short judgement:

* innova is the most reliable and best to be driven around. its at ease in city as well as highways.
* scorpio is the perfect driver's car here. very comfortable in city. lots of gizmos keep you happy (which non-scorpio owners feel crappy!).
* safari has the most comfortable ride and back seats, perfect for the back seat person. perfect for highways.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2008, 12:30   #32
BHPian

WOW.. you have given a reply that will hurt none. Three vehicles that have three seperate comfort zones.
Old 9th November 2009, 15:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Raj:I want to know the performance of the both Innova & Scorpio after the 1L kms. Which is more idle for longtime say about 10y.
Guess you would be idle person to ask for. Since you've been using both vehicle together.

Warning:Pros & cons of the both vehicles whole heartedly & nothing should be in favor of any vehicle. (I know you are towards scorpio...but lets see)
Old 11th November 2009, 08:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Raj:I want to know the performance of the both Innova & Scorpio after the 1L kms. Which is more idle for longtime say about 10y.
Guess you would be idle person to ask for. Since you've been using both vehicle together.

Warning:Pros & cons of the both vehicles whole heartedly & nothing should be in favor of any vehicle. (I know you are towards scorpio...but lets see)
for long term use, prefer the innova.

i do have a older non-CRDe scorpio which has crossed 1.8 lakh kms & a CRDe scorpio which has crossed 1.4 lakh kms & both are running quite efficiently. but in both vehicles, the engines have lost its enthusiasm a bit. more so in case of the non-CRDe. its acceleration is gone & its way too noisy now. but if we talk about build quality, both my scorpios are excellent as there is not even a small rattle from either of the scorpios.

at the same time, the same cannot be said about my mHawk. it has developed quite a few squeaks very early in its life.

So, i would prefer the innova for long term use as i think the innova's engine would be more capable then a mahindra's engine, say after 5 years.

also, my innova is 60,000 kms old, so i cannot give more details on its long term reliability as how it will perform after 1 lakh, but since its a toyota, i expect it to be better than the mahindras.
Old 11th November 2009, 09:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Comparing to kms of your Scorpios, Innova seems to be on holiday season
Old 11th November 2009, 10:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Comparing to kms of your Scorpios, Innova seems to be on holiday season
thats because the innova is given a very gentle treatment comparitively! it has seen only city roads & good express highways unlike the scorpios which go to places with non-existent roads!
Old 11th November 2009, 10:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
for long term use, prefer the innova.

i do have a older non-CRDe scorpio which has crossed 1.8 lakh kms & a CRDe scorpio which has crossed 1.4 lakh kms & both are running quite efficiently. but in both vehicles, the engines have lost its enthusiasm a bit. more so in case of the non-CRDe. its acceleration is gone & its way too noisy now. but if we talk about build quality, both my scorpios are excellent as there is not even a small rattle from either of the scorpios.

at the same time, the same cannot be said about my mHawk. it has developed quite a few squeaks very early in its life.

So, i would prefer the innova for long term use as i think the innova's engine would be more capable then a mahindra's engine, say after 5 years.

also, my innova is 60,000 kms old, so i cannot give more details on its long term reliability as how it will perform after 1 lakh, but since its a toyota, i expect it to be better than the mahindras.
Thanks for the valuable inputs. Yes I would agree with Innova as a long term contender in terms of its reliability. But on the other side, Scorpio had geared up in offering more features and should say it as best VFM.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Thanks for the valuable inputs. Yes I would agree with Innova as a long term contender in terms of its reliability. But on the other side, Scorpio had geared up in offering more features and should say it as best VFM.
yes, more so when mahindra is now offering airbags too.
Old 31st August 2010, 17:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my innova has crossed 65k kms by now. it is again on a mumbai-bangalore-kerela-mumbai trip & is having the sedimenter light issue as mentioned here. any inputs on what should be done?
Old 31st August 2010, 19:47   #40
BHPian

Raj if one were to choose among the scorpio and innova, wiith main priority being ability to drive over bad roads, which one would you suggest?

Also how has your experience with Mahindra a.s.s. been?
Old 31st August 2010, 22:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Raj if one were to choose among the scorpio and innova, wiith main priority being ability to drive over bad roads, which one would you suggest?

Also how has your experience with Mahindra a.s.s. been?
With that priority in mind, i would choose the scorpio. the innova bottoms out easily on bad roads, especially with more than 5 people.

Mahindra's A.S.S is not too good. they can never rectify your problems in one go. on the contrary, their customer helpline service is very good. they are very prompt & do their best to solve your problems.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

my innova has completed 70k kms, absolute blissful ownership experience. no reliability issues & no other problems. i just that i wish toyota had offered more features, better refinement & more performance at this price.

by the way, the body panels are really really weak, look here.
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Completed 77k kms with no issues apart from some minor ones!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova 2.5 EDIT - Now touching a Lakh kms-dsc_0069.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2010, 22:33   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
my innova has completed 70k kms, absolute blissful ownership experience. no reliability issues & no other problems. i just that i wish toyota had offered more features, better refinement & more performance at this price.

by the way, the body panels are really really weak, look here.
Hi raj,

I never knew that innova had problems with the weak body panels.i have traveled a lot in them and even last week i traveled 350 kms in it,seemed rock solid with no vibrations at all.

it has comfort of AC,adjustable 2nd row seats ect which i like a lot,even my family member like it a lot.

BTW what will be the average 10k service bill for it?
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi raj,

I never knew that innova had problems with the weak body panels.i have traveled a lot in them and even last week i traveled 350 kms in it,seemed rock solid with no vibrations at all.

it has comfort of AC,adjustable 2nd row seats ect which i like a lot,even my family member like it a lot.

BTW what will be the average 10k service bill for it?

Body Panels of Innova are weaker than many a cars, including my Baleno. I am scared to lean on the doors for the fear of causing a dent.

While the body panels are weak, the chasis is not. In fact it is one of the stiffer ones around and there is no noticable flex in it. This along with moderately stiff suspension makes the Innova feel rock solid at highway speeds.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 23rd November 2010 at 01:42.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks